Jordan retro 3 “Flyknit” February 2018

Wanna see what that triple black pair looks like.

I bet Nike just hired a whole bunch of grandmas
DD6315F2-0D98-435B-874D-F7336C9B74E3.gif

I'm interested in seeing how these turn out considering 3s are my favorite silhouette.

Easy. Just imagine those Wool 3s that dropped last year for $200 MSRP....

...Now imagine they’re made of Flyknit instead and die a little bit inside.

I know not everyone loves the fk 1s but I give Nike credit for differentiating all of the panels on the shoe and giving them the appearance of having different depths with the knit patterns they used (as opposed to the lazy mtms). If they stick to a similar formula for the 3s these might turn out ok.

Easy. Just imagine those Wool 3s that dropped last year for $200 MSRP....

...Now imagine they’re made of Flyknit instead and die a little bit inside.

If it was like the wools I'd be ok with that. Took a while to grow on me but now I honestly love the wool 3s. They look classy on feet and honestly I get tons of compliments wearing them.

I know not everyone loves the fk 1s but I give Nike credit for differentiating all of the panels on the shoe and giving them the appearance of having different depths with the knit patterns they used (as opposed to the lazy mtms). If they stick to a similar formula for the 3s these might turn out ok.

To your point though, why did they let color bleed through the black FK on the side panels of the Breds/Royals? Extremely stupid design move.

To your point though, why did they let color bleed through the black FK on the side panels of the Breds/Royals? Extremely stupid design move.
Probably like that for a reason looking at the way it’s put together might’ve had to be done that way. Anyway it don’t make or break the shoe. It’s a flyknit version not a replica why that so hard to understand?

Probably like that for a reason looking at the way it’s put together might’ve had to be done that way. Anyway it don’t make or break the shoe. It’s a flyknit version not a replica why that so hard to understand?

Because they messed up the Bred 1 CW they were trying to emulate?

If they didn’t do that then the black side panels would all blend together. They could have done something else to differentiate but I actually like what they did.

Midsole and outsole worth copping

Midsole I suspect is phylon
Flyknit with polyurethane doesn’t make sense to me

Plus midsole paint is glossy

And the outsole glowing is a selling point. But not many people care

Why cares about Area 72 Air Max Force? It has glowing outsole.

You're being difficult.

These are such a miss IMO. There all black flyknit robs the IIIs of just about everything that makes them interesting. You can see that they tried to emulate the elephant pattern in the flyknit but it just doesn't work.

I imagine these would work better if it used the White Cement as a base. White flyknit upper, with darker grey knit around the mid area with black flyknit woven throughout the darker grey for the elephant print. It would probably be harder to produce but this just doesn't work at all.

I remember the original photos showing the elephant print a bit more clearly. I remember all of the details being more pronounced than what I am seeing in pics/vids now. I will see them in person and then make a decision. They were definitely on my hype radar, not as much now. Here is TonyD's review.

I think these are fresh. Tony's video convinced me yesterday. They look fantastic on foot outside. The only thing I'm not sold on is the glossy black midsole. It takes a classy expensive look away from the flyknit and makes the shoe look cheaper to me. Not too bad though.

They look dope and looking forward to getting these.... to many jordan 3 dropped this year

Back
Top Bottom