Jordan Retro 1 OG Royal returns April 1 2017

What Nike shoes are as comfortable as UBs and EQT Boosts? (Serious) I haven't been able to find any that are compatible. I will give you that Nike FK Racers and Nike Sock Darts are much more comfortable than NMDs though.

You're gonna have a hard time convincing people in a Jordan thread. They've been brainwashed by Nike for years. These are the people who buy the same shoe every 3-4 years believing that the newest "remastered" version is made of superior quality

As someone who owns yeezys, multiple ultra boosts and other boost shoes I'll say this. They're definitely comfortable but what I'll give adidas credit for is that in an era where dudes wear any single shoe once a week or less, they made a cushion tech that doesn't require breaking in. Today tons of people either jumped directly from basket ball sneakers into boost because that's where the trends went and people have so many shoes that none of their shoes get worn enough to even really get broken in I can understand the fascination boost. If you or anyone falls into one of those categories I'm going to take your views on comfort with a grain of salt.

As comfortable as ultra boosts are out of the box theyre arguably one of the worst offenders of diminishing returns ive seen in a runner. as in the more you wear them the less comfortable they get and alot people will tell you from experience that boost bottoms out with heavy wear and ive absolutely experienced that in the ultra boost. while other shoes in the runner category like huaraches, prestos, sock darts, FKR's and even other adidas shoes like alpha bounces and higher end stuff like Y-3 qasas get significantly MORE comfortable as you break them in and wear them. I challenge you to find someone whos fully broken in a pair of huaraches, or any of the shoes i mentioned, to their own foot and owns a pair of ultra boosts to tell you that one severely out classes the other because i guarantee they wont. Especially dudes like me. I'm 6'4 240lbs THICC it doesnt take much for me to start breaking in a shoe and really start feeling the comfort. to tell me to compare ultra boosts comfort to any of those other shoes is like compare a movie rated 9.5/10 to a movies thats 9.1/10, but to a lot if you were to listen to some people throwing adidas on their back like BOOSTGOD youd think comfort didnt exist in sneakers until 2015.

Thats why i find it funny when dudes with their boost shoes still pearly white say that boost is the best thing ever when they stick their big toe in another shoe and complain about discomfort. sneaker "culture" has been replaced by resell culture so dudes where a shoe once or twice so they can still look good for their instagram photo shoots and then sell them. but still claim to be the authority on comfort.
thanks, I've yet to see someone talk about heavy use on boost and i need new shoes for work. Walkin 8 hours sucks so I'll prolly get some huaraches or prestos

I just want to know when dudes feet became so sensitive? Im sitting at working right now wearing some ted baker chukka boots, that are by no means anywhere near as comfortable as my sneakers yet, my feet dont hurt and im not experiencing an ounce of discomfort and get this astonishing fact I STILL ENJOY WEARING THEM. whether you are or not, no one likes to be labeled a hypebeast or trend hopper, but its so blatantly obvious that a LARGE portion of "sneakerheads" today are just hiding their hypebeasting behind this whole comfort shtick. give me a break. 

trust and believe im not a "nike only head that hasnt seen the light" im very familiar with boost on all levels and I still actively choose to wear other shoes in addition to boost

thanks, I've yet to see someone talk about heavy use on boost and i need new shoes for work. Walkin 8 hours sucks so I'll prolly get some huaraches or prestos
thats specifically ultra boosts, other models with thicker boosts soles like some of older pureboost and even rocket boosts dont suffer from bottoming out like ultraboosts do, or atleast i havent experienced it yet after almost 2 years of wear and tear. id give them a try as well

thats specifically ultra boosts, other models with thicker boosts soles like some of older pureboost and even rocket boosts dont suffer from bottoming out like ultraboosts do, or atleast i havent experienced it yet after almost 2 years of wear and tear. id give them a try as well
I was aiming towards the hardens cuz they seem to be the only damn boost shoe that doesn't have mesh or some kind of super breathable toe to prevent liquid being abdorbed

I was aiming towards the hardens cuz they seem to be the only damn boost shoe that doesn't have mesh or some kind of super breathable toe to prevent liquid being abdorbed
never tried any of the basket ball boosts so i cant really give an opinion on them but Y-3 has tons neoprene upper boosts and since neoprene is waterproof that may be the wave. you just have to hunt for a deal since y-3 has high retail. the one thing that comes to mind is this y-3 pure boost zg, they both went on severe discount 2-3 seasons ago

Last edited:
you're wrong, we get it, you hate Adidas. cool..

only thing ill agree with you is, Adidas products are overpriced and nothing worth the retail price but the same exact thing can be said about nike

in b4 an off topic comment made towards me like always from you :rolleyes

You know absolutely nothing about the business of shoes.

One Retro model has more sell thru than all boost sold this year.

Before you talk out you *** learn before you speak.

UB are artificially limited and well as all boost carrying models.

For the sake of argument, 100k pairs of boost is released all year, including inkini, 93/16, UB, etc. Nike releases 250k of the lowest producing "GR". Simple math tells you that 250k>100k

I own UB. It's a placebo effect. Yes, they're comfortable, but they're not worth $180. Like French said, they suck after long wears.

You love to throw your 2 cents in on everything like you're an expert yet at the end of the day all you're known for is...

Striking out and leading buyers to fake space jams.

Block me. Don't address me

Last edited:
one thing ill say about nike fans that i cant say about ultra boost fans is that nike people can seem like a shoe and still be critical of it (almost too critical as this thread shows
laugh.gif
) but most ultra boost fans wont tolerate anything other than ultraboost is the best shoe out. literally no objectivity in conversations with them.

plus the whole nike sux campaign they all seem to be personally invested in. theyll be the fist to criticize nike fans for picking up the same retro release over the course of a few years but i cant go through the boost thread without seeing collection pics of the 5 or 6 different triple black or grey based color ways over the different iterations of ultra boosts that released over the past year and half 
laugh.gif

lets just call a spade a spade

You love to throw your 2 cents in on everything like you're an expert yet at the end of the day all you're known for is...

" ... Or make records to disrespect me, blatant or indirectly"

#ETHERED

You know absolutely nothing about the business of shoes.

GET EM

this man just sold me on sock darts and huaraches 
nerd.gif
 might need a pair of either for work lol. never really bought runners.. or anything based on comfort i only wear converses, 1s, and various boots. never had a problem but i wanna see what all this fuss is about

Last edited:

this man just sold me on sock darts and huaraches 
nerd.gif
 might need a pair of either for work lol. never really bought runners.. or anything based on comfort i only wear converses, 1s, and various boots. never had a problem but i wanna see what all this fuss is about
lol well life is only going to get better for you at this point 
laugh.gif

unDS'ed my royals today and I noticed they are not nearly as comfortable as my Banned pair.   

Whats everyone else's thoughts on their royals?  Maybe I just need to spend more foot time and break them in more.

Man you guys cooking up a storm on nike vs adidas that doesnt even belong here!  Take it elsewhere fellas

lol well life is only going to get better for you at this point 
laugh.gif
lmao never really liked how loungey/sweatpants only some of those kicks look. wanted those triple black qasa back when i was super broke but you know how it is.. might cop a pair soon just gotta figure out the sizing

unDS'ed my royals today and I noticed they are not nearly as comfortable as my Banned pair.   

Whats everyone else's thoughts on their royals?  Maybe I just need to spend more foot time and break them in more.
mine are fine, wore them all day when i first laced them up no issues.

Last edited:
never tried any of the basket ball boosts so i cant really give an opinion on them but Y-3 has tons neoprene upper boosts and since neoprene is waterproof that may be the wave. you just have to hunt for a deal since y-3 has high retail. the one thing that comes to mind is this y-3 pure boost zg, they both went on severe discount 2-3 seasons ago
View media item 2411512
View media item 2411513

Damn so ugly, I just can't do boost :smh:

Last edited:

lmao never really liked how loungey/sweatpants only some of those kicks look. wanted those triple black qasa back when i was super broke but you know how it is.. might cop a pair soon just gotta figure out the sizing
Qasas run about a half size big, earlier qasas run a full size big, so id go a full size down if i were you 

As comfy as Prestos and Huraches may be after breaking in, they still don't look as good as UBs...

Not trying to get into the middle of the debate, but other than retros Nike hasn't really put out anything that great looking in a while, IMO. Retros sure, but FKR haven't changed in 5+ years. Flyknit trainers (which are dope af) are no longer made. Nike Frees are going the wrong direction as far as looks over the last few years. Huraches and Prestos aren't that good looking. Air maxes are good looking, but just as expensive as UBs. Those new vapormax soles look like trash. Lunar Epics aren't bad, but aren't much different looking than anything Nike put out 5 years ago besides a "new" sole.

Wish Nike would retro the Flyknit trainers

As comfy as Prestos and Huraches may be after breaking in, they still don't look as good as UBs...

Not trying to get into the middle of the debate, but other than retros Nike hasn't really put out anything that great looking in a while, IMO. Retros sure, but FKR haven't changed in 5+ years. Flyknit trainers (which are dope af) are no longer made. Nike Frees are going the wrong direction as far as looks over the last few years. Huraches and Prestos aren't that good looking. Air maxes are good looking, but just as expensive as UBs. Those new vapormax soles look like trash. Lunar Epics aren't bad, but aren't much different looking than anything Nike put out 5 years ago besides a "new" sole.

But boost minions continue to buy the same model with the same colored midsole, over and over.

UBs (other than knit patterns) hasn't changed going on 4 models.

They're still unable to color boost.

And all this comfort talk...why was no one wearing brooks and new balance and the like that have been comfortable since before boost came out?

Why is no one flocking to PUMA since they have the exact same 'boost'

Why didn't anyone buy rocket or pure boost (arguably more comfortable than UB/yeezy IMO)

I don't hate adidas. I hate the people who don't buy shoes organically.

Don't toot Adidas horn when you've never owned a pair of Superstars, Stan Smith, Forum, etc and just got introduced when a certain Ego maniac went to the brand.

I can't stand boost thots...correction. I can't stand sneaker thots.

we can debate aesthetics all day, but thats personal preference. whats not great looking to you may be to someone else. i dont get why people are acting like these brands have gun to your head and are asking you to choose between one or the other. i can own huaraches AND ultraboosts and i do.

I responded directly to a dude that said "name a nike shoe more comfortable than UB or EQTs"

Last edited:

we can debate aesthetics all day, but thats personal preference. whats not great looking to you may be to someone else. I responded directly to a dude that said "name a nike shoe more comfortable than UB or EQTs"
Funny thing is they never mentioned EQT before they threw boost in it. 
laugh.gif

And this broad "comfort" talk is based on throwing on boost for a photo shoot on IG, walking in your mall, or short lengths of time.

No one from boost side of the argument bases their opinions on long term wear and the minute chance that wearers use the shoe for its intended purpose.

Back
Top Bottom