Jordan vs Kobe game winners Vol. Complete list of GW Both have 25.

Originally Posted by truthteller

Kobe is waay closer to mj, than cb/usher is to Michael Jackson.

Has to be a better comparison out there.
^ naw! you can have ginuwine if you want but either usher or neyo pick one. #8 will not n i repeat will not (esp with Bron present now) be remembered 5 to 10 years from now in the league as MJ is now and 5 to 10 years from now. lmao MJ will prob still be more relevant 10 yrs from now than the next star. this is why you cannot keep comparing these current stars to ultra legends like Mike Jack, Jordan and Ali...you cannot dismiss  their movement and what they have done for the game. I don't really care for chris brown but usher neyo due to their biting Mike jack's style n awards n accomplishments

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

Originally Posted by crobers 78

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

kobe is a poor mans jordan thats a compliment in my book...shoot anything associated to jordan is a good thing...ive been saying this for the longest time

kobe is the closest to mike...their game is are so similar its not even funny but of course not as crisp and defined as jordans game but kobe is close

michael jordan is michael jackson and kobe bryant is chris brown/usher
^ CHURCH! OMG i just said this same exact thing yest in debate...dudes don't understand that MJ is a Ultra legend and is bigger than those rings and stats, he is a Movement like Mike Jack and Ali n cannot be compared to daniel son

Get outta here with that Michael Jackson/ Chris Brown nonsense. MJ being a movement has nothing to do with his play on the bball court. Let's just talk when Kobe hangs up the shoes...

^ Trust me, MJ's total movement ties into his GOATness. He has made the NBA more entertaining, global, hip, more lucrative. ask David Stern. Matter of fact go buy or read the new ESPN magazine with MJ on it. this is why #8 will never see MJ. i could care less if he had one ring (which he really does) or 7 or 8 he is not seeing MJ esp not in this watered down just playin for money league. it makes a diff just like people talk about bill russell being the greatest because he won 11 rings but how many people know he only had to play in 2 series and there were a total of 8 teams? 6 FINALS AND NO L'S alone is why daniel son cannot see Mr. Miyagi 

Originally Posted by VAHustler

MJ= Greatest of All Time........stop comparing the two. Lock this thread up already.

^ Thank you! so annoying. If i see a lamb n ferrari everyday it's not going to be as impressive to me anymore so basically whatever #8 is doing now which i have already seen done bigger n better does not move me like when it was done right in the 80's n 90's, gone! *Mic drops*

They are very similar in styles of play but if you watch them play its kind of clear that Jordan is better. Kobe takes a lot more 3 pointers and perimeter Jumpshots in general and I think this has a lot to do with who the superior athlete is out of the two(Jordan), and overall I think Jordan is far more sharp and efficent than Kobe is.

It is a good comparision between the two and Bryant is definately worthy of the comparison, but Jordan wins this here.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

^ Neither do I, and I love watchin' Kobe play (who will be a Top 20 player ever when his career is done).

Kobe has never had a season better than MJ's....no player has won in every championship appearance as MJ has. I don't recall ever seeing MJ allow his team to lose a 24 point lead in a Finals game. he made his team mates better and stepped on opponents throats full throttle. Jordan was unquestionably the best player on all his championship teams without a dominant center.

6 for 6 in Finals appearances, 6 Finals MVP's, regular season MVP 5x (robbed by Malone once)....even with taking almost 2 seasons off
sick.gif
I respect your opinion and sports knowledge and I'd be interested if you named the 20 players that have had better careers than Kobe?

Also, how can there not be comparisons ? The height, playing style, clutch shots, fadeaway, dunks, arrogance, etc...To me, the thing that mirrors MJ the most to me is Kobe's work ethic. The stories I've read about his workouts and how he pushes himself to be the best, adding moves to his game every off season; a lot of players say they want to be the best but there is clear consensus around the league that Kobe is the hardest working player, bar none..

It's rare to see a player be in that top 2-3 player discussion year in, year out for a decade...McGrady, Iverson, Nash, Wade, etc are nice but they have neither the accomplishments, success, nor longevity that Kobe has been blessed with...Lebron is entering that echelon and will very likely join the ranks of MJ, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Kobe...

Here's a quote from an article 2 years ago where Jerry West, Tex Winter, and several others weigh in on the MJ/Kobe discussion:

"...the Lakers coaching staff--which of course contained several people who also coached Jordan in Chicago--"concluded Bryant and Jordan were much alike, almost eerie, in fact, when it came to the alpha male qualities of their competitive natures. Kobe and Michael were ruthless when it came to winning, everyone agreed. And their skills were similar. Except Michael's hands were larger. The major difference between the two came with college experience. Jordan had played in a basketball system for Dean Smith at North Carolina, thus he was better prepared to play within a team concept."

MJ weighs in:

Jordan doesn't see what all the big fuss is about. After all, human behavior is mimetic. That's what humans do. They copy and ape another." Jordan acknowledged that Bryant has patterned aspects of his game after Jordan's but does not see this as a bad thing at all: "But how many people lighted the path for me? That's the evoluation of basketball. There's no way I could have played the way I played if I didn't watch David Thompson and guys prior to me. There's no way Kobe could have played the way he's played without watching me play. So, you know, that's the evolution of basketball. You cannot change that.

Kobe is on pace to finish top 3 in career scoring, has a strong team to win at least 1 or 2 more rings, and continue his career longevity...Whether you think he's similar to MJ or not, I think basketball fans should appreciate Kobe's game and career for what it is: arguably comparable to MJ but undoubtedly a legend.
I'm just talking about their production on the court, Kobe isn't Jordan, he has never been on the same level, the fact that people even say this is beyond me, or mention that he could be better. It's insanity. Very few people have played at the level MJ and Kobe is not one of them.

Does it really matter who had more game winners? It's not this topic with tell us who the better player is.

Jordan is the GOAT but a lot of you clowns take Kobe's game for granted. Kobe is a legend already, let him finish his career then Maybe all these comparisons will make a tad bit more sense. At the end of the day, dude is ridiculously talented and has more heart than anyone in the league. I think a lot of you will realize how great this dude is once his career is done.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Jordan is the GOAT but a lot of you clowns take Kobe's game for granted. Kobe is a legend already, let him finish his career then Maybe all these comparisons will make a tad bit more sense. At the end of the day, dude is ridiculously talented and has more heart than anyone in the league. I think a lot of you will realize how great this dude is once his career is done.

^ SMDH, why can't this topic be debated without degradation? What i want to know is who else has ever won def player of the year, mvp, all star mvp and finals mvp all in one year?

laugh.gif
See below just ONE yes just one of the areas of MJ's stellar career that # 8 will not touch. I have many more but i will just drop this one for now. Lol, i love when folk attempt to debate speculation vs facts!

Jordan has 10 SCORING TITLES which the nba's best ( won 6 of his scoring titles while making over 50%), #8 has only 2 SCORING TITLES, he has to win EIGHT MORE SCORING TITLES just to match the Great MJ... difficult to happen.
Most of those who think #8's scoring is better than MJ's, were not watching nba in the 90s and 80s, , they began watching the nba the year 2000 or need to read those stats carefully!!

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

^ SMDH, why can't this topic be debated without degradation? What i want to know is who else has ever won def player of the year, mvp, all star mvp and finals mvp all in one year?

james worthy was finals mvp in '88 einstein
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

kobe is a poor mans jordan thats a compliment in my book...shoot anything associated to jordan is a good thing...ive been saying this for the longest time

kobe is the closest to mike...their game is are so similar its not even funny but of course not as crisp and defined as jordans game but kobe is close

^ CHURCH! OMG i just said this same exact thing yest in debate...dudes don't understand that MJ is a Ultra legend and is bigger than those rings and stats, he is a Movement like Mike Jack and Ali n cannot be compared to daniel son

Get outta here with that Michael Jackson/ Chris Brown nonsense. MJ being a movement has nothing to do with his play on the bball court. Let's just talk when Kobe hangs up the shoes...

^ Trust me, MJ's total movement ties into his GOATness. He has made the NBA more entertaining, global, hip, more lucrative. ask David Stern. Matter of fact go buy or read the new ESPN magazine with MJ on it. this is why #8 will never see MJ. i could care less if he had one ring (which he really does) or 7 or 8 he is not seeing MJ esp not in this watered down just playin for money league. it makes a diff just like people talk about bill russell being the greatest because he won 11 rings but how many people know he only had to play in 2 series and there were a total of 8 teams? 6 FINALS AND NO L'S alone is why daniel son cannot see Mr. Miyagi 

You're talking about championships right now. I could flip this around and say Jordan didnt win a single one of those titles without Pippen. Or I can say he had to wait 7 years before he won his first. I'm not gonna say Kobe is better or MJ is worse. All I'm saying is let's do away with this sense of "godliness" that surrounds MJ. He changed the game, but we're talking about the better player here. And mamba isn't done yet.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

You're talking about championships right now. I could flip this around and say Jordan didnt win a single one of those titles without Pippen. Or I can say he had to wait 7 years before he won his first. I'm not gonna say Kobe is better or MJ is worse. All I'm saying is let's do away with this sense of "godliness" that surrounds MJ. He changed the game, but we're talking about the better player here. And mamba isn't done yet.

I'm talking about a Movement/Iconic. I never uttered anyting of the sort dealing with godliness. if you all would leave MJ in his HOF lane and stop mergin n swervin #8 n others into his lane im good n i don't have to keep pulling  out the facts. "when he is done, isn't done yet, when, by the time"=specualtion, im talking about facts! FYI, tomorrow is never promised. yall better hope that boy don't face his first season ending or severe injury that every other legend has indured at some point in their nba career esp with his Karma. In the words of Mars Blackmon "do you know do you know do know?" hahaha this is too easy that's why it's always best to only try to argue facts with facts n not facts with speculations. Go get the new ESPN magazine with MJ on it, lol i think magic johnson sounded like dude was god more than anyone and he is arguably the 2nd GOAT. how can you do away with how it just is. how about just accepting it. Ali had it, Mike Jackson had it and MJ has this status along with Elvis so just accept it plse because fighting it when this man is still achieving milestones i.e. first ex player to own an nba franchise...more reasons # is not on or will be on  his level.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

I'm talking about a Movement/Iconic. I never uttered anyting of the sort dealing with godliness. if you all would leave MJ in his HOF lane and stop mergin n swervin #8 n others into his lane im good n i don't have to keep pulling  out the facts. "when he is done, isn't done yet, when, by the time"=specualtion, im talking about facts! FYI, tomorrow is never promised. yall better hope that boy don't face his first season ending or severe injury that every other legend has indured at some point in their nba career esp with his Karma. In the words of Mars Blackmon "do you know do you know do know?" hahaha this is too easy that's why it's always best to only try to argue facts with facts n not facts with speculations. Go get the new ESPN magazine with MJ on it, lol i think magic johnson sounded like dude was god more than anyone and he is arguably the 2nd GOAT. how can you do away with how it just is. how about just accepting it. Ali had it, Mike Jackson had it and MJ has this status along with Elvis so just accept it plse because fighting it when this man is still achieving milestones i.e. first ex player to own an nba franchise...more reasons # is not on or will be on  his level.
If you're talking about how MJ was a movement/icon, then I agree with you. But this is a thread about game winners so....

And you're a good example of fans who stick to MJ no matter what. Before I say this, I'm tied to Kobe only as a player, nothing more. But your incessant admiration (therefore "godliness" I jokingly said) is baffling. The stories of how MJ is a flat out rude, selfish person outside the court really makes me wonder how people (not you per se) will stick by him and go tell me to read something about him. I don't like him. I don't need or want to support him.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Does it really matter who had more game winners? It's not this topic with tell us who the better player is.

You're right, but in a world where MJ mostly wins, it's nice to see Kobe have something over him.

stop comparing championships. Jordan 6 Finals MVP> Kobe 1 Finals MVP. Kobe has 4 championships, but IMO a lot of players would win titles with a prime Shaq on their team. Even if Kobe wins 3 more Finals MVPs, he wouldn't surpass Jordan

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

If you're talking about how MJ was a movement/icon, then I agree with you. But this is a thread about game winners so....

And you're a good example of fans who stick to MJ no matter what. Before I say this, I'm tied to Kobe only as a player, nothing more. But your incessant admiration (therefore "godliness" I jokingly said) is baffling. The stories of how MJ is a flat out rude, selfish person outside the court really makes me wonder how people (not you per se) will stick by him and go tell me to read something about him. I don't like him. I don't need or want to support him.

Hahaha i can tell you don't like him. most #8 fans don't like MJ. I figured this out a while ago. theory= i did not like MJ forever so now that daniel son has come along let me like him since his game is similar n hope to death he accomplishes more than MJ. lmao yeah i figured it out and it's a travesty! I will ride n die for MJ all day n day, yes because it's warranted. Come on this thread has lost traction like 9 pages ago so since people wanna try to compare n talk crap im goin in. has MJ been rude to you or me, nope! heresay as far as im concerned n don't care. did #8 come on tv like a dummy n say "trade me" after losing seasons cryin like a lil punk? yes! was he in the parking lot of  a shopping center in newport on video (which he fought tooth n nail to make youtube take it down but bits n pieces still exist) talking about bynum bad n cussin saying ship him out get rid of him? YES! Cool you agree with me on the Movement/Icon part as #8 does too but will go to his grave not saying it and him n phil know who is the man! Phil i will never forgive you for that you traitor
smile.gif

Surprise, surprise, Jordan slurpers come in talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the thread. It's about game winners, which currently Kobe has just as many/more than Michael depending on what you count. Nothing more, nothing less. Kobe will NEVER be MJ, we get it, give it a rest. They are two different people. Some think MJ is the best, others like me (I prefer Magic) think others are, it's their opinion, let them have it; and stop trying to force your Jumpman on everyone else (we know the stats, MVPs, etc.), it just makes you look childish.

If someone thinks that MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bron, Wilt is the best ever, NEWSFLASH your eloquent or not so eloquent paragraphs and bad grammar is not going to change their mind.

I don't even believe Jordan is necessarily the best ever, in the end once you reach the level Magic, Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russel reached what separates one from another become so small.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I don't even believe Jordan is necessarily the best ever, in the end once you reach the level Magic, Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, Russel reached what separates one from another become so small.

And that's the perfect word "reachED". Kobe still has at least 3 or 4 more productive years ahead of him and who's to say that his resume' by then won't be comparable to all the other greats. He's most likely going to finish top 3 all time in scoring (just under 7,000 pts away from passing MJ for 3rd), already is the Lakers all-time leading scorer and has a team that could win a few more championships and Finals MVPs.

When he finally hangs up the Nikes then maybe the discussion will become more relevant in regards to his all-time greatness.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

Hahaha i can tell you don't like him. most #8 fans don't like MJ. I figured this out a while ago. theory= i did not like MJ forever so now that daniel son has come along let me like him since his game is similar n hope to death he accomplishes more than MJ. lmao yeah i figured it out and it's a travesty! I will ride n die for MJ all day n day, yes because it's warranted. Come on this thread has lost traction like 9 pages ago so since people wanna try to compare n talk crap im goin in. has MJ been rude to you or me, nope! heresay as far as im concerned n don't care. did #8 come on tv like a dummy n say "trade me" after losing seasons cryin like a lil punk? yes! was he in the parking lot of  a shopping center in newport on video (which he fought tooth n nail to make youtube take it down but bits n pieces still exist) talking about bynum bad n cussin saying ship him out get rid of him? YES! Cool you agree with me on the Movement/Icon part as #8 does too but will go to his grave not saying it and him n phil know who is the man! Phil i will never forgive you for that you traitor
smile.gif

I really don't understand why you need to bring Karate Kid into this. Haha, anyways, for the record, you're absolutely wrong when you say Kobe won't say he is an icon or that he's the best. Get your facts straight. And the points you stated are true and Kobe is a "punk" for that. But to me and for Kobe I'm sure, in the end, it's all about winning. We can talk about the media and all that, but in the end, he wanted to get traded to win. He didn't want Bynum because he wanted Kidd instead, so he could win. I don't know Jordan personally, but as of now, a person that will marginalize and use cheap products and sell at the highest cost to gain maximum profit based on his name alone is downright wrong (I know all businesses do this). And he might be a winner, but he sure is a sore loser too (ps me too). Go ask Chamillionare.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

And that's the perfect word "reachED". Kobe still has at least 3 or 4 more productive years ahead of him and who's to say that his resume' by then won't be comparable to all the other greats. He's most likely going to finish top 3 all time in scoring (just under 7,000 pts away from passing MJ for 3rd), already is the Lakers all-time leading scorer and has a team that could win a few more championships and Finals MVPs.

When he finally hangs up the Nikes then maybe the discussion will become more relevant in regards to his all-time greatness.
Thats thing he can;t reach it, peak production is more important that longevity and as it stands Kobe Bryant has never, being Kobe Bryant for 10 years doesn't make him that much better than if he did it for 13. The fact is he has never at any point in his life been as good at the game of basketball as the players I mentioned he has no three year stretch that I think really touches those guys, he is close but not that close. 

Originally Posted by Jonnny25

stop comparing championships. Jordan 6 Finals MVP> Kobe 1 Finals MVP. Kobe has 4 championships, but IMO a lot of players would win titles with a prime Shaq on their team. Even if Kobe wins 3 more Finals MVPs, he wouldn't surpass Jordan

^ Thank you! A watered down league, #8 and shaq = rings unlimited. MJ had 6 finals, 6 mvp's and no L's and just for kicks let's throw in the 15 triple doubles in one season
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Surprise, surprise, Jordan slurpers come in talking about stuff that has nothing to do with the thread. It's about game winners, which currently Kobe has just as many/more than Michael depending on what you count. Nothing more, nothing less. Kobe will NEVER be MJ, we get it, give it a rest. They are two different people. Some think MJ is the best, others like me (I prefer Magic) think others are, it's their opinion, let them have it; and stop trying to force your Jumpman on everyone else (we know the stats, MVPs, etc.), it just makes you look childish.

If someone thinks that MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bron, Wilt is the best ever, NEWSFLASH your eloquent or not so eloquent paragraphs and bad grammar is not going to change their mind.

First off i could care less when i am typin from my pda phone about paragraph structure as long as it's spelled correctly and conveys the msg, lmao are you kidding me right now with that nonsense? second, most don't know all these stats and history so it's up to the older more knowledgeable nba fans to teach.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Worlds Enemy wrote:

smile.gif

I really don't understand why you need to bring Karate Kid into this. Haha, anyways, for the record, you're absolutely wrong when you say Kobe won't say he is an icon or that he's the best. Get your facts straight. And the points you stated are true and Kobe is a "punk" for that. But to me and for Kobe I'm sure, in the end, it's all about winning. We can talk about the media and all that, but in the end, he wanted to get traded to win. He didn't want Bynum because he wanted Kidd instead, so he could win. I don't know Jordan personally, but as of now, a person that will marginalize and use cheap products and sell at the highest cost to gain maximum profit based on his name alone is downright wrong (I know all businesses do this). And he might be a winner, but he sure is a sore loser too (ps me too). Go ask Chamillionare.

it's brought up because it's relevant. plse tell me when #8 stated MJ was an icon and that he is a closet D rider, plse? his reasoning for crying about trade me was simple, he had no dominant center to help make the journey easy and his teammates were not as good n did not like him. ok i'm not about to debate with you after those last two sentences...LMAO! wow/smh

Back
Top Bottom