Jordan IV Military Black - May 21, 2022

Not that it matters much to me, but I see resell dipping below $300 just based on CW.

I won a GS and PS pair off Hibbetts. Hoping for good luck tomorrow with FLX.
3CD7489E-A91E-4791-B179-7B3EEA6A995E.jpeg

I hit on DSM LA's raffle (also preordered under retail Zadeh).

A GR = General Release = more pairs out there

These will do a standard resell curve. Large dip and then rise as stock dries up. Since it is a mass appeal color way (black/white/panda'esque), resell on these from that perspective will be "good" in the long run aka prices will inevitably rise.

I hit on DSM LA's raffle (also preordered under retail Zadeh).

A GR = General Release = more pairs out there

These will do a standard resell curve. Large dip and then rise as stock dries up. Since it is a mass appeal color way (black/white/panda'esque), resell on these from that perspective will be "good" in the long run aka prices will inevitably rise.
How big of a dip

How big of a dip
Shoe ain’t even out yet and these kids already ready to tank them. I can’t predict how low, but from a reseller standpoint: you don’t like seeing this on StockX. Already dozens of pairs below $300 on a high volume size (9)
06948129-7570-44C3-83CC-FCEC21FA022E.jpeg

^^ Wow, these are actually being called "Military Black?" And people are getting hyped for these like they're the Military Blue's. Who knows when JB will give us what we really want, smh

^^ Wow, these are actually being called "Military Black?" And people are getting hyped for these like they're the Military Blue's. Who knows when JB will give us what we really want, smh

when have military blues been hyped?

Every time they've released they've yellowed on shelves and gone on sale. There is no huge demand for them to be retroed.

Several OG colorways have dropped and sat longer than expected. And now a lot of kicks are staying around and are attainable locally.

Military blue fours aren't a great colorway, they just haven't been released in a while and we saw that with maroons and mochas it didn't matter much to the general public.

So they didn't need to have the name as military to add hype to these, because there is no hype for military blues and this IMO is a better colorway.

Several OG colorways have dropped and sat longer than expected. And now a lot of kicks are staying around and are attainable locally.

Military blue fours aren't a great colorway, they just haven't been released in a while and we saw that with maroons and mochas it didn't matter much to the general public.

So they didn't need to have the name as military to add hype to these, because there is no hype for military blues and this IMO is a better colorway.

agreed. 100%

These are a clean color way, and JB knows they need to release these before the Military Blue's to cash out. There is a demand for Military 4's, despite it never being one of the most popular color ways.

Same with JB releasing the "Royalty" 12's to cash out before releasing the Taxi's down the line. The color way is close enough to the military's , even using the same name, where it's obviously an opportunity to make more $$$ before releasing the military's. They wouldn't release the military blue's now and then put these out 1-1.5 years later, but it's possible to do the reverse which they may be doing now

I think the 'hype' comes from a few reviewers and people like me who had the original Military Blues decades ago. I think it might have even been my first pair of Js.

Got the 2012 re-release or whatever it was, and doubled up. Wore em for a day or two and they were awful. Took both pairs back to the store (can't remember if it was fnl or champs but it was a small (in size) store and got my money back :lol:

Nike officially calls these "White and Black" which is super boring but hey. Also these aren't even that great but I like 4s. I got the 4s back in the day and I think the next Js I bought were the original 11s. Played in all of these shoes.

Back
Top Bottom