Jordan Spizike will make its way to NIKE ID news via GRoc TSG

The shade of the green really bugged me, so I returned them. It's not neon or bright or anything that would pass for glow-in-the-dark as it seemed on the Nike ID website. The green is barely even translucent like it is advertised to be. Also, the "infrared" is straight up hot pink, but that didn't bother me at all. The green just wasn't happening for me given my theme. It looks DOPE on the dunkmans on the previous page. But if I'm spending $220+ or whatever they ran me after tax, I wanted them to be perfect.

one more comment on the dunkman spizikes: the divide between the rendering on the nikeid site and the actual finished project is huge. i'd give the former a 2 and the latter a 10. nike needs to do a better job of matching their pictures to what the shoes actually come out as. for example, i tried some yeezy themed spizikes, and the green did not match the green on the nikeid site at all...had to return them

You know this is impossible to get exact due to the various display options and settings on people's monitors, right?

I mean, unless they give to pantones or RGB numbers, there's always going to go some difference in appearance on screen and in-person.

The thing is, a lot of the times the colors they use on the ID site are colors that are commonly used in general Nike releases at the time (or recently). So, the best way to get an accurate look at the color is to find other shoes that use the same color and view them in person.

one more comment on the dunkman spizikes: the divide between the rendering on the nikeid site and the actual finished project is huge. i'd give the former a 2 and the latter a 10. nike needs to do a better job of matching their pictures to what the shoes actually come out as. for example, i tried some yeezy themed spizikes, and the green did not match the green on the nikeid site at all...had to return them

You know this is impossible to get exact due to the various display options and settings on people's monitors, right?

I mean, unless they give to pantones or RGB numbers, there's always going to go some difference in appearance on screen and in-person.

The thing is, a lot of the times the colors they use on the ID site are colors that are commonly used in general Nike releases at the time (or recently). So, the best way to get an accurate look at the color is to find other shoes that use the same color and view them in person.

If they use a computer to render the shoes, yes. But, if they actually produce a lot of these shoes with all of the colors on the given materials, and use various photoshop-esque techniques, they can do a much better job than they currently do. If you follow Nike ID on facebook, you'll see that they half-attempt to do this already. They produce a handful of ID shoes and take pictures of them to demonstrate what they look like when they're made. The disconnect is obviously there between the computer renderings and the finished products. My point--which I wish I didn't have to spell out--is that Nike should do a lot more of this: produce more shoes, take more pictures, upgrade their photography technology. Yes, it costs money, but it also costs money for them to maintain their no-questions-asked return policy and to accept returns like they do from unhappy customers like myself. If I knew the green on my Spizikes would look like it did, I would have never ordered them, and Nike wouldn't have had to waste their resources producing the shoes, paying UPS to get them shipped back, refunding me, and doing whatever they do with them when they get them back.

Last edited:
The shade of the green really bugged me, so I returned them. It's not neon or bright or anything that would pass for glow-in-the-dark as it seemed on the Nike ID website. The green is barely even translucent like it is advertised to be. Also, the "infrared" is straight up hot pink, but that didn't bother me at all. The green just wasn't happening for me given my theme. It looks DOPE on the dunkmans on the previous page. But if I'm spending $220+ or whatever they ran me after tax, I wanted them to be perfect.

thanks for sharing, and i hear you, man.

They finally came in today. They got dropped off while I was at work though. Had to go pick them up on my lunch and return back. This was the only shot I took. I'll post more tomorrow when I get a chance.
wow those are fresh. how'd you get the 3m laces tho?

i dont know dude these are pretty nice

you tried to make a yeezy 2 colorway ?

Just copped these off the Nike ID site...  What you guys think?  I'll post live pics when they arrive.
2f49f168_spizikeiphone.jpeg

Just copped these off the Nike ID site...  What you guys think?  I'll post live pics when they arrive.

If they use a computer to render the shoes, yes. But, if they actually produce a lot of these shoes with all of the colors on the given materials, and use various photoshop-esque techniques, they can do a much better job than they currently do. If you follow Nike ID on facebook, you'll see that they half-attempt to do this already. They produce a handful of ID shoes and take pictures of them to demonstrate what they look like when they're made. The disconnect is obviously there between the computer renderings and the finished products. My point--which I wish I didn't have to spell out--is that Nike should do a lot more of this: produce more shoes, take more pictures, upgrade their photography technology. Yes, it costs money, but it also costs money for them to maintain their no-questions-asked return policy and to accept returns like they do from unhappy customers like myself. If I knew the green on my Spizikes would look like it did, I would have never ordered them, and Nike wouldn't have had to waste their resources producing the shoes, paying UPS to get them shipped back, refunding me, and doing whatever they do with them when they get them back.

I'm sure all of their monitors at iD are color corrected so they can attempt to match the shades of different materials as closely as possible... but are all the consumers monitors color corrected?? No, so obviously the colors are going to look different on different computers. It's basically impossible for people to look at the same image on different monitors and see the same exact color, whether thats on the NIKEiD site, or just facebook photos of NIKEiD shoes. To me, that green translucent outsole (not advertised as glow in the dark at all), looks pretty damn close to the site... but when you built it on your computer, it might of looked different. Just adjusting the brightness on your screen can drastically change colors!

For those of you with a formerly called Niketown in your city, if they have an iD department, they have most of the materials or color samples on hand for you to see in person. I know this only helps those of you near those locations, but something to note.

u buggin b, those were fuego....

Hadn't seen this thread before, but I scooped a pair when they first released on iD.  I almost pulled the trigger on a home cowboys inspired design (the creepy teal from those pants was on the outsole) but I wasn't absolutely in love with the quality considering it was dropshipped from china.  Some of the cuts on the levels weren't clean (there's a small ridge on the front toe of one, probably can't see it but can tell it was just not cleaned shorn.  Other than that a lot of sloopy paint work on the bottom of the outsole, and I can't get the elephant laces out so guess I'll just keep 'em in then.  I still think it's a gorgeous shoe but I probably won't get another pair of these unless they do something surprising with the materials.

oh yah the fitted is by city from getset

the all black and all red elephant prints are quite nice imo. the rest not so much.

nikeid toro bravo
screenshot20121024at708.png

making these i notice they removed the ability to:
- make the upper and the aj3 strip different materials/colours. they have to be the same now.
- make the heel and tip elephant print

wtfwtfwtf! >:

Back
Top Bottom