Jordan IV Military Blue - May 4, 2024

Then what are we comparing them to? There’s been maybe 4 decent quality 4s drop since 1989. The bar is low but we’re all still here every release.
Crap is crap. Doesn’t matter if every other retro was garbage too. It’s unfortunate that we’ve never gotten a good FR4 retro. You’re spot on regarding the number of decent 4s since 89. You have the two 99 pairs, the SB4, and the reimagined BC4. The upcoming military will be #5. Sad but true.

Crap is crap. Doesn’t matter if every other retro was garbage too. It’s unfortunate that we’ve never gotten a good FR4 retro. You’re spot on regarding the number of decent 4s since 89. You have the two 99 pairs, the SB4, and the reimagined BC4. The upcoming military will be #5. Sad but true.
I’d add the 2016 white cements but you’re right. That’s about it.

Also us: "Tinker Hatfield didn't hand-craft this pair to the exact specifications of a 35-year old shoe saved in a vault that will crumble if you hold it wrong - so it's GARBAGE!"'

It's so exhausting....

Also us: "Tinker Hatfield didn't hand-craft this pair to the exact specifications of a 35-year old shoe saved in a vault that will crumble if you hold it wrong - so it's GARBAGE!"'

It's so exhausting....
Most people aren’t hung up on 1:1 retros. You don’t see many people complaining about the new 4s because they’re a good looking shoe even though they are quite different than the ogs. Same goes for recent 3s and 11s. None are really close to og spec but they manage to capture enough of what made those models appealing.

Most people aren’t hung up on 1:1 retros. You don’t see many people complaining about the new 4s because they’re a good looking shoe even though they are quite different than the ogs. Same goes for recent 3s and 11s. None are really close to og spec but they manage to capture enough of what made those models appealing.
Oh I hear ya. It's the very vocal .0001% who will rant for months about the rise of the collar being 1/2" shorter than the OGs or the toecap angle being 3 degrees too steep that just make me like
nope-not.gif

Proximity to the OG spec is subjective. If they got 95% of it right a lot of people here would say the 5% makes them trash.

Same way the toebox police is in every thread just out of habit, even when the toebox is improved vastly (like these powder blue 9’s dropping)

and if people wore their sneakers instead looking at them on shelves like art exhibits 🤷‍♂️

and if people wore their sneakers instead looking at them on shelves like art exhibits 🤷‍♂️

i can understand the hardcore enthusiasts issues with it. for me personally my issues with shape start and stop with sizing. if the current shape/specs of a she dont allow me to wear a shoe comfortably by sizing up or down than thats where i take issue.

To add to this, we’re starting to get back to that 99-03 level. Those retros weren’t perfect, but they were 95%-98% there and it was close enough to be satisfied.

To add to this, we’re starting to get back to that 99-03 level. Those retros weren’t perfect, but they were 95%-98% there and it was close enough to be satisfied.
I agree, it's highly unlikely we will EVER get OG materials EVER again, especially now that Nike is going Green/Recycled Materials, the good ol dayz are OVER unfortunately. The Shape however is fixable imo...

Back
Top Bottom