Jordan Retro 13 Steel Toe vol. Bleeding

I was picking up some stuff from my storage unit and came across my steel toe 13s (I forgot that I even had these), and came across some major bleeding.  Mind you, these are DS.  DS to beater status.

I saw someone wearing a pair of these in SF a few weeks ago and their's looked exactly like the picture.

yeh they're EXTREMELY prone to bleeding. like my friend had a pair and he bought them DS, but he got em cheaper because they were bleeding like that. some people would be super mad, but personally idc... its nothing too major i guess..

This is exactly the reason why I never bothered picking these up back when they released.
sick.gif

I'm sure you'll hv no problem finding a willing buyer though.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

steel toe. you a construction worker brah?
Sorry Mr. Proper Name Jordan Brand Police.  I meant "GREY TOE".  I'll now go hang my head and put myself in the proverbial Jordan Brand time out.  This will not happen again, I promise.

Yeah, I've never seen this colorway NOT bleed. But I beat mine up so it doesn't really bother me too much.

These are bleeders, still love my pair though. It looks much better than yellowing/greening on the V tongue.

Originally Posted by jay zoe2

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

steel toe. you a construction worker brah?
Sorry Mr. Proper Name Jordan Brand Police.  I meant "GREY TOE".  I'll now go hang my head and put myself in the proverbial Jordan Brand time out.  This will not happen again, I promise.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So what contributes to bleeding...

Is it moisture? dye used "sweating" and therefore bleeding into rubber?...

...mine were bleeding, i experimented with this dental sealnt stuff called prime dent..never seen a bleed again.
small amounts in the area slightly above the sole...probly find on ebay for like 20/30 bux.
Try at ur own risk.

The bleeding is actually the best way to spot a fake XIII since all the genuine ones bleed. It's a reaction between the glue and the red dye they used back then.

Mine look the same, never wore them either, I think it looks better this way, but mine is going on Ebay as I never liked this shoe after I bought it.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

These are bleeders, still love my pair though. It looks much better than yellowing/greening on the V tongue.
This happened to my '99 fire reds. Looked horrendous. Bleeding on this shoe however never bothered me. I just couldn't bring myself to unds them so I just sold them. 

my 06 flints had this prety bad so i went to my local joannes( a craft store) and bought an elmers paint pen,white, and painted the pods and they look amazing now

bleeding gone, just get the ultra fine tip so u can get as close to the suede as possible without touching it, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom