Jordan X Dark Shadow- April 2018

I just got mine today and this is easily one of the most uncomfortable pairs of shoes I've ever worn.

I'm hoping they break in but the cushion feels like concrete so far.

I just got mine today and this is easily one of the most uncomfortable pairs of shoes I've ever worn.

I'm hoping they break in but the cushion feels like concrete so far.

I gotta go try these bad bad boys on. I'm sure I'll be fine with them, but am curious about the reports of discomfort.

I gotta go try these bad bad boys on. I'm sure I'll be fine with them, but am curious about the reports of discomfort.

I'm walking around my apartment trying to break em in but it ain't work. The midsole and insole both are hard and have no give. The shoe doesn't have any flex either. They feel kinda like walking cleats

My white and red 10s and legit comfortable even to this day and they're over 10 years old. These feel like 8s to me

To break the 10’s you just need to make squat session.
5AF60572-BD7C-4B16-A598-C37D016C0483.jpeg

Trust me, you will not recognize your shoes.

Last edited:
Good lookin! Went ahead and copped em off Foot Locker and will return my Eastbay pair when they arrive, barring the Eastbay pair being a better pair than the Foot Locker pair. I didn't even know about Ebates!

Why not just keep the better pair of shoes, and throw the rejects into the Eastbay box and return them? I've done this and never had problems.

I swear some y’all have the most sensitive feet known to man, geez. No way these are even remotely THAT uncomfortable man. Give me a break lol. Such an over exaggeration. You’re gonna confuse people who may be interested in this shoe. Which is actually a well executed retro from JB. You guys are nuts lol. They feel like Jordan’s, there. Sheesh! Y’all act like your retro Jordan’s should feel like, what, boost? I mean, Come on! There’s decades old air unit technology in the shoe, not lunarlon. Dudes acting like they just started wearing Jordan’s yesterday. 2014 era 6s like blk/infrareds actually are like what you guys are describing..Bricks. These feels way better than those. Hell my bugs bunny 8 literally had cardboard beneath the insole. THOSE were bricks. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t feel the cushioning in this shoe (shadow 10). It’s funny when a shoe sits people seem to come up with all kinds petty problems and complaints with said shoe. It’s funny.

Last edited:
Just because some of you dudes have extra sensitive feet and are expecting cloud like, orthopedic level cushioning from a Jordan retro doesn’t mean the shoe itself uncomfortable or a “brick”. It just means you have really sensitive feet and you should state that first before you come in here trying to make/create some false NT concensus that these are soooooooo uncomfortable, because they aren’t.

I love this retro because of the box and inner liner. I have a pair of the 1994 originals and was just stoked to see them.

Just because some of you dudes have extra sensitive feet and are expecting cloud like, orthopedic level cushioning from a Jordan retro doesn’t mean the shoe itself uncomfortable or a “brick”. It just means you have really sensitive feet and you should state that first before you come in here trying to make/create some false NT concensus that these are soooooooo uncomfortable, because they aren’t.

For $190, they coulda did a lot better.

No disrespect to you but I kinda hate this mentality fam. I love sneakers but don't be a fanboy and just blindly support bad products. Nike needs to do better, or at least do as well as the did in the past. I'm not asking for Boost/Lunarlon levels of comfort, but it's no excuse for these to be less comfortable than previous 10s.

A fan boy? What ever happened to breaking the shoes in? This release is fine. No complaints here. Expectations are too high.

A fan boy? What ever happened to breaking the shoes in? This release is fine. No complaints here. Expectations are too high.

Shoe looks good. I'm not complaining about that.

If I'm being completely honest, the cushion is just trash. It's not even high expectations at all. I just want these to feel similar to the previous retro 10s. How is that unreasonable? I didnt have to break those in.

All are not made exactly the same. Just saying, don't be to quick to judge the shoe. Wear them a few times. My tens were stiff from the start.

All are not made exactly the same. Just saying, don't be to quick to judge the shoe. Wear them a few times. My tens were stiff from the start.

I wear them to the gym literally every day I go so 3-4 times a week. I have them on right now and they still feel like bricks.

My red and white 10s are over a decade old and feel 100x better than these.

all of u complaining about the tb3s, these 10s, etcetera.....just stop. u clearly never wore ogs. these retros are great. 2006???? different story. but seriously, stop complaining or switch to Adidas like the rest of the kanye posers. my Jordan's are exactly what I want

I wear them to the gym literally every day I go so 3-4 times a week. I have them on right now and they still feel like bricks.

My red and white 10s are over a decade old and feel 100x better than these.
Point taken. I wear my Chicago 10s 2011 to play in and they feel great. I don't play in my shadows so I cant relate.

all of u complaining about the tb3s, these 10s, etcetera.....just stop. u clearly never wore ogs. these retros are great. 2006???? different story. but seriously, stop complaining or switch to Adidas like the rest of the kanye posers. my Jordan's are exactly what I want

Quit being a fanboy. This has nothing to do with Adidas. I love Jordans but these 10s are trash if we're talking about comfort. It's OK to admit that and it doesn't make you any less of a fan of Jordan Brand.

If that's what you want then cool, but don't act like it's not a valid complaint. Luckily I didn't pay $190 for these so I don't feel too bad, but it's not unreasonable to ask for better cushion if the prices keep going up.

Back
Top Bottom