Jordan Retro VI "Cigar/Champagne" Championship Pack

I'm going to try to cop both. 5 years down the road people will wish they did the same. That's my thinking. Collectors items.
collectors items until JB comes along and retros it and makes it a super GR 
roll.gif
roll.gif

Congrats to him for getting his but jeez he rocks em like a dork lol and y wear 1 side each?? That just looks dumb. No hate but the way he's wearin em just looks awkward. Looks like a hype beast move. Btw these drop the same day as the cement XI lows. It's gonna b madness in the streets that day lol

Im pass
too much going on now nike
kobe gold elites, jordan 2, and 11 low and im good. Till july lol

i like the cigars, but for 250??.. NAAHH IM GOOD, I dont like em that much ill just cop the 11 lows and call it a day 

Anything with the word "limited" attached to it isn't going for retail in 10 years
They said the same thing about baseball cards...look at them now.

Were in the middle of the "shoe bubble". It'll eventually pop. I can see a lot of "limited" kicks that sell for crazy money now be worth 1/4 of their market price in 10 years. Unless you find a crazy collector (who probably would already have found it in that 10 year time), or be a true OG CW that was limited (Bred/Royal 1s for example) they'll probably not go for what they go for now.

Can't gauge a market 10 years from now. Especially with what's "in". 2024 might be the age of the clog. Eh...

Moral of the story....wear your kicks and don't worry about their value.

Regardless of hype or availability, these are still mediocre at best color ways.

I wasn't excited when pics first surfaced, and after detailed pics and on feet shots, I'm still not satisfied.

Easy pass for me.

Sadly the hype got me.. I don't wanna miss out on them now and regret it afterwards and the price is 500 and up... Not a huge fan of either colorway, I do think the cigar is one that can be pulled off ....

They said the same thing about baseball cards...look at them now.

Were in the middle of the "shoe bubble". It'll eventually pop. I can see a lot of "limited" kicks that sell for crazy money now be worth 1/4 of their market price in 10 years. Unless you find a crazy collector (who probably would already have found it in that 10 year time), or be a true OG CW that was limited (Bred/Royal 1s for example) they'll probably not go for what they go for now.

Can't gauge a market 10 years from now. Especially with what's "in". 2024 might be the age of the clog. Eh...

Moral of the story....wear your kicks and don't worry about their value.
Believe it or not, there is still a market for sports card collectors. It's just catered more towards high end adult collectors instead of kids like it was in the past. A quick search on eBay will show you that there is indeed money to be made in that hobby. The highest valued cards will usually have low serial numbers with autographs/jersey relics. Similar to how the highest valued sneakers are usually limited in production numbers.

The "shoe bubble" is not going pop any time soon. If anything when Jordan's stop selling they will rely on lebron retros. Nike is miles ahead and other brands have been stepping up

The "shoe bubble" is not going pop any time soon. If anything when Jordan's stop selling they will rely on lebron retros. Nike is miles ahead and other brands have been stepping up
Any references to bubbles are about the resale market and not retail.  Jordans will always sell but will you and should you be able to get double retail post release is another question entirely.  Bubble bursting will soon happen and all the highly inflated secondary market values will correct to numbers that are closer to reality.  I'm not talking about shoes that are too far gone like yeezys but theres no reason some Jordan grs should command anything more than retail when resold.

The pic below is from sneakercon in chicago this past weekend, even though I didn't go I was told that pretty much 30-35% of the people in attendance don't even wear Nikes/Jordans and were just strictly resellers capitalizing of how ridiculous resell prices have gotten in the last couple years.  There are a lot of people buying every release with no intention of ever wearing the shoes, eventually those shoes have to be sold.  When the old lady in the pic realizes she can't move those tampon foams for resale let alone retail maybe she'll stop trying to flip shoes and eventually demand will come down.

Any references to bubbles are about the resale market and not retail.  Jordans will always sell but will you and should you be able to get double retail post release is another question entirely.  Bubble bursting will soon happen and all the highly inflated secondary market values will correct to numbers that are closer to reality.  I'm not talking about shoes that are too far gone like yeezys but theres no reason some Jordan grs should command anything more than retail when resold.

The pic below is from sneakercon in chicago this past weekend, even though I didn't go I was told that pretty much 30-35% of the people in attendance don't even wear Nikes/Jordans and were just strictly resellers capitalizing of how ridiculous resell prices have gotten in the last couple years.  There are a lot of people buying every release with no intention of ever wearing the shoes, eventually those shoes have to be sold.  When the old lady in the pic realizes she can't move those tampon foams for resale let alone retail maybe she'll stop trying to flip shoes and eventually demand will come down.

View media item 978431

Lmao I was there and there was definitely a lot of older older people, but they were mostly parents to young teens. Majority of people there were young kids just trying to flip/trade everything and anything.

The shoe bubble will pop eventually. Most Jordan releases sell out pretty quickly. It won't always be like that.

Back
Top Bottom