Jordan Tatum 1

Initial thoughts:
- they fit long, but I wouldn’t recommend going half a size down. I ordered 2 pairs in a 9 and 9.5. While my TTS pair was a little roomy, the lockdown of the shoe is good enough that I don’t think I’d be sliding around in these. If you’re going for casual wear, definitely go TTS. Half a size down was hell to get on to my feet.

- I understand what everyone means when they say the shoe feels weird. It’s hard to put into words, but honestly, if you want a pair for ball, try these on in the store first. The cushioning in the heel feels like it’s an inch to far up. Doesn’t line up with the biggest part of my heel. And the forefoot zoom - you can feel it, but it also feels like it isn’t aligned properly.

There are very few people on this board who loves JT more than me (Go Celtics!), but I can’t recommend these for hooping. I’ll buy some pairs for casual use for sure though.
TTS for sure. extra toe room means elite socks without an issue. (see: lebron 20 fit issues)

to be honest, NOTHING felt off about the "height" of the stroebel board/heel/forefoot zoom for me in the STL pair. And I read ALL of the try on reviews, the wear testers, foot doctor videos, even my buddy texting me sayingthey felt different on foot when he tried on in store.

I shot around for 20 minutes sunday, then wore for 2 hours monday. that was all the "break in" time, and to be honest they barely needed it. good to go out the box. no fit issues, foot weirdness.

I did re-tighten after a game or two, and ended up using the top eyelet after a bit. the laces are long. These are an airy, open feeling lightweight shoe.

I felt awesome making cuts, especially across the middle of the paint/free throw line fade away type. also downhill drives, pivots, balanced on toes. These do make you play on your toes. The heel shape and foam won't give a traditional heel-to-toe transition, like a super flat KD15 would for example.

That’s what it felt like now that you mentioned it lol. I felt like I had to walk on my toes in them with how they’re set up

Jordan Tatum 1 “Barbershop”
Color: Coconut Milk/Metallic Gold-Black-Laser Blue-Bright Crimson
Style Code: DX5571-180 / DX5574-180
Release Date: May 12, 2023
Price: $120
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180-4.jpg
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180.jpg
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180-2.jpg
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180-3.jpg
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180-5.jpg
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180-1.jpg
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180-6.jpg
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180-7.jpg
Jordan-Tatum-1-Barbershop-DX5574-180-8.jpg

Great article about the design of each of the colorways. But some bad news in there. The blueprints aren't releasing :angry:

9_Tatum-1_Blueprint.jpg

"The “Blueprint” theme stands out on this version of the Tatum 1. The royal blue upper resembles the graph paper footwear developers use to create the tech pack for production, all the way down to the coding text along the panels. “Vector-shaped” squares along the heel highlight the Jumpman and “JT” logos.

“I wish we were selling that one,” said Tatum. “ ‘The Blueprint’ is the phrase we used when we started the conversation around me having my own shoe and my business within Jordan Brand. It’s a nod to Jay-Z, my favorite rapper, and The Blueprint is my favorite album.

“But also, it’s storytelling around part of the campaign, which is that ‘I always knew.’ I always had these goals and mapped out my life’s plan: Go to high school and win every award I could. I went to college for one year, and I went to Duke. I wanted to be the No. 1 draft pick and ended up being the third.

“It’s surreal to say this, because I never take any of this for granted, but I truly did dream of it. I did speak on all of this to my mom and my grandma. ‘When I get older, I’m going to be the No. 1 draft pick, be an All-Star and have my own shoe.’ It’s a nod to that and that way of thinking as a kid.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do they mess this up. How.

Blueprints would’ve been great. Other colorways are looking good too though. ezcited for what’s to come

Back
Top Bottom