Jordan V Olive - March 2, 2024

Since a lot of y'all seem to remember the LS shoes from the 2000s, does anyone remember during that period that each shoe had a gimmick with matching attire? I recall each LS shoe during that time had either a jacket or some kind of top that was supposed to match with the particular LS shoe that was sold separately.
Yes, proudly and sadly I do lol. I had Pacific Blue 7s and bought the cream colored shirt with the shoe on it to match lol. I remember them going crazy with gear for the 8s!! I had the basketball shorts and matching shirt, still have and wear the shorts. I had this dope a** Jordan Brand hat to match the Mist Blue 4s, sadly though I had the Jordan Brand Mist Blue Polo to match lol. I never bought anything for Olive 5s. Think I had hoodie or shirt for the Chambray 7s.

Yes, proudly and sadly I do lol. I had Pacific Blue 7s and bought the cream colored shirt with the shoe on it to match lol. I remember them going crazy with gear for the 8s!! I had the basketball shorts and matching shirt, still have and wear the shorts. I had this dope a** Jordan Brand hat to match the Mist Blue 4s, sadly though I had the Jordan Brand Mist Blue Polo to match lol. I never bought anything for Olive 5s. Think I had hoodie or shirt for the Chambray 7s.
:lol:

I have the aqua 8 shorts and the playoff 8 shorts still

Some of the clothes that dropped with LS series was clutch. Some of those shoes were tough to find something to wear with.

It's cool this thread has caused us to reminisce on that period with the LS colors. It's nice that some of y'all remember it.

I recall there were four LS colors with the V in 2006 and two LS colors with the VIII in 2007. I do remember the Pacific Blue VII & Mist Blue IV but I can't remember the year they came out. If I'm not mistaken, I believe those were the only two years with the LS color releases.

The only LS color I got during that period was the Peapod VIII in 2007. I ended up getting the matching jacket that had the Chicago landscape on it within a few months after the shoes released.

I agree the matching attire came in handy with the LS shoes because they had uncommon, abstract colors that could make it complicated to find clothing to match.

mjmoney23 mjmoney23 & jacksodk jacksodk elaborated correctly on how it was with the LS releases during the 2000s. I recall they weren't sold at every retailer because they were only allocated to stores that were deemed urban. I remember Footaction was designated as urban when Foot Locker owned them, so that's why they were the only stores under that corporate umbrella that carried them.

It's interesting that the retro versions of the LS colors will now be a general release that can be found at almost all shoe retailers. And they're now devoid of the LS distinction and any matching attire.

Since a lot of y'all seem to remember the LS shoes from the 2000s, does anyone remember during that period that each shoe had a gimmick with matching attire? I recall each LS shoe during that time had either a jacket or some kind of top that was supposed to match with the particular LS shoe that was sold separately.

Sure do. I still have a few of those jackets! Lol. I got a laser jacket for like $30 and some white and black cement jackets to go with some 4s

Wow, didnt think these would come back. But burgundys should've been a clue.

I wore these randomly last month and they crumbled lol always liked them. Had an undftd 4 feeling to me.

20230330_162038.jpg
20230330_163435.jpg
Yep, I feel you. Same happened to me two years ago with these and 2003 Black/Red XIIs.

Back
Top Bottom