Jordan Retro 6 "Sport Blue" 8.30.14 - (NO BUYING, SELLING, TRADING, or OOPS)

I'm excited about these, I'm pretty much passing on all the other VI's that are dropping because I already have them. But I defiantly need a pair of these. Can't wait.

Ohhhh yeah. Let the countdown on my calendar begin. (I know there is not a release date, but I will still put an X through everyday because that will just mean a day closer until release date) :nerd: :smokin :smokin

Ohhhh yeah. Let the countdown on my calendar begin. (I know there is not a release date, but I will still put an X through everyday because that will just mean a day closer until release date) :nerd: :smokin :smokin

Lol I like your thinking, it's a nice way to think of it really.

I might just cop early, because I'm thinking the shenanigans will be gully over these.  I'm getting too old for drama over kicks.

I might just cop early, because I'm thinking the shenanigans will be gully over these.  I'm getting too old for drama over kicks.

I myself have contemplated getting kicks that I know are limited/in high demand and that I really like early as long as they are at or below $300. Because investing all this time and getting your hopes up over a shoe to only come up empty handed is a horrible feeling in my opinion.

Last edited:
Here we go nitpicking colors again

I'm getting these regardless of what color blue

Here we go nitpicking colors again

I'm getting these regardless of what color blue

Lol, you hit the nail on point with that comment. I don't think JB can really mess up and all white with blue shoe. Same thing if they replaced the blue with black or with grey, in a men's size it just seems impossible to look bad. Now red can easily look bright pink or orange so I can understand, but not blue.

nah, they should attempt a proper retro with correct color-blocking

The color will never be like the OG's

It's always going to be slightly off, because you're trying to duplicate a color from 20 years ago.

I'd rather have good quality leather than nitpicking shades of blue that look the same from five feet away.

Last edited:
I'm kinda glad I'm not an OG guy, I'd personally go with quality and a good looking color. I understand that OG colorway's are classic's and if you're retroing a shoe you should stick as close as possible to the original, but a lot of the OG heads won't give new colorway's that in my opinion are dope a chance like the Infrared 23 Retro 3's for example, but that's just my two cents to each their own

I'm and OG dude, but I understand that Jordan was with Nike and there wasn't a Jordan Brand. So with Jordan Brand you won't get the exact same shoes. It's not the same people in the same factories, using the exact materials. So I'm glad Jordan making retros and making OG color ways and new colors on retro models.

I'm and OG dude, but I understand that Jordan was with Nike and there wasn't a Jordan Brand. So with Jordan Brand you won't get the exact same shoes. It's not the same people in the same factories, using the exact materials. So I'm glad Jordan making retros and making OG color ways and new colors on retro models.

Nvr thought of it like that, food for thought

Last edited:
eh, but its 90-95% true to form for the OG 

that is enough for me

The color will never be like the OG's

It's always going to be slightly off, because you're trying to duplicate a color from 20 years ago.

I'd rather have good quality leather than nitpicking shades of blue that look the same from five feet away.

but we are NEVER getting good quality leather :lol:

even the tumble leather JB produces is bad

these were one of the first jordans i ever bought. it was christmas time and they were on sale for 99 bucks along with the carmines. we were poor but i begged mom to get um and she did.

i might just buy them and not wear them. thats how bad the leather is...

Then you would look elsewhere

What I meant was that I wouldn't be sitting her saying pass on a good quality shoe just because it isn't the perfect shade of blue from back in the day. I understand JB will probably never produce high quality shoe's even though they aren't cheap, but I'd rather get a dope looking shoe instead of limiting myself in box of what shoe's I will and won't get. The OG's are classic's, I love them, and will always draw my attention and money before most new colorway shoe's but I wouldn't skip out on a certain shoe just because it isn't the same color as the original especially if the off color still makes for a dope colorway on the classic shoe.

Nvr thought of it like that, food for thought
Brand Jordan launched in late 1997, they had no problem with making accurate Nike Air Jordan retros from 99-01.

They are FULLY CAPABLE of making them accurate in 2014, they just don't have to.

Jordan is, always was, and always will be Nike.

/education

Last edited:
Brand Jordan launched in late 1997, they had no problem with making accurate Nike Air Jordan retros from 99-01.

They are FULLY CAPABLE of making them accurate in 2014, they just don't have to.

/education
I agree with 99-01, but Brand Jordan is Brand Jordan, since Nike has no control over anything with Jordan name on it, it's not Nike but a brand that works closely with Nike
/education

But it would be nice if Jordan would have stayed Nike cause I don't think they would let poor quality shoes be released and more pairs would be released

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the original Sport Blue release in the summer of 1991?
I remember getting them literally a week before school started my 8th grade year.
That woulda made it an August drop.
Could we see these in August 2014?
:nerd:

I agree with 99-01, but Brand Jordan is Brand Jordan, since Nike has no control over anything with Jordan name on it, it's not Nike but a brand that works closely with Nike
/education

But it would be nice if Jordan would have stayed Nike cause I don't think they would let poor quality shoes be released and more pairs would be released

what on earth are you talking about? :lol:

i hope you are being sarcastic...

Last edited:

/education
/education

I used to work at finishline when I was in school, there was no evidence of a "brand Jordan". all Jordan's went in the "Nike basketball" department, everything listed on the the inventory manifest was as "Nike USA".
not to mention they use Nike's designers, technology, and factories.

Back
Top Bottom