Jordan retro 2 Chicago low summer 2016

PROS:
IMO, aesthetically they are a masterpiece! Great lines and the faux reptile skin is badass! Definitely, a favorite of older jordanheads.
And since they are nowhere as popular as a 3, 4, 11, etc, the hypebeasts will generally avoid them so they are attainable.

CONS:
They are very comfy IF you have wide or flat feet but otherwise horrible because they offer no arch support. And after a while, the sole gets hard and slippery.
The OG's and first retros were killer but my CDP soles went bad after about a year of very light rotational use.

Hope this helps anyone unfamiliar with this specific model.

HAD TO SCOOP 'EM UP...MIGHT MESS AROUND AND DOUBLE UP ON THESE IF THEY'RE STILL AROUND AFTER THE JUNE 4TH ROUND-UP( BOTH 11 LOWS AND METALLIC NAVY 1's.). NOT SURE WHY MOST FOLKS DON'T CARE FOR THE 2's, BUT I PERSONALLY LOVE 'EM! :nthat: HOLLA...

CED B.

View media item 2040634

Last edited:
Dope *** shoe, looking to get two pairs. With past releases, just can't get myself to pay retail. Betting that these will drop to around $100, that's my price point

Last edited:
HAD TO SCOOP 'EM UP...MIGHT MESS AROUND AND DOUBLE UP ON THESE IF THEY'RE STILL AROUND AFTER THE JUNE 4TH ROUND-UP( BOTH 11 LOWS AND METALLIC NAVY 1's.). NOT SURE WHY MOST FOLKS DON'T CARE FOR THE 2's, BUT I PERSONALLY LOVE 'EM! :nthat: HOLLA...

CED B.
View media item 2040634

Likewise. 2s are too fresh -- I'm in for another pair.
Been a fiend since I first stuck this poster to my wall as a youngbuck.
View media item 2040659

I think a lot of folks are gonna sleep on these. Dropped in at Champs and asked for those, the rep said I was the first person to ask about those today.
Hope they make it to the Outlets down the line.

Will pick up a pair for now just incase all goes left.

Lol I created the thread and was all for em but passed...I want the highs

Yes sir would get em too evn if they dropped before this post lol.....my only gripe is the shade of red used but def not a deal breaker....

I think a lot of folks are gonna sleep on these. Dropped in at Champs and asked for those, the rep said I was the first person to ask about those today.
Hope they make it to the Outlets down the line.

Will pick up a pair for now just incase all goes left.

I think lots of hypebeasts who just wanna wear a shoe with a jumpman on them are skipping these and generally not so crazy about the 2s.
Most people who really want these are probably having that nostalgic feeling as they are an OG colorway whih MJ played in the NBA.

Last edited:
Got mine in from SobeSoles on Saturday but opened them today (was out of town).

I like them. Wish they had the eyelet holes cut through instead of just the tabs. Swapped in the black laces. Only flaws I noticed are a small green spot on one of the white laces and the left side of left tongue seems to have a shorter piece of elastic as it pulls to the side.

I'm content though and will be wearing them a good bit this summer.

These look great, definitely want a pair.  But with Flu Game 12s, Metallic 1s and Black Metallic 5s all dropping within two months, all of which for me are must haves, I'm hoping I can sit this one out temporarily and find them later this summer.

These look great, definitely want a pair.  But with Flu Game 12s, Metallic 1s and Black Metallic 5s all dropping within two months, all of which for me are must haves, I'm hoping I can sit this one out temporarily and find them later this summer.
Most likely will be easy to get later on for discount or at outlet. 

12's and Nike Air V's will sell out instantly. 

straight to discount, 2's are one of the least hyped up jordans ever and the fact they charge 160 for lows is just hilarious. 

Wore them yesterday for close to 12 hrs.

Comfortable on foot over a long day. Very forgiving to people with wider feet as well.

Seen these for as low as $110 on EBay and it really has me doing the **Birdman handrub**. Didn't plan on scooping these but might have to jump on it...

Seen these for as low as $110 on EBay and it really has me doing the **Birdman handrub**. Didn't plan on scooping these but might have to jump on it...

I recommend them.

I'm wearing mine again today and Iand I rarely wear the same shoe two days in a row. There's something about full length air. I know zoom was the improvement on air but to me I prefer air.

I recommend them.

I'm wearing mine again today and Iand I rarely wear the same shoe two days in a row. There's something about full length air. I know zoom was the improvement on air but to me I prefer air.

Haha don't worry. After a brief "YOLO" discussion with myself I pulled the trigger. I hate when it gets slow at work because I start internet shopping. :lol:

Haha don't worry. After a brief "YOLO" discussion with myself I pulled the trigger. I hate when it gets slow at work because I start internet shopping.
laugh.gif
I'm the same way. 
roll.gif

Haha don't worry. After a brief "YOLO" discussion with myself I pulled the trigger. I hate when it gets slow at work because I start internet shopping. 
laugh.gif
This is exactly why Amazon and sneaker sites are OFF LIMITS if I've been drinking!  
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom