Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

Is this bulge above the midsole, beneath the perforations normal? The shoes fit me just fine, and I haven't over-tightened the laces on the upper, I don't even use the top eyelets.

Last edited:
Very normal beedee beedee . Both my left and right shoe have done this. I personally don't think how your foot fits in relation to the shoe has anything to do with it, it's just the nature of the build of the shoe. Doesn't bother me though but I've definitely noticed it.

Very normal @beedee. Both my left and right shoe have done this. I personally don't think how your foot fits in relation to the shoe has anything to do with it, it's just the nature of the build of the shoe. Doesn't bother me though but I've definitely noticed it.
Glad to hear I'm not alone. It feels like that is where the "heel cup" or whatever it is called ends and meets the upper. It isn't the end of the world, but then again for $220 it bothers me.
That's odd looking.
Agreed.

Is this bulge above the midsole, beneath the perforations normal? The shoes fit me just fine, and I haven't over-tightened the laces on the upper, I don't even use the top eyelets.
could be when you are putting them on. Like if they are too tight and you're slamming your foot in there, or pushing your foot left to right which will bend the sides

could be when you are putting them on. Like if they are too tight and you're slamming your foot in there, or pushing your foot left to right which will bend the sides
I loosen the laces when I put them on, so there isn't really any forcing or slamming of my foot when entering the shoe.

Unfortunately I've seen many pics of the same issue with the recent white infrareds and sport blues. I don't think I wear my pairs enough for it do that yet. Although I've worn my black infras a lot without any problem so it might be that shared heel/ankle area material they use the white based vi's.

Unfortunately I've seen many pics of the same issue with the recent white infrareds and sport blues. I don't think I wear my pairs enough for it do that yet. Although I've worn my black infras a lot without any problem so it might be that shared heel/ankle area material they use the white based vi's.
it also does the same on HOF 6s

The red w/ white sole joints? Right, that one too.

The red w/ white sole joints? Right, that one too.
yea, my bad tho, i meant to say history of jordan 6s. the one with the green/neon jumpman on the lace cover. that pair does the same thing. not a biggie tho. but still annoying and shouldnt happen IMO.

I bought them from FNL and emailed FNL regarding the issue and will let you know if they reply. I plan on calling them on my way home from work. If they don't take care of me I will call up NIKE CS and see what they do. I'm not going to settle for a 20% off code. 

The only part that concerns me is the areas I highlighted on the attachment, however this issue seems to be a defect that only arises once the product has been worn.

You might be better served taking this issue up with Nike Corp. Least you'll get is a voucher for the price of the shoe if your claim is accepted. I'd see what FNL has to say first though then go that route.

I bought them from FNL and emailed FNL regarding the issue and will let you know if they reply. I plan on calling them on my way home from work. If they don't take care of me I will call up NIKE CS and see what they do. I'm not going to settle for a 20% off code. 

The only part that concerns me is the areas I highlighted on the attachment, however this issue seems to be a defect that only arises once the product has been worn.
You might be better served taking this issue up with Nike Corp. Least you'll get is a voucher for the price of the shoe if your claim is accepted. I'd see what FNL has to say first though then go that route.
Then you could purchase a new pair or 72-10 11s (off the rumored restock) or the OVO 10s.

Thanks guys. I already have a pair of 72-10's. I should also mention the tongue bled on the sock-liner, is that standard as well? I have only worn these 4 times, with the 4th being today. And casual wear at that, i.e., to my job where I sit on my *** behind a computer all day.

Thanks guys. I already have a pair of 72-10's. I should also mention the tongue bled on the sock-liner, is that standard as well? I have only worn these 4 times, with the 4th being today. And casual wear at that, i.e., to my job where I sit on my *** behind a computer all day.
yea theres been numerous reports and a few pics of the bleeding issue you have. just know you are not alone in that.

i agree with this. talk to Nike. FNL is stingy as all hell. even moreso than nike imo. youre most likely gonna get the "you are welcome to return them" line.

i agree with this. talk to Nike. FNL is stingy as all hell. even moreso than nike imo. youre most likely gonna get the "you are welcome to return them" line.

So I called FNL after work and they said the best action would be to take them to a local FNL and show them to a manager. Basically the manager will have the authority to issue or deny a refund. They also said if they do deny me I can mail them in to the FNL returns department and they will evaluate and determine what to do.

I plan on calling Nike CS on my way into work tomorrow morning and seeing what they can do.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

Last edited:
I guess cause the 6 is my fav I swear this was a legendary drop. I've seen more girls rock these than dudes wtf

Back
Top Bottom