Jordan Retro Restocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Companies don't keep large quantities of $100 stock for 3 years just to lay out a surprise. The oldest release date on any of these restocks in the past month was Dec 2011. 14 months. They aren't going to have CG XI (26 months) or Space Jams (38 months). They hung onto the Concords specifically for their own marketing purposes and I'm sure they have seen benefits from the added PR and traffic on their site.

And some of you are confusing "they". FNL and other retailers don't get surprise small shipments from Nike to drop 3 year old product that sold out instantly from them on day one. That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Companies don't keep large quantities of $100 stock for 3 years just to lay out a surprise. The oldest release date on any of these restocks has in the past month was Dec 2011. 14 months. They aren't going to have CG XI (26 months) or Space Jams (38 months). They hung onto the Concords specifically for their own marketing purposes and I'm sure they have seen benefits from the added PR and traffic on their site.

And some of you are confusing "they". FNL and other retailers don't get surprise small shipments from Nike to drop 3 year old product that sold out instantly from them on day one. That's ridiculous.
uhhhh

Companies don't keep large quantities of $100 stock for 3 years just to lay out a surprise. The oldest release date on any of these restocks in the past month was Dec 2011. 14 months. They aren't going to have CG XI (26 months) or Space Jams (38 months). They hung onto the Concords specifically for their own marketing purposes and I'm sure they have seen benefits from the added PR and traffic on their site.

Well, MJ turned 50 today, you think they haven't known that was going to happen before today. Also why do people act like more shoes can't be ordered into production. It doesn't have to be a surprise, just a secret.

Those secrets don't keep. We knew what the surprises were supposedly and even those didn't pan out. No major Olive restock, we got the BReds earlier last week. Putting stuff into production hits the supply chain and Asian black market. We would have heard about it from Nike sources or from China already if they were doing more runs for today. Secrets like this just don't go unnoticed and Nike typically doesn't do this. Retailers like FNL do restocks to move their remaining inventory and as we've seen recently create free PR for themselves. FNL blew their load last week and has such poor inventory systems they probably couldn't even put one together today if they tried following the last one.

Last edited:
Well, MJ turned 50 today, you think they haven't known that was going to happen before today. Also why do people act like more shoes can't be ordered into production. It doesn't have to be a surprise, just a secret.

I will admit that that the only industry that is hush--hush is the military/defense. Any "surprise" info would have leaked by now. However, I'm just as pumped as the next guy about the possibility of an epic restock. 8)

I will admit that that the only industry that is hush--hush is the military/defense. Any "surprise" info would have leaked by now. However, I'm just as pumped as the next guy about the possibility of an epic restock.
glasses.gif
Yeah im pumped too but I think it's very wishful thinking. 

Those secrets don't keep. We knew what the surprised were supposedly and even those didn't pan out. No major Olive restock, we got the BReds earlier last week. Putting stuff into production hits the supply chain and Asian black market. We would have heard about it from Nike sources or from China already if they were doing more runs for today. Secrets like this just don't go unnoticed and Nike typically doesn't do this. Retailers like FNL do restocks to move their remaining inventory and as we've seen recently create free PR for themselves. FNL blew their load last week and has such poor inventory systems they probably couldn't even put one together today if they tried following the last one.
Understandable, I was just trying to kill the "miracle" type vibe that is starting to surround these re-releases and restocks. This is not of that nature this is business. I just bought some Lightning XVII's for below original retail so, I feel just as good as if they would have pull one out the bag.

Well I ain't see no epic restocks, will check again at 12 maybe these b*tch ***** employees will try to do it the old fashioned way 

FNL was suppose to open x amount stores in 2012 and top of this yr.. only maybe 10 of those original 50 stores are going to open now...that was why you saw those restocks like you did..alot of that **** was allocated for the new store openings and when they fell through. that stock got reallocated to their main warehouse 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom