Jordan Tatum 1

I like my pair but there are things in the tech I’m not really thrilled with.

When Nightwing on wear testers said the forefoot zoom air unit sits high/feels raised he wasn’t lying. It feels like a huge bubble and almost feels like it causes my toes to feel like they’re hanging in the air in the shoe. I went TTS by the way and there is no way I could size down.

Nightwing also said the plate tech they used in the arch bottoms out and I immediately felt that just when I put the shoe on. That along with just foam heel and that raised forefoot zoom, caused all kind of arch pain afterwards. I may try grabbing one of those Move Game Day insoles and put those in and see if it helps.

Love the shoe, and get for the price it’s not going to have great tech, but the way the tech is set up it’s going to kill guys arches.

When Nightwing on wear testers said the forefoot zoom air unit sits high/feels raised he wasn’t lying. It feels like a huge bubble and almost feels like it causes my toes to feel like they’re hanging in the air in the shoe. I went TTS by the way and there is no way I could size down.

Nightwing also said the plate tech they used in the arch bottoms out and I immediately felt that just when I put the shoe on. That along with just foam heel and that raised forefoot zoom, caused all kind of arch pain afterwards. I may try grabbing one of those Move Game Day insoles and put those in and see if it helps.

Love the shoe, and get for the price it’s not going to have great tech, but the way the tech is set up it’s going to kill guys arches.
Do you have flat arches? Normal? Wonder if it caters to someone needing arch support? Or the opposite? Someone that doesn’t need the arch support possibly.

Do you have flat arches? Normal? Wonder if it caters to someone needing arch support? Or the opposite? Someone that doesn’t need the arch support possibly.
No don’t have flat arches. They’re normal. I don’t see it catering to those that need arch support because it bottoms out at the arch.

Heads in Ja 1 thread trashing the materials for $110 rightfully so but these for $10 more is leaps and bounds. Look way more premium.

A few, and these aren't leaps and bounds better materials wise. It's a budget model and so are these.

A lot of people aren't familiar with the different sig lines, so these aren't going to be like a Lebron or even a KD.

For actual play the Ja is probably better, and you shouldn't compare PE's to GR models, because Ja can have his kicks be made out of actual leather if he wanted.

Last edited:
A few, and these aren't leaps and bounds better materials wise. It's a budget model and so are these.

A lot of people aren't familiar with the different sig lines, so these aren't going to be like a Lebron or even a KD.

For actual play the Ja is probably better, and you shouldn't compare PE's to GR models, because Ja can have his kicks be made out of actual leather if he wanted.
But to your point, people were very familiar w the kyrie and pg line, and those were budget too

I get what you’re saying about PE’s

These kill my feet and so did the morants I returned both them after 3 wears each.

These new shoes are garbage man.

Idk what it is cuz pg1 n Kyrie 1 never killed my feet like these new ones
Our bodies 5 years ago versus today maybe lol

Also more break in time?

No I don’t think more break in time is necessary. Like I said earlier inside the shoe is such a weird set up. I love the design but I’m seriously thinking of sending mine back.

These kill my feet and so did the morants I returned both them after 3 wears each.

These new shoes are garbage man.

Idk what it is cuz pg1 n Kyrie 1 never killed my feet like these new ones
Zion 2's have been good to me. Very forgiving on all foot shapes and comfy cushion
PG 1's were so stiff and narrow I sold em after a couple months. Never had the Kyrie 1's but hated my Kyrie 2's and sold em

Last edited:
Sent them back today after trying to just walk around the house in them. Hope FNL doesn’t give me any issues.

Felt that bad?
the fore foot zoom is raised so like my foot doesn't sit properly in the shoe and there's carbon fiber plate or shank plate for the arch and the arch literally bottoms out in the shoe. if you watch the weartesters video on it he touches on it. they killed my feet more than any other pair of shoe i've had.

the fore foot zoom is raised so like my foot doesn't sit properly in the shoe and there's carbon fiber plate or shank plate for the arch and the arch literally bottoms out in the shoe. if you watch the weartesters video on it he touches on it. they killed my feet more than any other pair of shoe i've had.

Same here

I’m a PE teacher and am active with all my classes lol and literally wore them 7:30am until 5:00 when I got home and around the house this past weekend. Not too sure about that.

I’m a PE teacher and am active with all my classes lol and literally wore them 7:30am until 5:00 when I got home and around the house this past weekend. Not too sure about that.
Gotcha, good context. so it could be foot shape and heel drop that is accounting for that too, along with the disconnected stroebel board/height of zoom.

I haven't even seen these in hands yet, just speculating on what I've read. To be fair previously you said "after trying to walk around the house in them" - not wore for an entire day and was active in them, haha

Gotcha, good context. so it could be foot shape and heel drop that is accounting for that too, along with the disconnected stroebel board/height of zoom.

I haven't even seen these in hands yet, just speculating on what I've read. To be fair previously you said "after trying to walk around the house in them" - not wore for an entire day and was active in them, haha
Well that was the second time I wore them, but I did a pretty lengthy write up at the top of the page. Wasn’t going to get that from around the house type of day lol

IMG_0410.jpeg

There’s definitely a ‘threshold’ feeling, the footbed is lower than the forefoot zoom.
This is a new take on ‘unlocked Zoom’, a standalone Zoom bag resting above the midsole. (If they would’ve used a standard Air bag, these would feel great because there’s more give with Air, Zoom is stubborn and can be uncomfortable in this role.)
You can mute it by adding dense insoles, but the shoe is already narrow..kinda surprised only a couple weartesters have mentioned this.

Last edited:

Agree with this one, after a 3 hour session there was pain in the arch area. Similar to what I felt when using the Kyrie Infinity due to lack of a carbon fiber plate. Using a custom insole will probably stabilize the arch area

It just felt like my foot was angled upward with that raised zoom. Felt awkward.
Agree with this one, after a 3 hour session there was pain in the arch area. Similar to what I felt when using the Kyrie Infinity due to lack of a carbon fiber plate. Using a custom insole will probably stabilize the arch area

Back
Top Bottom