Jordan vs Kobe game winners Vol. Complete list of GW Both have 25.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Kobe won. Mad?

how did kobe win? MJ 6 titles > KB 4 Titles
i think MJ wins 
laugh.gif
In all fairness  he's still playing and can very well reach 6 titles if not 7.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

JRodski wrote:

yeah i remember around the time kob was about 3 GW's in ealier this season and analyst started to really breakdown how clutch he is or is not. and your right melo and james #'s were somewhat higher.

think about this though....melo, bron and kob were all on the USA team. When they were in danger of losing to spain who did they defer to? who saved their 4SS?  

end of the day.... anyone who knows anything about ball knows if a team is down 2-3 pts with 9 seconds or less on the clock. give the ball to kob. not bron not melo but kob. lets not front

"just another average joe in the end"? do you REALLY believe that?......... i mean REALLY?

anyone on the team can save the team.. it's just that kobe didn't get to chance to shine during the games..mainly b/c hes not as efficient as lbj and wade....but.he's the oldest sg out there.. so lbj and wade just let him shine at the end...to give him some respect.

you really don't think that lbj nor wade can take over these weak international ballers? seriously? LOL. let's leave it at this.

indifferent.gif

You must have forgot LeBron, Melo, and Wade took Bronze in 04...but yeah, let's leave it at this....
laugh.gif

Like I have stated in one of these Kobe/Jordan posts that pop up frequently....Kobe games right now is at Jordan's level. Only Jordan did it longer while Kobe reached it a few seasons back. Thats why Jordan is the greatest... he was Jordan his whole career. Jordan came out the gate an elite player. That didnt mean he was successful and was a championship contender but Jordan from his rookie year to 1998 was the best shooting guard in the NBA.

In terms of skills I would say that Kobe is the more skilled and polished player due to the fact that he had to be. He didnt have Jordan's hands or athletic ability. If you seen Kobe from his rookie season till now you will see that he went from overthinking and forcing Jordan-esque moves when they were not needed...then playing the facilitator on a successful 3peat team while only taking over games when needed...to prematurely toning down his game to play like the 1996-98 Jordan and now playing like a more athletic & quicker hybrid Wizard-Jordan/Larry Bird relying on footwork and spacing the floor to be a dominating scorer. And that requires Kobe to put in all this work and effort just stay at that Jordan-esque level which can only last a few more seasons.  

As for the Game Winner debate and how one shot is harder then the other...
Both player have/had the knack for being able to step up to the challenge and I dont see how one shot would be harder then the other. Maybe length of shot or difficulty or single coverage vs. double teams but I really thinks its all petty stuff to sway either side.

Originally Posted by vanexellent

Like I have stated in one of these Kobe/Jordan posts that pop up frequently....Kobe games right now is at Jordan's level. Only Jordan did it longer while Kobe reached it a few seasons back. Thats why Jordan is the greatest... he was Jordan his whole career. Jordan came out the gate an elite player. That didnt mean he was successful and was a championship contender but Jordan from his rookie year to 1998 was the best shooting guard in the NBA.

In terms of skills I would say that Kobe is the more skilled and polished player due to the fact that he had to be. He didnt have Jordan's hands or athletic ability. If you seen Kobe from his rookie season till now you will see that he went from overthinking and forcing Jordan-esque moves when they were not needed...then playing the facilitator on a successful 3peat team while only taking over games when needed...to prematurely toning down his game to play like the 1996-98 Jordan and now playing like a more athletic & quicker hybrid Wizard-Jordan/Larry Bird relying on footwork and spacing the floor to be a dominating scorer. And that requires Kobe to put in all this work and effort just stay at that Jordan-esque level which can only last a few more seasons.  

As for the Game Winner debate and how one shot is harder then the other...
Both player have/had the knack for being able to step up to the challenge and I dont see how one shot would be harder then the other. Maybe length of shot or difficulty or single coverage vs. double teams but I really thinks its all petty stuff to sway either side.

I never really thought about it like that but this explains the kobe/ Jordan thing in a nutshell
eek.gif

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

JRodski wrote:

yeah i remember around the time kob was about 3 GW's in ealier this season and analyst started to really breakdown how clutch he is or is not. and your right melo and james #'s were somewhat higher.

think about this though....melo, bron and kob were all on the USA team. When they were in danger of losing to spain who did they defer to? who saved their 4SS?  

end of the day.... anyone who knows anything about ball knows if a team is down 2-3 pts with 9 seconds or less on the clock. give the ball to kob. not bron not melo but kob. lets not front

"just another average joe in the end"? do you REALLY believe that?......... i mean REALLY?

anyone on the team can save the team.. it's just that kobe didn't get to chance to shine during the games..mainly b/c hes not as efficient as lbj and wade....but.he's the oldest sg out there.. so lbj and wade just let him shine at the end...to give him some respect.

you really don't think that lbj nor wade can take over these weak international ballers? seriously? LOL. let's leave it at this.

indifferent.gif

You must have forgot LeBron, Melo, and Wade took Bronze in 04...but yeah, let's leave it at this....
laugh.gif

who is this non-sense? lbj was 20 at the time...he didn't play much . ya'll act like he was the main focal of the team..well i can see how ya'll think that way despite being age of 20 lmao

oh yeah, kobe wasn't even good enough to be on team USA when he was 20...maybe ...ballboy???  

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

Kobe makes incredible shots cause he's the only person crazy enough to take those shots. That's his genius. You can do that against the Bucks, Clippers, Grizzlies, Raptors, Knicks, Warriors, Nets and many of the other gutless cowardly teams that won't put up a fight. But against good teams he can't get away with it.

2004 & 2008 NBA Finals

Player G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF TOT APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG

Kobe Bryant 5 5 46.2 .381 .174 .920 .40 2.40 2.80 4.4 1.80 .60 3.60 3.00 22.6 - Against the 1 hit wonder Detroit Pistons

Kobe Bryant 6 6 43.0 .405 .321 .796 1.30 3.30 4.70 5.0 2.67 .17 3.83 3.20 25.7 - Against Boston in which they were 2 to 1 favorites
Your lack of bball knowledge is disgusting. Kobe takes and makes difficult/incredible shots against ANY TEAM. Not necessarily game winners but clutch shots and "incredible" shots. He did this during every lakers title run even when they lost in 2004 and 2008.
indifferent.gif

Wow you guys need to stop comparing. Jordan was great, JORDAN IS JORDAN. Kobe is great, KOBE IS KOBE. Imitation just sounds like all he does is try to copy Mike, and I dont think that he's trying to do that at all.

Well in all honesty that's truly the case.  Nothing wrong with copying the GOAT, it just times for fans like you and others to admit it.

This guys is the 2nd hater of all time haha geez. Who the F are you judge anybody.

You're really showing your age aren't you.  It's not hating when facts are being presented or when opinion are given with information to back up that claim, you dudes really got to learn the difference in life. 

It wouldn't matter if Kobe got 7 rings or 9, at the end of the day for his first 3 rings he wasn't even the Finals MVP, that alone should tell you something about how "great" supposidly Kobe is.  For all 6 of MJ's championships he was the Finals MVP. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Wow you guys need to stop comparing. Jordan was great, JORDAN IS JORDAN. Kobe is great, KOBE IS KOBE. Imitation just sounds like all he does is try to copy Mike, and I dont think that he's trying to do that at all.

Well in all honesty that's truly the case.  Nothing wrong with copying the GOAT, it just times for fans like you and others to admit it.

This guys is the 2nd hater of all time haha geez. Who the F are you judge anybody.

You're really showing your age aren't you.  It's not hating when facts are being presented or when opinion are given with information to back up that claim, you dudes really got to learn the difference in life. 

It wouldn't matter if Kobe got 7 rings or 9, at the end of the day for his first 3 rings he wasn't even the Finals MVP, that alone should tell you something about how "great" supposidly Kobe is.  For all 6 of MJ's championships he was the Finals MVP. 
So its Kobe's fault that he had Shaq as his partner?
grin.gif

Deuce King wrote:
 Nothing wrong with copying the GOAT.
kobe wasnt copying magic
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

but nahh  seriously people copy their idols...im pretty sure everyone copied mj...just like how mj copied dr. j or david thompson when he was growing up

but how you guys saying kobe had shaq yes he did the most dominant center...did you guys know mj had pip right?..i dont know how dope scottie was...dude was probably the most dominant small forward at the time...playing both ends of the court

at the end of the day this is becoming a player A vs. player B thread

Originally Posted by ONEFORALL

So its Kobe's fault that he had Shaq as his partner?
grin.gif

Nobody said it was Kobe's fault that Shaq was his partner, no need to try and twist or paint the picture other than the way it is.  However, you also have to take into account that Kobe had Shaq for a good portion of his career, and Shaq is good reason as to why Kobe has 3 of the rings he has to begin with.  Like I've been telling you dudes on here for the longest.  When both Shaq and Kobe were on the Lakers, Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin, nothing wrong with that but don't make it seem like Kobe was the lead guy his entire career like Jordan was. 

kobe wasnt copying magic
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 No doubt.  Nevermind Kobe even being considered the GOAT, Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker of all-time.  

...did you guys know mj had pip right?..
Once again, Jordan was Batman and Pippen was Robin.  Hence why Jordan is a 6-time Finals MVP with 6 championship rings and Kobe is a 1 time Finals MVP with 4 championship rings.  Facts is facts.

--I'm 30 years old. I was already a teen during Jordan's run in  the 90's and that was legendary stuff. Kobe is the closest incarnation of MJ and people will only realize how great he was when he is gone. 
--Like Mark Jackson said during last years Finals..the word great shouldnt be thrown around alot. But Kobe and MJ are great. Enough said.

--Lock?
nerd.gif

kobe wasnt copying magic
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 No doubt.  Nevermind Kobe even being considered the GOAT, Kobe isn't even the greatest Laker of all-time.  

Once again, Jordan was Batman and Pippen was Robin.  Hence why Jordan is a 6-time Finals MVP with 6 championship rings and Kobe is a 1 time Finals MVP with 4 championship rings.  Facts is facts.
jordan and pip are more superman and spiderman to me...IMO pips game was as defined as mike but never really got fanfare because he was in the shadows of mj...but youre right facts is facts

also magic will always be the GLOAT...if kobe passes him up rings wise and mvp wise then maybe kobe will be up there being that he is now the all-time scoring leader...but magic will always be my dude
pimp.gif

jordan and pip are more superman and spiderman to me...IMO pips game was as defined as mike but never really got fanfare because he was in the shadows of mj...but youre right facts is facts

I hear what your saying and all but in any group or team setting there is someone who is #1 and someone who is #2, in the movies there's a leading actor, and a supporting actor, there's a President and a Vice-President, get my point.  At the end of the day no matter how anybody tries to word it in the baskeball world Jordan was always the #1.....Batman, and Pippen was the #2.......Robin.  When Shaq and Kobe played for the Lakers, Shaq was the #1.....Batman, and Kobe was the #2.......Robin. 

batman-and-robin-tv.jpg

also magic will always be the GLOAT
I agree 100%

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

kobe wasnt copying magic
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

also magic will always be the GLOAT...if kobe passes him up rings wise and mvp wise then maybe kobe will be up there being that he is now the all-time scoring leader...but magic will always be my dude
pimp.gif

Yes he did. He pretty much had his change to disprove that in '94-'95 and he couldn't pull it all the way through.

So it IS safe to say he's Robin to Jordan's Batman ... just couldn't finish the job.

On a controversial call though but I'm saying if MJ was there it wouldn't have gone to that point

I hear what your saying and all but in any group or team setting there is someone who is #1 and someone who is #2, in the movies there's a leading actor, and a supporting actor, there's a President and a Vice-President, get my point.  At the end of the day no matter how anybody tries to word it in the baskeball world Jordan was always the #1.....Batman, and Pippen was the #2.......Robin.  When Shaq and Kobe played for the Lakers, Shaq was the #1.....Batman, and Kobe was the #2.......Robin. 

batman-and-robin-tv.jpg

also magic will always be the GLOAT
I agree 100%

laugh.gif
 did you have to post the adam west and burt ward one?

here ill post this one cause like pip and jordan this show dominated in the 90s
bat08.jpg
pimp.gif

i know where youre coming from with the kobe and shaq thing...but IMO kobe and shaq were more superman and batman...to the fact that kobe was the man they deferred to during the 4th quarter and phil didnt really play the triangle as much during the closing quarter in favor of kobe (game 7 against the blazers is the perfect example)...and of course he was the one with the ball in his hands during clutch situations whether it being a pass for a game winning assist or a game winning shot...pip never did that and robin never took on the joker alone

hack a shaq is similar to supermans kryponite...so therefore he was hard to defer during a close game and especially during playoff times...thats where kobe came in

I don't know if Magic is the GLOAT. If I had all the Laker players ever in one room my first pick would go to Wilt. He averages the same amount of points as Jordan (30) nearly quadrupled his rebounding average and was one assist shy of his rebounding average. Granted, he was the biggest, best player out there for that era, his stats are remarkable.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

I don't know if Magic is the GLOAT. If I had all the Laker players ever in one room my first pick would go to Wilt. He averages the same amount of points as Jordan (30) nearly quadrupled his rebounding average and was one assist shy of his rebounding average. Granted, he was the biggest, best player out there for that era, his stats are remarkable.
And he was a Laker for all of 5 years, towards the downside of that career.  So no, he is not the greatest Laker of all time. 

Magic
Kobe
West. 

If Kobe finds a way to get to more titles then Magic, then we can talk. 

Back
Top Bottom