Jordan X Converse Collab

c/o NDC:
Thirty years ago, we got a glimpse of things to come. Wearing Converse kicks, a skinny freshman named Mike Jordan sunk a game-winning jumper in New Orleans to seal a national championship for North Carolina. Moving forward, the number 23 would forever carry high expectations as a symbol of greatness on the court.  Jordan Brand is celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Michael Jordan’s historic game winning shot by hosting a special online auction with product inspired by that magical night.

Stay tuned to find out how you can bid on this one-of-a-kind package. The 23 packs will only be available via auction and all proceeds will be donated to charity.

preview and the whole article at this link: http://nikeinc.com/jordan-brand/new...e-greatness-with-the-jordan-x-converse-collab

Why even put this collabo on blast Nike? 99.999% of your comsumers will not even get to enjoy owning these....

If I'm not mistaken this idea was brought up years ago. I think originally they were to be included in a DMP pack. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would love to have a pair but will have no chance being that they'll be only available through auction.

Great...Another impossible to get "collector's package".

For major Jordan fanatics like myself, they'd be great to have. But definitely not worth losing an arm and a leg over.

^ You're a very knowledgable dude when it comes to Jordans. Weren't these scrapped from a pack years ago?

At one point they were going to be part of the original DMP correct?  Three shoes in one pack?

Yes these were to be included in the DMP pack. Some one here does have a sample of them. I think his wife got them for him as a wedding present. They are white leather with gold and Carolina  accents.  

air-jordan-defining-moments-package-dmp-converse-samples-1.jpg

Originally Posted by Digglo

Yes these were to be included in the DMP pack. Some one here does have a sample of them. I think his wife got them for him as a wedding present. They are white leather with gold and Carolina  accents.  

I had the retro of the OG colorway, bought them for $20 from Value City when I used to work there. I would still have them to this day if the leather hadn't cracked and peeled like no one's business. And I thought JB had god awful quality. 
grin.gif

If I remember correctly Nike and Converse are the same company. Shoes look alright not that special to me.

I hate that they are doing stuff like this. At least the Doernbechers are released to the public. This just shuts out almost everyone. Another reason why I just need to stop buying shoes when I see Nike do things like this.

These don't really do anything for me, I just wish that the people who really want these for themselves could get them.And not the resellers that are just going to slap them on ebay for a crazy price. SMH

Originally Posted by Digglo

They do appear different in the teaser pic.  The lining is blue and so is the Converse logos on the sides.  I might consider them if they were easy to obtain.  I see no reason to jump through hoops for them.

Originally Posted by ijapino

Great...Another impossible to get "collector's package".

For major Jordan fanatics like myself, they'd be great to have. But definitely not worth losing an arm and a leg over.

How about the idea of being a Jordan"fanatic" just isn't worth it anymore? At some point, do you feel like some sort of circus animal to get shoes? It's getting ridiculous at this point.

On that note, stop falling for these marketing gimmicks. It's so fun for them to just throw stuff out and yank it back. Smh...

Back
Top Bottom