Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Your wife is a beast (in a good way) with the brush bro. Didnt want to imply or make it seem as a insult. Hell I'd pay for that type of steady hand detailed work. My logo is trash compared to that lol. Makes me wanna remove the paint and start over. I have the matte finisher also. I dont want them to be real glossy. Guess ill have to invest in that krylon.
Thanks man appreciate it! My wife is a professional artist and a real talent with the brush.

Definitely get that Krylon matte spray. The difference is enormous as it gives you a near-factory finish.

First time hearing about this matte finisher. Does it wash off and you have to re-apply? I'm thinking of buying duller and mixing it into the paint to avoid them coming out too glossy. 

Krylon matte finish is a must. Spray lightly like if you're spraying your hair. djkaos23 djkaos23 I always dye my soles so they can dry overnight.

I had a chat with one of the angelus employees and they said let it dry for an hour. So to be safe im going to let it dry for about 2 or 3. Need these ready for tomorrow night.

Cheers @Duo 1026  
nthat.gif

If you want a matte look and don't want to use krylon spray can, get liquitex matte finisher and apply it with a paint brush

some cat in a group is selling a ds size 13 pair for 115$ any1 want his info lemme know ..

wish I could get my size 12 for that much

Last edited:
Got all the way to the end to have this happen. Dye seeped through the tape smfh. Any ideas on how to remove this (as much as possible) beside my only idea i have right now which is just painting the rubber midsoles.

View media item 1681334

Last edited:
Got all the way to the end to have this happen. Dye seeped through the tape smfh. Any ideas on how to remove this (as much as possible) beside my only idea i have right now which is just painting the rubber midsoles.
Try a session using bleach and a toothbrush, someone a page or 2 back tried it and it seemed to work for them.

Finally got around to imagining what I'd do with my pair when I get one, opinions? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Hey y'all, first time posting here.  

I've been following this thread for awhile and first off let me  say I am in awe of the quality of work in the customs that have been posted here. The work shown here and the tutorial videos on youtube convinced me to take a crack at a pair of laser 1 customs as well.

I painted a pair of fragments and it went quite well, until I got to the business of dying the soles. Unfortunately, like a few others on here, I got dye on the white midsole while cleaning off the excess dye.

View media item 1675263

If anyone here has successfully saved their shoes after messing up as badly as I have, please let me know exactly what you did to do so. I scrubbed the blue spots with acetone, put bleach on the blue spots with a q-tip, then put the shoe under sunlight but I don't see much of a difference yet.

It really sucks to mess up like this when you're almost done with the whole project, and it seems like you've made an irreversible mistake.

Anyways thanks for reading, and if you can help me out it would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Did the bleach method work?????

As you can see on my previous post I had a similar mess up. I just painted the midsole white because I just want to wear them asap. This is my trail and error pair so i'm upset but not that much. Now I know what to do and not do when I start my second pair. Gonna do some black toes.

Try a session using bleach and a toothbrush, someone a page or 2 back tried it and it seemed to work for them.

Finally got around to imagining what I'd do with my pair when I get one, opinions? :nerd:

Those purples go hard mayne. Do it

Did the bleach method work?????

As you can see on my previous post I had a similar mess up. I just painted the midsole white because I just want to wear them asap. This is my trail and error pair so i'm upset but not that much. Now I know what to do and not do when I start my second pair. Gonna do some black toes.
Yes the bleach and sunlight method works! It's taking a long time for me but it definitely works. I've been applying bleach and putting my shoe outside for a few hours everyday this week, and slowly but surely the blue spots are fading. Downside is the outsole that I want to be blue has faded a lot too just from being in direct sunlight for all that time. I feel like the sunlight is doing more than the bleach is but I'm still doing both. I've also taped the upper part of the shoe and wrapped a plastic bag around it to protect from the sunlight, not sure if that's necessary but I did it just in case.

I think when I redye the shoe I messed up and the second shoe I will remove the tape when I go to remove the excess dye. Because the same thing happened to me, the acetone carried the dye with it and seeped underneath the tape. If I was a) more careful and didn't soak the cotton pads with too much acetone and b) able to see when the dye bled onto the white midsole, I could have avoided this mess.

Finally got around to imagining what I'd do with my pair when I get one, opinions? :nerd:

I love both PSes. This is the kind of route that I wished more people had taken when it came to customizing these.

Black is my favorite color (or absence of), so the Black/Purple would be my vote. But if you have Royals, I'd say that those Royal/Whites are the move.

If you looking for that stuttin' pair then the purp is the way to go but those Royal CHIs are the way to go for versatility.

Do you guys think that the heat gun necessary when heat-drying the inner part? Or do you guys think I can just use a blow dryer? 

edit: my question has been answered.

Last edited:
What would you guys say is the best method for the tongue tag? I'm going to do black/reds. Painting it all black then going over the NIKE lettering with white, then red, or carefully paint the NIKE red first and carefully go around it with black? 

What would you guys say is the best method for the tongue tag? I'm going to do black/reds. Painting it all black then going over the NIKE lettering with white, then red, or carefully paint the NIKE red first and carefully go around it with black? 
I found it really difficult to go around the logo with the black because the 50/50 paint/water mix bleeds a lot, so it's very hard to make nice straight lines without the paint bleeding into the logo. Maybe that method works if you don't mix and just use straight up paint on the tag.

I ended up painting the whole thing black then filling in with white, then whatever final colour the lettering is supposed to be.

I'm sure others have had success with the first method, they probably have much better paintbrush skills than I do haha.

I found it really difficult to go around the logo with the black because the 50/50 paint/water mix bleeds a lot, so it's very hard to make nice straight lines without the paint bleeding into the logo. Maybe that method works if you don't mix and just use straight up paint on the tag.

I ended up painting the whole thing black then filling in with white, then whatever final colour the lettering is supposed to be.

I'm sure others have had success with the first method, they probably have much better paintbrush skills than I do haha.
repped. Thank you for the input. 

I've tried a few methods and I find covering the tag and then doing a base layer of white probably the most challenging. I've gone around the NA in black and then do a fill in of color.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom