Jordan Retro 6 "Maroon" - Dec. 5, 2015 ($220)

i agree with this. talk to Nike. FNL is stingy as all hell. even moreso than nike imo. youre most likely gonna get the "you are welcome to return them" line.
So I called FNL after work and they said the best action would be to take them to a local FNL and show them to a manager. Basically the manager will have the authority to issue or deny a refund. They also said if they do deny me I can mail them in to the FNL returns department and they will evaluate and determine what to do.

I plan on calling Nike CS on my way into work tomorrow morning and seeing what they can do.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
yo good luck with that. i hope they compensate you accordingly. keep us posted on what happens.

yo good luck with that. i hope they compensate you accordingly. keep us posted on what happens.
Thanks. No luck this morning on my drive in, the Nike CS phone-lines were jammed, I was on hold for over 20 minutes. Around noon our time I will be heading to the FNL in the mall near my work. Will update you guys after that.

Thanks. No luck this morning on my drive in, the Nike CS phone-lines were jammed, I was on hold for over 20 minutes. Around noon our time I will be heading to the FNL in the mall near my work. Will update you guys after that.
cool. i hope you run into a cool manager. the lady did say whether you get compensated depends on the manager's discretion.

So I called Nike CS and they basically just said if FNL denies me, I can send them in to Nike and they will evaluate them.

Upon entering FNL in-store I showed them my shoes and explained the situation. One worker said he had never seen that happen before and definitely was empathetic to my situation. The gal (manager?) was kind of ho-hum about it all but was cool enough to offer me a store credit, CAVEAT, I had to use it right then and there.:rolleyes She gave me some BS excuse that they were out of merchandise cards since it was so close to Christmas and they had to issue a lot of them??? Maybe it wasn't BS, but I digress.

I ended up getting 3 pairs of runners.

View media item 1896326

Last edited:
Shouldn't have taken the other shoes if you were still gonna be an issue.
My return window was running out and I didn't have much time, I think I had until next week according to FNL policy for when I purchased the 6's. 

The bigger issue for me is the fact that "they ran out of merchandise cards". But then their return policy is also F'd up in the sense that shoes must be in "unworn/new" condition in order to return them or get store credit. That leaves no room for those whom experienced defective/quality issues that I experienced. They basically say you are SOL if that happens, so I suppose one could argue that I should be happy that they exchanged the defective shoes for me.

Shouldn't have taken the other shoes if you were still gonna be an issue.

My return window was running out and I didn't have much time, I think I had until next week according to FNL policy for when I purchased the 6's. 

The bigger issue for me is the fact that "they ran out of merchandise cards". But then their return policy is also F'd up in the sense that shoes must be in "unworn/new" condition in order to return them or get store credit. That leaves no room for those whom experienced defective/quality issues that I experienced. They basically say you are SOL if that happens, so I suppose one could argue that I should be happy that they exchanged the defective shoes for me.
1. Know the stores return policy
2. I wouldn't say it's defective especially since others say it happens on other colors. It's just poor craftsmanship
3. Nike said you can get a product voucher with them

Doing the exchange then coming back for more is just dirty IMO.

Them not having gift cards is 100% BS.
Christmas was over a month ago, PLUS all stores always stock more gift cards during the holidays.

The reason they made you exchanve it on the spot is because of their sales.

If you return them and take a $220 credit..they're now down that money cause you could take that gift card and use it at a different store.

But at the same time I'm kinda surprised they let you exchange it at all..dosent seem defective to me

Last edited:
Yup. 

Like I said, I'm good and happy they exchanged. 

Thanks for everyones input.

/my participation in this thread.

a lot of ppl slept on these but my opinion these are the best cop of 2015 , alongside psny of course,, im going to cop another pair for the future,

thats why you buy 2 pair, hate to break it to ya but shoes are going to get creased...

and they got you good on that trade

2. I wouldn't say it's defective especially since others say it happens on other colors. It's just poor craftsmanship

Agreed.

I'm not trying to hate, but how is this voucher worthy? These things don't affect the performance of the shoe, it's merely a cosmetic thing. It's ugly, but par for the course.

Last edited:
I

Agreed.

I'm not trying to hate, but how is this voucher worthy? These things don't affect the performance of the shoe, it's merely a cosmetic thing. It's ugly, but par for the course.

I've seen people be lot more petty when it came to sneaks especially the Maroons. The folks who tripped over the tongue bleeding onto the interior sock liner blew my mind, but I guess that's what's to be expected when people pay $220 retail for a shoe.

At the end of the day if you're a consumer and something doesn't meet your standards I say let it be known.

I

Agreed.

I've seen people be lot more petty when it came to sneaks especially the Maroons. The folks who tripped over the tongue bleeding onto the interior sock liner blew my mind, but I guess that's what's to be expected when people pay $220 retail for a shoe.

At the end of the day if you're a consumer and something doesn't meet your standards I say let it be known.

You may have missed some things....

Mostly I would say it's buyers remorse. But in the rare case that something does bother you and you have the income to have justified the purchase in the first place, more power to you and go ahead and return. But little cracks and chips and creases people are claiming as the reson why they're returning is somewhat stupid, especially when I hear the line that for $220 it should be better. Mf use your $220 on a better product then? "For $200 more I can get balenciaga this or raf Simmons that" then go do that fam! Lol this isn't directed to anybody but dudes need to stop acting so surprised when they know the kicks were gonna have glue stains on em. JB ain't nothing new. It's the lower to median income earners living the pseudo-lavish do-it-for-IG-likes lifestyle that's taking these kicks back. You knew what the deal was famo, same song and dance every release

It's the lower to median income earners living the pseudo-lavish do-it-for-IG-likes lifestyle that's taking these kicks back. You knew what the deal was famo, same song and dance every release

Bingo.
You know what they say... Fake it 'til you make it!

I haven't got chance to wear these yet. But I always loved this shoe an was happy for its return, minus the heel paint chipping some have experienced.but over all I'm happy with them,the cream with the maroon is a nice touch,dead pool approved.View media item 1897262

Mostly I would say it's buyers remorse. But in the rare case that something does bother you and you have the income to have justified the purchase in the first place, more power to you and go ahead and return. But little cracks and chips and creases people are claiming as the reson why they're returning is somewhat stupid, especially when I hear the line that for $220 it should be better. Mf use your $220 on a better product then? "For $200 more I can get balenciaga this or raf Simmons that" then go do that fam! Lol this isn't directed to anybody but dudes need to stop acting so surprised when they know the kicks were gonna have glue stains on em. JB ain't nothing new. It's the lower to median income earners living the pseudo-lavish do-it-for-IG-likes lifestyle that's taking these kicks back. You knew what the deal was famo, same song and dance every release

This is pretty ignorant. I'm never one to complain about shape, quality, etc, but for $220 people have the right to be upset about shoes cracking after 3 wears. That's ridiculous.

Yea it's also pretty ignorant that $30 hunks of rubber and leather are sold for 8 times that amount usually upwards of $200 but you made the ignorant decision to spend your money on that purchase fully aware that craftsmanship issues run rampant within products from that company. Don't be surprised now, be smart and don't buy anymore if your sensitivity to craftsmanship issues is that high. You have like one chance since the remastered gimmick, you bought the bordeaux 7s or something and that was your moment to say never again, won't burn me twice. But then why complain about issues after spending $220 again? That's ignorant and btw it's not directed towards you, in general

Last edited:
So far in the last 5 years or so I have mostly only bought retros straight from NDC and never had an issue with any of them. My pair was pretty much flawless. I don't know how other sellers handle their stock but if it's coming from NDC it is usually proper. It's not worth the trouble to deal with FTL,FNL, etc. just to save some bucks. Nike has the best return policy and moves so much product that they could care less about a return unlike a smaller retailer. The VI is not my favorite shoe and $240 isn't cheap for what it is by any means, but I feel that a proper Nike Air release is worth the extra cash and a worthy addition to the collection. One of the reasons I think it did rather poorly was because of the maroon color. For folks that like to match, it's pretty hard not to look like a jackass wearing tons of maroon. That said I have no doubt this will be a sought after collectible shoe down the road. The popular 6s will all release with NA on the back before the end of the decade and people will want the complete set. Like most things it will be fully appreciated long after its release. I think a lot of the nitpicking with the shoe has a lot to do with its lack of exclusivity and poor resale. People tend to have buyers remorse when they feel they didn't get good value for the money. That's totally ok. There are plenty of other releases dropping that you can use the $220-240 for instead. Nike/JB are not forcing anyone to buy any of their merch.

Back
Top Bottom