Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

yall would have a heart attack if you seen some of the creases that come on those European designer shoes
laugh.gif
LOL! Especially these days when a lot of trusty old brands are being bought up by big Italian conglomerates, and the product quality suffers as they run the brands to the ground. But creases will always be creases. Not sure when this sort of complaint started originally.

Last edited:
The TB release cannot be compared to "quality issues". There was one simple answer, cost. Folks didn't want to choke down that 220 pill, 250 with tax. So they found any little imperfection to return the product. Sure, if they released at 160, there would be little to no complaints and far few returns.

This is very well said. I firmly believe the cost of $200+ for a sneaker is still too much for the average consumer. For a regular sneaker enthusiast? Yeah, $200 works. But you're not going to find the normal consumer ready for that plunge, yet.

JB needs to cut this out, especially for GR releases. It's one thing to price a sneaker $200+ and have them release in limited numbers, but to price point at $200+ and make it a GR? You're asking for a mess there :lol:

The TB release cannot be compared to "quality issues". There was one simple answer, cost. Folks didn't want to choke down that 220 pill, 250 with tax. So they found any little imperfection to return the product. Sure, if they released at 160, there would be little to no complaints and far few returns.

Price has everything to do with it. You have no one to blame but yourself paying resell prices.

Look at Dunk prices. The msrp is low, and diehards "wait" for them to hit the sales racks. Why!? They know, the quality isn't there, nor the craftsmanship. But do they complain when they catch them on the low? No.

Yes I kinda agree... When folks found out City Blue had the TB3 for $160 , concerns about quality issue flew out the window. Suddenly it was Ok to have glue spots, imperfections of elephant print, high elephant print on the toe box, blue paint smudges on midsole. That lower price point made everything A Ok...

Yes.

But tell me when complaints and returns are related again?

People complain all the time, almost everyday. But folks don't return something almost everyday.
minor complaints are one thing, but youve got people acting as if the quality isnt something weve come to expect from JB and its as bad as the TB3 release where there were alot of returns

"major" quality issues and returns go hand in hand
TB 3 is different because you could return the product for a better one or get them discounted which is what a lot of people did.
How can one return royals for another pair?

You're wrong. All of the Air Jordan 1s I own have been purchased thru resell and around the $300 mark so price has nothing to do with it. I have no problem purchasing what I like if I'm not deceived. Now if all the issues had of been disclosed before I purchased then it's my fault if I buy after the fact for twice the price. Like BabyJ stated I need to buy from eBay so I can make sure I get the shoes pictured which is what I will be doing from now on.

I'm babyj now? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

chizzle chizzle how can you tell me what to post and not post? :lol:

DUDES BLINDLY DEFEND THE PRODUCT NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR PROVE.

that's a fact

I agree, at the same time we aren't forced to purchase anything. We can always find the old shoes or find others with better materials. The power of the buyers is strong, they just have to be strong enough to quit buying or accept what changes have been made. It would be different if they were labeling it falsely.
Totally agree with that! That's why I stopped buying their product awhile back, regardless if love the model or not, I know I will be disappointed. 

This is very well said. I firmly believe the cost of $200+ for a sneaker is still too much for the average consumer. For a regular sneaker enthusiast? Yeah, $200 works. But you're not going to find the normal consumer ready for that plunge, yet.

JB needs to cut this out, especially for GR releases. It's one thing to price a sneaker $200+ and have them release in limited numbers, but to price point at $200+ and make it a GR? You're asking for a mess there
laugh.gif
This. I honestly think Nike just wanted to test the waters on the price point they could get away with a hyped releasing producing at GR numbers.

They'll learn from this and hopefully do better.

@chizzle how can you tell me what to post and not post?
laugh.gif

DUDES BLINDLY DEFEND THE PRODUCT NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR PROVE.

that's a fact
I didn't tell you what to post.

One guy's post was towards HIS shoes and what he received.

The other guy's post was HIS view on complaining about quality as a whole.

It's unfair to relate the two.

Also, there's a difference between defending the product and and justifying the point of complaining. WE ALL AGREE the product isn't as good as it should be. There's no denying that. It's all the complaining, yet still buying and wearing the shoes at the end of the day. Nike isn't changing a thing if their bottom line isn't decreasing.

It's like complaining about the quality of food at McDonald's but you continue to eat there everyday.

You're wrong. All of the Air Jordan 1s I own have been purchased thru resell and around the $300 mark so price has nothing to do with it. I have no problem purchasing what I like if I'm not deceived. Now if all the issues had of been disclosed before I purchased then it's my fault if I buy after the fact for twice the price. Like BabyJ stated I need to buy from eBay so I can make sure I get the shoes pictured which is what I will be doing from now on.
:nerd: I don't think I've been in here today until now

I'm babyj now? [emoji]129300[/emoji]
:lol:

Last edited:
I'm not defending JB/Nike, and certainly am not blind to anything. I can live with what options I have. I'm a grown man and don't buy things unless I want them and am happy.

I just wish people would send these complaints straight to JB/Nike or hit them where it hurts by withholding their wallets from the reach of the manufacturer.

It's like complaining fords suck, then you buy a different ford model and are shocked when you think it sucks again.

When will we learn? For me, I learned to ONLY buy what I want and for the value it holds to me and me only. That's how I justify my spending. I don't care about market value, unless it comes to trying to get a good deal based on what I would be willing to spend anyways and what I could realistically obtain something for.

:rofl: these speeches are almost verbatim of each other in each thread

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom