Jordan Wings Poster frame solution? Pics?

I was wondering if any of the people here on NT have this poster framed, and if so, where they got it framed and how much it cost them? I have been to all theframe stores in town and have been quoted prices upwards to $80 to do so. If you have it framed, I would appreciate your feedback and possibly a picture toshow how it was done. For those of you who do not know which poster I am talking about, I am specifically refering to this poster:

jordanwings.jpg

Thanks in advance! Oh, and mods, if this is the wrong forum to post this, please redirect it so that I may get my questions answered.

Man, Ive had that same issue for a while now. Ive looked also and I havent been able to find anyone that even has frames that size.

If you wanna find better bargain, you might want to check out some Art Supply Stores or Hobby Store since alotta'em do also provide framing services forcheaper and some might even have "DIY" style of framing so you are just paying for the materials (frame, glass, etc)

Good Luck

yea michaels do that stuff 4 200 thats the frame then get the plastic 4 home depot 4 like 50 cuz that wat i had 2 do

Originally Posted by AgentPD21

yea michaels do that stuff 4 200 thats the frame then get the plastic 4 home depot 4 like 50 cuz that wat i had 2 do

I have checked out Michael's before, but I guess I should look again. Did Home Depot cut the glass for you or did you do that yourself? Can yourestate how much it cost you for the frame portion? I think you mistyped when you put down 200. Was it 20? Either way, that is getting to be quite expensivealready. Anyone else know of a cost effective way for getting this poster framed?

i went to a frame shop at the mall and they also quoted me 200 %#@. For 3 years it still sits in its poster tube.

another option...is taking it to KINKOS and have the mount it. They will take the poster and permanently mount it on foam core. Then you dont need to frameit...as it is stiff enough to hang on its own...and wont wrinkle or rip or anything.

it cost me 200.00 to get it framed but it was worth every penny it look's so good on the wall

Yeah, Yeah, me too. I got it framed for 180. It was worth it. I actually took it to a guy who framed jerseys. The front (clear part) is not glass its actuallya clear plastic. He said it was better because it was more durable. I like it a lot. Pretty pricey. When i took it to Michaels they said like 400 for mebecause it was odd shaped.

I framed mine myself. However, I did have access to professional equipment. I only paid for the supplies. Most likely you will pay for "a la cart"when going to a framing company.

-NF

to get this poster framed its not gonna be cheap....be ready to kick out a little bit of bread...

Here is mine. I live near a place that lets you have access to, but my parents were busy, so they paid a woman to do it, and it turned out great

I love it

they have that poster already framed for 100+ i dont no exact price but it wasnt 200 in the mission valley mall here in so-cal

Solution is get plastic NOT glass, its cheaper and can't really tell the difference.

My dad made my frame if you can find somebody that is good with tools and wood ask them to see if they can do it.

i4ec12.jpg

Mine was made for less than $45. I'm about to get it done again with some kind of trim on it

my parents had this done for me at Michael's when I was in the Mag. It's worth every penny to have it professionally done.
(That's plastic wrap over top of the frame and such to protect it on the transfer home.)

218821208.jpg

iLL W1LLiam

I'm not one to jock someone's style, but where'd you get that boxed jersey frame from? I plan on getting all of my Jordan Jersey's framed thissummer and I like the style of that.

when I went to Michaels art supplies they said I would have to customize it and it would cost about $90-120 depending on the frame materials. So I ended uplaminating it and it still costed me $30 bones!!

Anyone else? After seeing some pictures of what your framed posters looked like, I am seriously considering getting it professionally framed. I might try tosee how much it would cost me to construct one myself before I go through with this.

Originally Posted by iLL W1LLiam

Solution is get plastic NOT glass, its cheaper and can't really tell the difference.

My dad made my frame if you can find somebody that is good with tools and wood ask them to see if they can do it.

i4ec12.jpg

Mine was made for less than $45. I'm about to get it done again with some kind of trim on it

Sorry but i'm jacking this. Need that it's purehotness.

Back
Top Bottom