Jordan Retro Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess now I know why so many people were selling Cool Grey's and Concord's reasonably lately. On question though. Where do you guys see the price of used pairs going after this restock?

I just bought a DS pair of size 13 concords for $350 that was newly listed. All other listings are in the $380 up to $500 range. I got lucky.

nike provides us explanations too and we all know they are wrong and inaccurate. they are trained to give certain explainations and the fact that they can explain to you that they see your attempted orders simply means they are logging issues.

they are basically saying, they have a switch they flip that enables some reseller/fraud algorithm that goes on for however long they want it to go on for and that these individuals that are flagged are free to still use their credit cards once the algorithm is deactivated.

... riiiight.

also, there are members in here that have said they made attempts on their cards more than 2-3 time and eventually got through. tie that into the fact that people were backdooring their way in, it makes perfect sense that the credit card authorization system could be overloaded and logging the failed attempts.
What they're saying is true though. It's not a switch but a web application that does all the verification on every order placed. This is all done though their CC fraud algorithm's and has nothing to do with any type of human intervention. That's why FNL can't unflag you when you call them.

The method behind the madness is that the 30 day flag is a way for FNL to figure out if it's really fraud or not. Which is why the flag times may be different (2-30 days).

The IP address could also be flagged as well, I wish I knew the parameters.

I can't stand finishline, because I never have any "luck" copping through them.

Euro sites > USA sites

And it ain't even close.

I used my sister CC for my second pair of breds. I had her create a FNL account and all. Her card was declined with some kind of error. FNL didnt approve it until after she called her bank about the transaction not going thru...

Half the time it's your bank stopping the transaction(s).

Same thing happend to me when I copped the WCIV's last year. I copped from END during their release time. The next day when I tried to cop from NDC, I was declined. Called my bank the next day to find that they put a hold on my account....

FOR THOSE WHO COULDN'T COP, TRY CALLING YOUR BACK BEFORE RELEASE(S) TO PREVENT HOLDS

It was finishlines fault.. We weren't getting flagged.. I couldn't even submit the order it was sending me back steps for no reason.. Dead issue dead issue dead issue.. Same as when a site crashes.. It crashed in a different way.. This is a sneaker thread not a programming thread who gives a _____. So is that all the restock rumors or what? Some guy was saying Friday or Saturday.. No validity?

nike provides us explanations too and we all know they are wrong and inaccurate. they are trained to give certain explainations and the fact that they can explain to you that they see your attempted orders simply means they are logging issues.

they are basically saying, they have a switch they flip that enables some reseller/fraud algorithm that goes on for however long they want it to go on for and that these individuals that are flagged are free to still use their credit cards once the algorithm is deactivated.

... riiiight.

also, there are members in here that have said they made attempts on their cards more than 2-3 time and eventually got through. tie that into the fact that people were backdooring their way in, it makes perfect sense that the credit card authorization system could be overloaded and logging the failed attempts.

What they're saying is true though. It's not a switch but a web application that does all the verification on every order placed. This is all done though their CC fraud algorithm's and has nothing to do with any type of human intervention. That's why FNL can't unflag you when you call them.

The method behind the madness is that the 30 day flag is a way for FNL to figure out if it's really fraud or not. Which is why the flag times may be different (2-30 days).

The IP address could also be flagged as well, I wish I knew the parameters.

and this theory is what im telling you isnt holding up. right after the "SOLD OUT" tweet went out, i ordered some shoes with THE SAME CARD AND ACCOUNT that had been declined all morning and everything was nice and peachy. Someone else order a pair of the black/blue 9s. If there is no human intervention then my order and dudes order would have had the same issues.

People have also stated that used different computers and other stuff which disproves what FNL is telling people. Its no way that a person's card doesnt work for alternating releases based on a freaking flag in their system. Its either you are in or you are out. Software doesnt do sometimes unless something is wrong.

BullsInDa90s - you not hearing me man. the address had never been used before. my mom dont buy stuff from finishline. i have never used that paypal before with finishline.

i write software for a living. the theory they are giving you makes absolutely no sense considering whomever was unsuccessul this morning can go into the site right now and order whatever they want. that shows they were having a technical issue not that they are blocking people due to some verification.

Yeah its more to the story because i failed like 9+ attempts with my paypal, debit, and credit card with 88s WED. Then on friday seen some XIs on site and tried to place an order with my debit first and then with paypal but came with error screens. Then i called them and they told me I WASN'T flagged and placed an order for me over the phone. WEIRD and wasn't like the site was being hammered.

Also, if they are blocking/flagging people from ordering from their site they should be more transparent with their rules.

and this theory is what im telling you isnt holding up. right after the "SOLD OUT" tweet went out, i ordered some shoes with THE SAME CARD AND ACCOUNT that had been declined all morning and everything was nice and peachy. Someone else order a pair of the black/blue 9s. If there is no human intervention then my order and dudes order would have had the same issues.

People have also stated that used different computers and other stuff which disproves what FNL is telling people. Its no way that a person's card doesnt work for alternating releases based on a freaking flag in their system. Its either you are in or you are out. Software doesnt do sometimes unless something is wrong.
I know it's been a frustrating day man but there's one point I think you might be missing with this "flagging".. just trying to clarify it here..

They are only preventing people that are "flagged" from buying certain Jordan's, not all. Which is why you saw that guy checkout with the photo IX's and you were able to make a purchase. FNL explained this in there blog post:
  • I buy from Finishline.com all the time, but can never buy the Jordan releases due to checkout errors. Why?
    1. Finishline.com has a fraud protection system that checks to make sure any flagged accounts are not fraudulant purchases. This method can take a few days to complete. Since the Jordans will sell out within a day the system automatically rejects any accounts flagged as potential fraud. We recommend contacting your financial institution to confirm your account information in order to resolve the issue.  In the meantime try the eGift card method in our tips above.
The above only pertains to certain items (the items that are predicted to sellout the SAME DAY).. not ALL. As you can see the question on the blog specifically addresses this topic (the person can purchase EVERYTHING except Jordan releases)

http://blog.finishline.com/2013/02/06/helpful-tips-for-buying-jordans-on-finishline-com/

Like I said, my account has been "flagged" since the 2/6 and I was able to buy the restocks, other items, etc.. Just not these.

Last edited:
BullsInDa90s - you arent getting it man. this magic flag has you going for sure.

wouldnt that mean that people that are flagged for certain jordans should miss out on all of these certain jordans and not every other one?
a flagged person would miss the 88 cements, XIs, XIIIs, etc BUT THEY ARENT. its sometimey.

flags just coming out of nowhere and stuff. a magic application that determines who can and cannot process transactions. sounds real legit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom