****** JORDAN RETRO 11 CONCORDS ***** DEC 23, 2011 **********

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

I think I might check out Livestock at around 7AM. Hopefully it's not too packed. But I might have a change of heart cause I'm really not tryna spend $240 lol.
I feel you, I haven't even locked my pair down, not stressing it too much if I can it's cool if not it's cool.

If anyone knows of an extra 9.5 floating around can you please let me know. My boy got screwed when FTL over pre-ordered, but some people were able to get 2-4 pre-orders through 
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
feel bad for him and others in the same boat. Extra $$ will be tossed for your help.

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by RaptorNation

Every 11 release since the 11/12 pack has been extraordinary.
Not true.
Really? Care to enlighten?
I agree with Diplo, last hectic Jordan release this side of the border was probably the Titanium xx3. I know some people were still able to get Cool Grey's a week after release. I honestly think the number of shoes in Jordan releases has decreased in Canada the past 4 years, bigger stores/malls used to get 3-4 size runs easy. But then you had dudes stashing them for 50
laugh.gif
, which Ftl and Nike wasn't liking.

Damn, I need to be living where you guys are living.
Not even the size 8's made it past day two at my store.......

Got lucky when I walked in and secured my size 8 just last week. Anyone have any issues picking shoes up after 3pm? They left a message saying I could pick it up after if I worked or lived far. I called to verify, said it was fine, but they didn't even grab my name. 

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Got lucky when I walked in and secured my size 8 just last week. Anyone have any issues picking shoes up after 3pm? They left a message saying I could pick it up after if I worked or lived far. I called to verify, said it was fine, but they didn't even grab my name. 

It should be fine to pick them up later on - just say you work through the day. I'd call back, leave your name, size, all that - better safe than sorry.They just want them picked up as soon as possible so they can be done with them.Regarding Champs stores only getting 8 pairs each, that doesn't sound right. In fact I know it's not right because certain Champs have confirmed receiving more. Maybe smaller stores on the outskirts might only receive 8 pairs. Still 8 is low for any store....not even a full size run.

Only one more sleep. Best of luck to those who haven't copped a pair yet. If you're willing to get up a little early and wait, you should have a problem getting a pair. I would love to experience the shoe hype in the T. Dot, but none of the stories near me are opening early enough for me to cop a pair before heading to work. Enjoy young fellas!

If you got a Nike ES pass, there will be pairs available I was told from an inside source/friend.

my local champs opened at 7am today.my sister got there at 5:30 and there are 20 people lined up. i guess people started to camp out before midnight. lol thats a first because usually its an easy cop here. didnt get my size this time. lol

Got the last pair Sz 11.5 from Champs Metrotown Vancouver. Went home. Got on craigslist traded with a dude from the states face to face for a 9.5 . Happy now.

Originally Posted by salembat

Square One was absolutely crazy, borderline disastrous...how were the rest of the malls?
Someone tried to break the lock on Champs' gate
eek.gif

People started lining since 2am?!?!

Square One was absolutely crazy, borderline disastrous...how were the rest of the malls?
- Heard Yorkdale was nuts
- Champs on Yonge had a line since last night
- Niketown on Bloor had a line from early this morning
- Scarborough Town was deep from last night

Haven't heard anything about Nike ES though, was told they had 30 pairs set for the floor.

Square One was absolutely crazy, borderline disastrous.
I know, that situation could of ended badly, seemed like security and management didn't know what they were doing. Security straight shafted some dudes that were there from time
30t6p3b.gif
. Glad I was able to grab a few pairs, to the white dude with the snorkel on (forgot your name) size 12-13 hopefully you were able to grab a pair.

Yorkdale was a disappointment, though the staff handled it well. #'s were handed out by security, whom announced when shoes were gone. There were like 66 pairs but 140+ people. Shoes were gone by like 6:30... I missed out.

Vaughan Mills was bad. Only 12 pairs and no sizes 8.5-11. Some people tried cutting in line, but this woman was having none of that.

Also, there won't be presales after this from Foot Lockers. I think Chi X's might be up for pre-sale, but I'm sure the Columbias won't.

laugh.gif
Why would FL stop doing pre-orders? don't tell me they want the "look" too of people lining up.

Dropped by Scarborough Town to check out the scene at 7:30am.  It was madness.  There were about +200 people there.  People were trying to cut into the line and some people who were camping out since 3am didn't even get a pair.  Champs should have easily predicted this and should have been more prepared to deal with it.  If they do truly stop pre-orders, I'm done.  Sooner or later someone is gonna get hurt and I ain't about to risk that for some kicks.  

vmills champs got to be the worst this time. heres a recap

-got there at 5am with 13 person in front of us

-manager came in at 6 telling the line there are 12 pairs, going to open up at 7 . no size 9 to 11

-ending up open at almost 8.

--royal rumble almost started when the store finally opens up and line got broken up by people that JUST arrived.

-it amazes me that the secuirty and the champs manager didn't even do anything to stop the broken line.

--manager let the first two person in line, the legit first two go in.

-all of the sudden he started to pick whoever he seems to want to let in, one bald mid age dude in running shoes shox got there WAY late at around 8 and somehow the manager picked him to go in, shady

-bunch ppl butting in while it's chaotic, saying there were with them in the line BEFORE that kinda non sense.

-the manager wouldn't even reply to ppl's inquires,

-lets look up champs' PR department and file some complains there to whoever that was there today and felt like me and my friends that were at the legit 13 to 15 spot.

ps: today's sport was even worst, ppl trying to just scare the employess into selling the pre paid pairs. it looks like they had more pairs than all the champs combined coz everyone walked out with a pair while i was there. too bad the old dude have a grudge on me there and refused my pre order every single time i walked in and ask for anything. i regard supporting them telling all my friends to buy stuff from them when they were still new. smh.

vmills was the WORST in this
i will NEVER buy anything from that location from now on.
horrible like calderon's defense.

Damn I'm hearing all these bad stories about the campouts... I went to Nike on Bloor @ 4:45 AM.. there was about 12 people in front me and my friends. Stayed outside for about 30 mins then this security guard let us wait inside in the lobby cause it was freezing. To my surprise, no one rushed in, the line stayed the exact same. I think some guy came in from another entrance and there was some controversy, but nothing big. Nike employee came around 6:30 am or so, handed out numbered wristbands and asked everyone their size, marked everything down. Around 8am there was like a line up of about 60+ going outside. Nike employee told them if they don't have a wristband, they wont be able to get a pair unless its a non-men's size, and to try other stores.. When the store opened @ 10am they let 3-4 people in at a time, employees called in our size at the door before we went in, people from the back brought it to the register so as soon as we got to the cashier everything was ready.. Compared to the stories I heard, Nike @ Bloor was really organized and not that hectic.. Props to them for organizing it well.

For the most part everything went smooth, just packed everywhere. First time this ever happened in the GTA. Seems like the issues were at VMills, STC and Square One. I personally don't see it getting this bad again, there's no other shoe in Jordan Brand's history IMO that will generate madness like this. I'm just a little annoyed if that Foot Locker pre-order info is true, because that's the best system to avoid any future problems.

^^ some footlockers are already taking pre-orders for Chi X's dropping in Jan and Cement IV's dropping in Feb... a friend of mine pre ordered both

*apologies in advance for all the crappy cell phone pics

This was the scene at Fairview (North York) Champs yesterday morning 8:15am. Heard they only got 24 pairs, nothing really too crazy here though:

Luckily I had my preorders at the Footlocker, so I was like fourth in line there.
happy.gif
 They opened at 8:25.
All but two size 7s were pre-ordered in that store, which some 6'1" dude (smartly) bought anyways.
One dude nabbed his size 8 and didn't like the PL cut and FL wouldn't let him switch, so he wanted to refund. What the eff?? Just flip em and take the extra cash! So some guy in line behind him offered to buy them off him.
laugh.gif

Got my nine pairs. NONE are for resale, gifts for the g/f, peeps, etc. (hence all those other weird sizes):

My two 10.5s that I'll be keeping:

Well on my way to "retirement", but if FL stops doing preorders that'll be sooner than planned. But I sure do want those Chicago Xs, Playoff XIIs, Columbias...

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

For the most part everything went smooth, just packed everywhere. First time this ever happened in the GTA. Seems like the issues were at VMills, STC and Square One. I personally don't see it getting this bad again, there's no other shoe in Jordan Brand's history IMO that will generate madness like this. I'm just a little annoyed if that Foot Locker pre-order info is true, because that's the best system to avoid any future problems.

I heard a Foot Locker employee directly tell that to a guy picking up his Concords. He said this will be the last time they're doing this, then he said they could do it on the Chi X's (seems like a contradiction). I'm guessing he specifically means by the time Columbias release this will be stopped. But whatever, Columbias won't generate as much interest as Concords or SJ's, probably slightly more than CG's. I think if the Grape V's ever release, we might see a problem.

damn. i didn't think the line would be that serious at fairview. that dude was not me complaining about his size 8 lol.

Back
Top Bottom