Jordan Retro 8 "3 Peat" - October 2015

If your a fan of the Chrome 8's more power to you lol buy like I said I own a pair currently and there ultra basic imo I remember I was felt like the Chrome 8's where watered down Aquas but I own all three pairs so really makes me no difference. I may pick up the Aquas on Black Friday but those Chrome nah one pair of them is more than enough.

Since I keep hearing of crap leather I decided to pass, but then still try to cop them from my local buying and selling sneakers facebook group. 

I purchased the status 9s on release date, still haven't worn them, but just a few weeks ago I saw a dude on facebook had a pair worn once for $150 and they had no flaws/pads. I was like dang, I should have just waited, bought from the group, and saved 50 bucks lol.

So many cats just buy the shoes, wear them once and resell.  That's why I never buy from resellers if I miss out.  There's always a way to get them locally through facebook after the hype dies down, or even just a week or two later. 

What's you think of the statue 9's from a quality standpoint disciple?

What's you think of the statue 9's from a quality standpoint disciple?
the craftsmanship is fine. but here's the thing.  I wanted them since I seen the colorway even though most didn't like them.  So I went online, DJ Delz on youtube said the leather quality was nice, so I was like oh snap.  I went to the mall release day morning because I knew they were gonna sit, and when I got there the leather was crap.... Very similar to Photo Blue 9s, and Slim Jenkins.  Not a fan of that leather at all.  I actually despise it because it doesnt even crease. It wrinkles.  Got rid of my Bugs Bunny 8s, and Fire Red 5s, because of that plastic bottle feeling crap!!!!

I ended up buying them anyways, even though I was like wtf? But 200 bucks is too much money when they feel so cheap, so that's the last time I'll ever do that unless its under retail or something. 

Since we're on the subject of 9's and leather quality....

These have good leather quality!!! Soft, buttery, tumbled awesomeness. 

Last edited:
the craftsmanship is fine. but here's the thing.  I wanted them since I seen the colorway even though most didn't like them.  So I went online, DJ Delz on youtube said the leather quality was nice, so I was like oh snap.  I went to the mall release day morning because I knew they were gonna sit, and when I got there the leather was crap.... Very similar to Photo Blue 9s, and Slim Jenkins.  Not a fan of that leather at all.  I actually despise it because it doesnt even crease. It wrinkles.  Got rid of my Bugs Bunny 8s, and Fire Red 5s, because of that plastic bottle feeling crap!!!!

I ended up buying them anyways, even though I was like wtf? But 200 bucks is too much money when they feel so cheap, so that's the last time I'll ever do that unless its under retail or something. 

Since we're on the subject of 9's and leather quality....
View media item 1760741
These have good leather quality!!! Soft, buttery, tumbled awesomeness. 

Well I definitely would say these are very similar to the statue 9's from a quality standpoint.... They may be ever so slight more supple around the toe box but I'd have to refresh my memory... But like you I copped statue cause I liked the color blocking, same with theses shoes ... Colorway is priority filled by materials... Etc.. Etc....no those 9's you picture I've never held so I won't comment on but they're from the 02-05 era I think since they're in a face box... The quality was higher back then... We can all agree on that... But man I say you cop these shoes you know you like them [emoji]128513[/emoji]

GOOD TO SEE DUDES GETTING WHAT THEY WANT.. I LIKE THESE BUT IM SLOWING DOWN ON KICKS AND THE CASH ISNT THERE SO I WONT BE COPPING

Well I definitely would say these are very similar to the statue 9's from a quality standpoint.... They may be ever so slight more supple around the toe box but I'd have to refresh my memory... But like you I copped statue cause I liked the color blocking, same with theses shoes ... Colorway is priority filled by materials... Etc.. Etc....no those 9's you picture I've never held so I won't comment on but they're from the 02-05 era I think since they're in a face box... The quality was higher back then... We can all agree on that... But man I say you cop these shoes you know you like them [emoji]128513[/emoji]
Actually the Anniversary 9s were from 2010

Don't believe that everything after 2005 had bad quality, because that's simply not the case.  There's been a lot of exceptions to that belief. 

These 1's from 2007 have really nice material. 

Quality on these 6's from 2010 was really nice

These oreo 6s were acceptable quality wise. Suede could have been better, like the suede on the Lakers, but still nice. 

These from 2007 that I mentioned earlier.  These have the nicest leather out of any white 8 that I've ever owned. Even better than 2003 Bugs Bunnys.

2010 Pure Money 3s are nice too, not as nice as the 2007 pair, but still acceptable. 

I could keep going, but I'll stop there.  PS. They stopped the face box 04-05, then moved to the anniversary box in 2005 like the Neutral Grey 13s and Original Grey Toe 13s had.

Last edited:
Actually the Anniversary 9s were from 2010

Don't believe that everything after 2005 had bad quality, because that's simply not the case.  There's been a lot of exceptions to that belief. 

View media item 1760790
These 1's from 2007 have really nice material. 

View media item 1760792
Quality on these 6's from 2010 was really nice

View media item 1760795
These oreo 6s were acceptable quality wise. Suede could have been better, like the suede on the Lakers, but still nice. View media item 1760801
These from 2007 that I mentioned earlier.  These have the nicest leather out of any white 8 that I've ever owned. Even better than 2003 Bugs Bunnys.
View media item 1760806
2010 Pure Money 3s are nice too, not as nice as the 2007 pair, but still acceptable. 

I could keep going, but I'll stop there.  PS. They stopped the face box 04-05, then moved to the anniversary box in 2005 like the Neutral Grey 13s and Original Grey Toe 13s had.
 View media item 1760813

Ok those pure money 3's and the grey and white 13's I actually own ... The leather on those 07 pure money 3's was not that outstanding .., and I don't remember those 13's blowing my mind I'll check for sure tho when I get home.... You have me intrigued lol... Plus I enjoy talking kicks

Ok those pure money 3's and the grey and white 13's I actually own ... The leather on those 07 pure money 3's was not that outstanding .., and I don't remember those 13's blowing my mind I'll check for sure tho when I get home.... You have me intrigued lol... Plus I enjoy talking kicks
Toe box leather on the Neutral Grey 13s could have been better. But overall it was good.  I didnt say it was outstanding on the pure moneys, but it was good enough to actually be considered leather.  Unlike the most recent Fire Red 5s, any of the latest 9s, most recent Bugs Bunny 8s, Sport Blue 6s, White Infrared 6s, etc... all those had cheap material that is more like plastic or vinyl than leather. 

That's what I was getting at.  That's why I wrote "acceptable"  

Sure it was nothing mind blowing, but it was unlike a lot of the releases where you look at the shoe like what the hell is this? lol

If your a fan of the Chrome 8's more power to you lol buy like I said I own a pair currently and there ultra basic imo I remember I was felt like the Chrome 8's where watered down Aquas but I own all three pairs so really makes me no difference. I may pick up the Aquas on Black Friday but those Chrome nah one pair of them is more than enough.

the black chrome 8's are a true classic. one of the few retro plus colorways that truly could have been an og colorway if loud colors werent still popular at the time

chrome 8 are straight flawless and can be worn with anything. the colorway is just too ill.

i shall not let you throw shade at a true classic by saying these things released today are better lol

Looks like these are sitting, hopefully the Sweater 7s will do the same.  Also they had these at the NBA Store I see.

these are growing on me. initially i said i'd pass. i wanna cop bc they look good to me, but then alot of times it'll wear off after i rock em once or twice then they sit and i never wear them again. kinda like anthracite 9s, but these look better. i knew the leather was gonna be bad tho. might just fall back like i originally planned. guess we'll see when i see em in person.

Toe box leather on the Neutral Grey 13s could have been better. But overall it was good.  I didnt say it was outstanding on the pure moneys, but it was good enough to actually be considered leather.  Unlike the most recent Fire Red 5s, any of the latest 9s, most recent Bugs Bunny 8s, Sport Blue 6s, White Infrared 6s, etc... all those had cheap material that is more like plastic or vinyl than leather. 

That's what I was getting at.  That's why I wrote "acceptable"  

Sure it was nothing mind blowing, but it was unlike a lot of the releases where you look at the shoe like what the hell is this? lol

Lol I finally made it home and you are right the pure money threes are slightly higher quality than these three peat 8's... Same hold true for the Unc/ neutral grey 13
View media item 1760979

the black chrome 8's are a true classic. one of the few retro plus colorways that truly could have been an og colorway if loud colors werent still popular at the time

chrome 8 are straight flawless and can be worn with anything. the colorway is just too ill.

i shall not let you throw shade at a true classic by saying these things released today are better lol

:lol: ok you win

Last edited:
I might need to see these in person. I forgot I still have that gift certificate from FNL, which I think I can use with a reward.

How I feel

Back
Top Bottom