Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Lol how did you not see that coming? Me and another dude on here had the same issue. Sucks, but you'll live with it. What are you making?

Going with a DMP celtics colorway...yeah, foolishly I thought more dye (less sauce/solebrite) and using the leather as versus the suede dye would get me closer to a green lol

Sorry for the late response.
Always mix duller with my paints. Not a fan of the pre-made matte, because it doesn't allow you control of how dull you want the finish to be. I added about a 1:6 ratio of duller to paint. Angelus alone is too glossy.
Awesome man, thanks for the response. 

Last edited:
These are surprisingly comfortable

Really soft padding

Definitely great quality all around ... But considering the higher price point to CHIs SBBs I would hope for nothing less than stellar quality. I think looking back in a year or so folks will recognize the laser along the other premium 1s.

So I finally wore my bred customs all day today and they were absolutely comfortable. Didn't even have to break them in with my wide feet. The paint held up very nicely even after getting stepped on multiple times (went to a minor league Game of Thrones themed baseball game to meet George RR Martin and get my GoT book signed). The soles did not fade or anything even though I dragged my feet a lot today and ran a couple of blocks. One thing I noticed was that my feet were a little moist and there was one small streak of black paint that bled onto my socks. Maybe I didn't heat set that part long enough, but there was nothing on the heel of my sock so the sockliner didn't bleed. If you painted most of the inside of the shoe, let me know if you had it bleed as well. Overall, I'm happy with how well they held up. Some of my friends gave me compliments.

One of my Jordan logos look so trash because it's barely embossed oh well. Not all pairs are created equal.

Last edited:
Some great custom work in here!! I'm planning to make some royals with my pair, but will have to pay someone to do it for me. Not confident enough in my arts & crafts skills to do it myself. Can anyone recommend someone that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg? Im located in SF if that matters.

Some great custom work in here!! I'm planning to make some royals with my pair, but will have to pay someone to do it for me. Not confident enough in my arts & crafts skills to do it myself. Can anyone recommend someone that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg? Im located in SF if that matters.

You should hit up the usual suspects .... Sneakerhead in the Bay, Retrosnicker, and Sophiesophss all of them are bay-area based and you should be able to get thier IG/email/contact info from thier respective how-to-videos on YouTube.

hiphopsays hiphopsays Right on, I'll check them out. How much should I be looking to spend? I've never done a custom job before so I have no idea what people usually charge.

hiphopsays hiphopsays Right on, I'll check them out. How much should I be looking to spend? I've never done a custom job before so I have no idea what people usually charge.

I've never paid for a custo but I imagine you already have a number in your head of 'too much' and since you already voiced some concerns over why you wouldn't do it(ie: detail, time) you have a base point for exploring if the customizer is right for you. Basically if the customizer is like $50 and I can have it back to you in 2-3 days then you know you might want to look else where and pay a little more for someone who values doing the detail work and is willing to put in the time for a professional looking finished product.

Lol guy on eBay has a pair of worn once or twice lasers for sale for 120 with 30 for shipping so 150 total. On the listing is a picture of the receipt that says he paid 120 for them so I offer him 110 shipped via PayPal invoice.and he's told me "no I paid 185 for them and they're only worn one time. These least I'll take is $140"

Yeah I'll pass

Lol guy on eBay has a pair of worn once or twice lasers for sale for 120 with 30 for shipping so 150 total. On the listing is a picture of the receipt that says he paid 120 for them so I offer him 110 shipped via PayPal invoice.and he's told me "no I paid 185 for them and they're only worn one time. These least I'll take is $140"

Yeah I'll pass
Lol. The eBay idiots are THEE absolute worst. One dude was listing another shoe I was interested in (non Jordan) and is on his 3rd or 4th relist with no bidders and I offered him $15 less than his final price (via PP invoice) and he told me no.  The idiot said his Paypal Invoice price was $10 more than his auction price.  I was so confused, but that's typical when you're dealing with kids with mom's credit card on ebay.

These customs look good yall. I've been away for awhile, but keep them coming.

Lol. The eBay idiots are THEE absolute worst. One dude was listing another shoe I was interested in (non Jordan) and is on his 3rd or 4th relist with no bidders and I offered him $15 less than his final price (via PP invoice) and he told me no.  The idiot said his Paypal Invoice price was $10 more than his auction price.  I was so confused, but that's typical when you're dealing with kids with mom's credit card on ebay.

These customs look good yall. I've been away for awhile, but keep them coming.

Clearly dealing with a child. And the fact that he's trying to make a profit on a shoe that has been sitting on shelves since its release even after he wore them
View media item 1673618

Last edited:
Hey y'all, first time posting here.  

I've been following this thread for awhile and first off let me  say I am in awe of the quality of work in the customs that have been posted here. The work shown here and the tutorial videos on youtube convinced me to take a crack at a pair of laser 1 customs as well.

I painted a pair of fragments and it went quite well, until I got to the business of dying the soles. Unfortunately, like a few others on here, I got dye on the white midsole while cleaning off the excess dye.

If anyone here has successfully saved their shoes after messing up as badly as I have, please let me know exactly what you did to do so. I scrubbed the blue spots with acetone, put bleach on the blue spots with a q-tip, then put the shoe under sunlight but I don't see much of a difference yet.

It really sucks to mess up like this when you're almost done with the whole project, and it seems like you've made an irreversible mistake.

Anyways thanks for reading, and if you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Keep trying with the bleach, I applied it about 12 times over and it worked fine for me.
Thanks, I'll keep trying. How much time did you wait between applying the bleach?

He could also always repaint the midsole with white right? 
I guess I'm trying to avoid having to do that because I didn't get white paint along with the rest of my order and I don't want to spend even more money on this project. I'm in Canada so the shipping is more expensive and I already had to source the dye from a separate site because Angelus Direct won't ship dyes, solebright, and deglazer internationally.

But if all else fails I will have to resort to that I suppose.

Thanks, I'll keep trying. How much time did you wait between applying the bleach?
I had to wait a couple of hours because it's winter time down here in NZ. But in the summer time in the northern hemisphere obviously it should be a lot quicker than that.

Hey y'all, first time posting here.  

I've been following this thread for awhile and first off let me  say I am in awe of the quality of work in the customs that have been posted here. The work shown here and the tutorial videos on youtube convinced me to take a crack at a pair of laser 1 customs as well.

I painted a pair of fragments and it went quite well, until I got to the business of dying the soles. Unfortunately, like a few others on here, I got dye on the white midsole while cleaning off the excess dye.

If anyone here has successfully saved their shoes after messing up as badly as I have, please let me know exactly what you did to do so. I scrubbed the blue spots with acetone, put bleach on the blue spots with a q-tip, then put the shoe under sunlight but I don't see much of a difference yet.

It really sucks to mess up like this when you're almost done with the whole project, and it seems like you've made an irreversible mistake.

Anyways thanks for reading, and if you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated, cheers.
Yep I got the dye on my midsole too was pretty bad. I bleached it with a toothbrush, left the bleach on overnight then washed it off. Repeated that process twice and it cleaned all of the dye off

Back
Top Bottom