Jordan Luka 1

If my daughters softball team is black an orange again this year I'll grab them. But the coach switches the damn colors every season 😂
Coach has a cut in jersey sales 😂. Only reason to be switching so much.

701EC22A-CCFC-46D8-A4C3-6E71D8C8A300.jpeg
29B70647-7994-40FA-BDD3-DD909BED5F8C.jpeg

Check your local JD Sports if you want them immediately.

JS”

JD always coming through early!
JD came through tonight. I scored a pair at our local store they had them on display with some other Jordan 1 that doesn't appear to have dropped widely yet.

These aren’t too bad for the price point. Tried em on in store, great court feel, good support, traction seems like it’ll be okay (solid rubber > translucent).

The cushioning is okay - probably more so for lighter guards. Tried on the Jordan 38s after and there’s no zoom/spring at all lol. That said, I sometimes prefer a solid-type cushioning where I don’t ‘sink’ in to the sole if that makes sense? For whatever reason I feel more explosive and closer to the court.

Anyone else the same?

5CCD2E23-EE0E-4244-9669-12F8E3B7F858.jpeg

Initial thoughts…

Got a lot of compliments on these, and it wasn’t even a lot of heads in the gym today. As far as performance, things I really liked:
  1. Fit and containment - arguably the highlight of the shoe, 1:1 fit and hardly even noticed it was on my foot
  2. Traction - zero issues, thought it gripped the floors really well all night
  3. Responsiveness - even though I love Zoom, I can appreciate this setup. For comparison I have a pair of Kyrie 5 lows w/ forefoot Zoom and I’d take these over them all day any day.
I will say that the heel cup on these are pretty stiff and kinda irritating me but I’m thinking maybe they just need to be broken in a little more. Other than that, no complaints really. The Formula 23 cushion is def not as plush as React but not hard as Phylon either. I played for about 2 hours and my old knees aren’t sore at all so there’s that. For the current price with this MEMBER25 sale I’d def recommend picking up a pair if you’re on the fence.

Damn man, I wish they would release these

1676242693506.png
Seeing these Luka, had me thinking:
"Thinkin' how I'ma cop the 6 at the beginnin' of winter , Chrome it out and then fit it with timber, that's wood grain
What you ain't know, this a hood thang" -Chyna Whyte (Bia' Bia')

Last edited:

Initial thoughts…

Got a lot of compliments on these, and it wasn’t even a lot of heads in the gym today. As far as performance, things I really liked:
  1. Fit and containment - arguably the highlight of the shoe, 1:1 fit and hardly even noticed it was on my foot
  3. Responsiveness - even though I love Zoom, I can appreciate this setup. For comparison I have a pair of Kyrie 5 lows w/ forefoot Zoom and I’d take these over them all day any day.
I will say that the heel cup on these are pretty stiff and kinda irritating me but I’m thinking maybe they just need to be broken in a little more. Other than that, no complaints really. The Formula 23 cushion is def not as plush as React but not hard as Phylon either. I played for about 2 hours and my old knees aren’t sore at all so there’s that. For the current price with this MEMBER25 sale I’d def recommend picking up a pair if you’re on the fence.

Around how old is "old knees" :emoji_sweat_smile:

Initial thoughts…

Do you have the move insoles? Could have been someone else. But I’m wondering how they will feel with these. If you do please let us know how they work on these. Matter fact if anyone has those insoles please let us know 😅

So I've been playing more in these shoes and the formula 23 definitely breaks in over time and the shoe feels great.

Even though it's not zoom, it's still a pretty good shoe once broken in (takes multiple games)

Also full disclosure... I am use custom orthotics with these but they were also "good" without them.

The shoes would still, imo, be better with forefoot zoom.

Do you have the move insoles? Could have been someone else. But I’m wondering how they will feel with these. If you do please let us know how they work on these. Matter fact if anyone has those insoles please let us know 😅
Yes I have multiple pairs lol

I remove the stock insole from my shoes first thing when I get them so they’re easier to remove later. With the Lukas I didn’t get a chance to play in them with the stock ones so right now I don’t have anything to compare my experience too. Will probably play again in them tomorrow and see if there’s any difference that I notice.

Yes I have multiple pairs lol

I remove the stock insole from my shoes first thing when I get them so they’re easier to remove later. With the Lukas I didn’t get a chance to play in them with the stock ones so right now I don’t have anything to compare my experience too. Will probably play again in them tomorrow and see if there’s any difference that I notice.
Do you think those move insoles are worth it? infraren in the coupon thread posted up a promo and if you buy three there’s another discount comes out to $33ish WITH tax. I’m thinking about pickup 2 game days and 1 all day but I want an honest opinion on them. I’ve been trying to hoop more and my old brittle bones and stiff joints needs all the recovery edge they can get 😂

Do you think those move insoles are worth it? infraren in the coupon thread posted up a promo and if you buy three there’s another discount comes out to $33ish WITH tax. I’m thinking about pickup 2 game days and 1 all day but I want an honest opinion on them. I’ve been trying to hoop more and my old brittle bones and stiff joints needs all the recovery edge they can get 😂
I hear ya man lol

So overall IMO all 3 do help to improve the overall fit of the shoe…even if it’s just a minor upgrade. They all also add more heel cushioning so that’s nice. The GD pros have a really stiff midsole setup that are nice for shoes that don’t have a shank plate.

If you can get them on a discount then go for it, I believe that they have a satisfaction guarantee…not sure how long you have to test em out, maybe 30 days or something like that.

Those with narrow feet - how did they feel? Recollecting the time I tried them on, I remember there was a lot of dead space in the forefoot (going TTS). I've been pretty happy with Kobe's / Kyries - but these definitely have a bit more room up there.

Not ideal - but i'd still feel confident in lateral cuts etc.

Those with narrow feet - how did they feel? Recollecting the time I tried them on, I remember there was a lot of dead space in the forefoot (going TTS). I've been pretty happy with Kobe's / Kyries - but these definitely have a bit more room up there.

Not ideal - but i'd still feel confident in lateral cuts etc.
I have narrow feet and I’ve been playing in the habitat, which I believe have react foam in them. I’ve put some 30-40 hours in them. I played in the regular (white/blue) for 4-6 hours. The habitats are a little bit more comfortable (not that noticeable) and the traction was a lot better imo. If I would compare them to other shoes I would say they play more like a pg1 or zoom freak 1. There’s court feel however the cushion is lacking. I can play 3 hours in them fine. But if I play say, Monday and Wednesday, I definitely feel soreness Thursday morning.

Lol I don’t know if this answered anything you asked but it’s to late to delete it now!

I have narrow feet and I’ve been playing in the habitat, which I believe have react foam in them. I’ve put some 30-40 hours in them. I played in the regular (white/blue) for 4-6 hours. The habitats are a little bit more comfortable (not that noticeable) and the traction was a lot better imo. If I would compare them to other shoes I would say they play more like a pg1 or zoom freak 1. There’s court feel however the cushion is lacking. I can play 3 hours in them fine. But if I play say, Monday and Wednesday, I definitely feel soreness Thursday morning.

Lol I don’t know if this answered anything you asked but it’s to late to delete it now!
Your experience with the cushion is what most people have reported. I hate it, because at $82 for the blue pair, I'd be all over them but having played in the Freak 1s, as much as I love that shoe I paid for it after games. And it was indoor games and I was playing for 2, 2 & 1/2 hours and it was pain. And the couple times I balled in them outdoors I was quick as lightning. But damn did I pay for it later. And that kinda stuff is going to catch up to me more than it already has. I'm still going to get the Jade or Emerald or whatever pair, and maybe I'll put an insole in or just use them for casual stuff. But the lack of cushion is just sucky.

I’m going for those jades too. There’s a few others that I want, the pinkish one and the emerald black one. But I think I’m going to restrain myself. After jades, all others will be bought with discount.

As i'm relatively new to this model -- am I right in saying that the Habitat model exclusively has react foam? Or was that just a general assumption? Excuse my tardiness.

I'm not against hard/firm cushioning. In some setups it feels more connected vs a zoom/air setup where you just sink. But it's well documented that the cushioning on the L1's are stiff vs soft.

I've got 35yr old knees, chronic patella tendiopathy (which is under control weirdly enough) but I average 4-5hrs a week of ball. The rest of activity is dedicated to load the **** out of my knees/tendons etc. to strengthen, so selfishly I have time to recover.

I think i'm going to bite the bullet and give these ago. For the majority of my balling life I've rocked 2K4's since they've released. In between that I've had a few Kyries and the Protro 5. For the old school heads out here.. i've also balled in the Jet Flights, Zoom Turbines, OG BB4, LeBron 2 and the And1 Madgame (hence the user name).

Anyway going off-topic...

Back
Top Bottom