Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

I have almost secured a pair of Royals. $240 shipped for Size 11. More than I want to pay, but........
Is this the bottom or do you think they will get down to $220? I had planned on paying retail for these so $240 is and extra $60 I didn't want to spend. This will be the first pair of shoes I have had to pay resell for[emoji]128533[/emoji]

Am I playground busted yet?

The panel leather is stiffer than my breds which is why the creases look so deep and wrinkly
But the graphic on my royals didn't peel off as easy
Looking Crows feet

View media item 2399889View media item 2399890

But I'm okay with that.

Breds over all

So plush and soft 

Lambskin status

I have almost secured a pair of Royals. $240 shipped for Size 11. More than I want to pay, but........
Is this the bottom or do you think they will get down to $220? I had planned on paying retail for these so $240 is and extra $60 I didn't want to spend. This will be the first pair of shoes I have had to pay resell for[emoji]128533[/emoji]
don't think its going to get any cheaper than that tbh. local FB groups were offering $275-280 picked up.

It's not from going a half size down

My range is 8 to a 9

The creases came in after one wear

I didn't do any jumping jacks, No usain bolt track runs

Just a light work day, Walking from end to end.

Leather was just stiffer than expected in the side panels. /Shrug gif

I'll double up if I can.

Shadows up next.

My overall opinion of the shoe

8/10

*Was looking for a more tumbled pair

*My blue matches on both shoes

*Smooth colorway

*The added glue smell is always a bonus, (aphrodisiac for sneaker connoisseurs)

*It's great just to own a pair with how the 2013's went down 

*Ended up camping which was an experience non the less

Last edited:
I know it varies per shoe but I found that my Banned 1s are more tumbled compared to the Royals near the ankle area and the heel; the tumbled leather also feels more plush and the Royals are a bit more stiff. I wore my Banned 1s give or take 10 times so that probably makes a difference.
same kicks, even how they vary with the tumbled leather from shoe to shoe.

This thread has been a complete 180 compared to the 2013 Royal threads. Up until RD, it was neck in neck. But the aftermath was totally different and unpredictable. Who would've thought EB/FtL was taking that many phone orders a week ago. Then Sheikh later that same week. Crazy!?!? In 2013, everyone on those threads after RD was holding on. Any glimmer of hope...... for a restock, missed pairs..... anything!! It was a tough time. And to top it off an NTr KCMOCLOCO sumthin..... He was giving out false hope about certain FnLs having stock for their grand openings.

These Royal threads.... :nthat:

just blaze just blaze Congrats on the accidental double up! This release was way different for us than the last time.... :lol:

Thanks Rhino. I'll admit, I didn't try very hard on this release even though I wanted em. Got lucky though. Struck out on Snkrs app x2 but checked out easily on FNL. Added 2 to cart on accident but wasn't gonna waste time changing quantity lol.

I remember in 2013 when people had to order from I think Kickz101 in Australia or something like that! Had to scrape the edges of the Earth to get a pair. :lol:

Last edited:
I think its too soon to pay over retail, the way this release has been going. We still haven't seen an actual online restock yet. I'd hold out.

I think its too soon to pay over retail, the way this release has been going. We still haven't seen an actual online restock yet. I'd hold out.

I agree, but at the same time restocks are about timing. Not everyone is on their phone or computer to keep track of that stuff. Prices at the moment seem fair for resell. These will only be going up as pairs dry up

Last edited:
I agree, but at the same time restocks are about timing. Not everyone is on their phone or computer to keep track of that stuff. Prices at the moment seem fair for resell. These will only be going up as pairs dry up

yeah that restock game is a pain. I was lucky enough to get on the Shiekh train

Unds these yesterday. Love em.

I'm a red person and don't have much Royal blue in my wardrobe. But imo I like the Royal color blocking better than the banned/bred blocking. Idk the blue and black pops more in my eyes compared to the red and black. If I was only able to chose one CW between the two I'd chose the Royals.

Back
Top Bottom