Jordan Retro 13 "He Got Game" August 4th 2018 *UPDATED*

Nah, it started around here right before the last retro around 2012/13. Before that we used to call them Black Toe 13s but.. there were a few people that would say HGG it just never caught on like that.
Sounds about right

WHen did the HGG nickname start? I’m asking those who were into shoes from 2012 and prior. I didn’t start hearing it from everyone until 2013.
Prior to the CDP in 2008, I never really heard of a nickname for these, they were just "white and black 13s". Then they were "CDP" after the 10/13 pack. It was only upon the 2013 release did I ever hear these being "black toe", or "He Got Game".

"Black Toe" isn't THAT bad IMO, but HGG? :smh:

Prior to the CDP in 2008, I never really heard of a nickname for these, they were just "white and black 13s". Then they were "CDP" after the 10/13 pack. It was only upon the 2013 release did I ever hear these being "black toe", or "He Got Game".

"Black Toe" isn't THAT bad IMO, but HGG? :smh:
I called them black toes or black and Whites in 2008 because thats what they look like. Some guy on my IG is trying to tell me everyone called these HGG from 98 til now. Lol the movie wasnt even that popular when it came out, it made less than its budget. I also doubt kids in the late 90s were calling them that. The movie was SUPER R rated and almost a p*rn flick tbh lol

Black toes or White and black!! that he got game foolishness popped up around the CDP release as someone else stated.

I called them black toes or black and Whites in 2008 because thats what they look like. Some guy on my IG is trying to tell me everyone called these HGG from 98 til now. Lol the movie wasnt even that popular when it came out, it made less than its budget. I also doubt kids in the late 90s were calling them that. The movie was SUPER R rated and almost a p*rn flick tbh lol
hes lying. few years back there was someone on here who was claiming the same ****

nobody called them that back then because they were released before the movie even came out

thats like if someone bought true blue 3’s and just recently watched im gonna git you sucka and started calling them the im gonna git you suckas

Wore these my senior year HS. Never did I ever hear the HGG reference. By anyone.

Last edited:
Space jam first nickname I remember but that of course released as a retro in 2000, not the og run.

It's technically correct as a nickname, it was actually a movie prop until they decided to actually make them for release.

Yep. Even the 2000 retro has JUMPMAN JAM on the tongue.

The He Got Game nickname was made up right before the last release. I don’t think any of us would think it would catch on but the blogs and everything called them that and it stuck :smh:

Nah, it started around here right before the last retro around 2012/13. Before that we used to call them Black Toe 13s but.. there were a few people that would say HGG it just never caught on like that.

I called them playoffs(I think if it was because of the colorway) but other than that black toes

Last edited:
Excellent point, didn't even realize that til your post.

I didn't even call concords "concords" back then, they were just "white and black 11s" :lol:
Concords caught on after release but that’s a proper nickname since its part of the color code, same as with the taxi 12.

I called them playoffs(I think if it was because of the colorway) but other than that black toes

I never called them that because there is an actual Playoff colorway lol.

13.png

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom