Jordan rocking non-Jordans!!

Does anyone know the story of this pic? It just seems weird to see MJ in non-jordan kicks...
eyes.gif

067265a60bfc9bf6c676d0da34ce00e94fac0ccb_r.jpg

he borrowed them, but i forget the reason. i remember reading about it here on nt. you'll get your answer.

Originally Posted by beansietime

Someone stole his shoes so he borrowed a pair of Penny Hardaway's Flight Ones.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

He wore them because the concords were violating the uniforms rule.

95 Playoffs, the NBA was fining him for wearing the concords and I guess Nike wasn't willing to pay it this time around so he started wearing these to not get hit with uniform rule violation.

I honestly was expecting to come in and see him in Converse.

michael-jordan-kicks-retrospective-north-carolina-main.jpg

I can't remember points from that season, but Orlando eliminated the Bulls from the playoffs.

Taken from this post: Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Once the Bulls entered the2nd round against the Magic, MJ was given a test pair ofwhite/black/concord XI's. As the story goes, Tinker Hatfield pleadedwith MJ to not wear the shoes as they were only a test pair. MJcouldn't resist and wore them anyways. He wore them for a few games butwas warned by the league to switch back to a primarily black shoe sincethe Bulls wore primarily black shoes. deja vu?
jikk14.jpg

MJthen broke out a pair of Penny Hardway's Air Flight Ones for one game.Rumor has it that MJ borrowed a pair from Penny's personal stash butcut off the heel tab that had Penny's #1 on it.

2le0znb.jpg

Forthe remaining games of the Magic series, MJ sported the infamous SpaceJams. (Technically they were just the black/white XI's since the moviehadn't come out yet)
314p0tl.jpg

34dlzlt.jpg

2agw0b4.jpg

Originally Posted by beansietime

Someone stole his shoes so he borrowed a pair of Penny Hardaway's Flight Ones.

You're prob referring to the #12 jersey.

Nick Anderson made a crack about Jordan playing like he was a 45 year old in game 1, and by the time game 2 rolled around the Bulls had reinstated his number and let him switch back to 23.

Does this have to be just pictures of him playing? There are some dope photos of MJ casually wearing trainers and other classics. He really held down the brand.

Lol. Guess someone is a newbie
With jordan wearing kicks on court.
Nobody stole his kicks but the nba
Fined him for waering the concords
As the rest of his teammates wore
Black kicks in the playoffs.
so in game 3 he wore some penny
nikes and got the spacejams
From game 4 to 6 but also with
The #45 on the heel.

I Always wondered why he didn't just play in the shadow X he wore in round 1 in that game while his "space jams " were being made, doesn't seem like Mj to wear some one else's sneakers especially because at the time penny was a young emerging superstar who was looking to knock a rusty Mj off the throne . Oh yeah and as for the jersey switch mid series I'm pretty sure the NBA fined him $5k the first game $10k the next game and threatened to go as high as $20k if he didn't stop , maybe that's why he let Orlando eliminate the bulls that year
wink.gif

Originally Posted by mints

Nick Anderson made a crack about Jordan playing like he was a 45 year old in game 1, and by the time game 2 rolled around the Bulls had reinstated his number and let him switch back to 23.

Actually Nick Anderson said that Jordan was a better player in #23 instead of #45 because he was still rusty and it showed in the series and he changed his number to #23 during the series. But he had to pay to get the #23 back because the jersey was already retired by then although it was his jersey.

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

I Always wondered why he didn't just play in the shadow X he wore in round 1 in that game while his "space jams " were being made, doesn't seem like Mj to wear some one else's sneakers especially because at the time penny was a young emerging superstar who was looking to knock a rusty Mj off the throne . Oh yeah and as for the jersey switch mid series I'm pretty sure the NBA fined him $5k the first game $10k the next game and threatened to go as high as $20k if he didn't stop , maybe that's why he let Orlando eliminate the bulls that year
wink.gif
MJ didn't wear the Shadow X's because like most others even MJ didn't like them!
roll.gif

Stragely enough I have a pair? 

Back
Top Bottom