Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

What a joke by Kaws. To blame the lack of transparency with the 'oh I wasn't aware!' act is so garbage. :smh:

they knew what they were doing.

they tried to do the right thing and release online to give more people a shot.

people took advantage by using the backdoor early and ruined it for other people.

it's childish in the aspect that it's basically a grammar school punishment tactic where a few ruin it for the group but in a way you have to respect it.

i do at least, respect it in the way that someone was finally reactive to the state of sneakers were in, where the regular consumer who doesn't have a background in "computer coding" (to say the least) is a at a severe disadvantage.

they didn't pull the release to **** over their fans who want the shoe. they pulled the release to **** over the people who don't play fair. the regular people weren't getting these and we all know that.

and that's not to say i don't respect the people who have computer skills that others don't. more power to them. if your knowledge in anything gives you an advantage in something then by all means props. but on the surface, the majority of regular customers who just manual everything aren't goin to "respect the hustle"

let's be real for a moment. someone mentioned today that while the normal person is refreshing for 24 hours, some kid probably half their age probably has a scraper that pulling code and inventory. in other words if you didn't have a gimmick for these you weren't getting them regardless.

so at the end of the day the only people that suffered were the people exploiting the system anyway.

you have to pick a side on this situation.

Last edited:

people took advantage by using the backdoor early and ruined it for other people.

it's childish in the aspect that it's basically a grammar school punishment tactic where a few ruin it for the group but in a way you have to respect it.

i do at least, respect it in the way that someone was finally reactive to the state of sneakers were in, where the regular consumer who doesn't have a background in "computer coding" (to say the least) is a at a severe disadvantage.

they didn't pull the release to **** over their fans who want the shoe. they pulled the release to **** over the people who don't play fair. the regular people weren't getting these and we all know that.

and that's not to say i don't respect the people who have computer skills that others don't. more power to them. if your knowledge in anything gives you an advantage in something then by all means props. but on the surface, the majority of regular customers who just manual everything aren't goin to "respect the hustle"

let's be real for a moment. someone mentioned today that while the normal person is refreshing for 24 hours, some kid probably half their age probably has a scraper that pulling code and inventory. in other words if you didn't have a gimmick for these you weren't getting them regardless.

so at the end of the day the only people that suffered were the people exploiting the system anyway.

This is dumb. If he wanted to combat bots, he should at least admit that was his reasoning instead of misleading all of his fans. In the end it's the people that wanted the shoes who suffered.

Bots weren't refreshing the page all day long. Bots don't care about this one release when there are hundreds more to make money off of this year. Bots don't suffer.

What a joke by Kaws. To blame the lack of transparency with the 'oh I wasn't aware!' act is so garbage. :smh:

This. He mislead folks and knew what was going on. Should've just been straight and announced after that nonsense happened on the site that the online drop is cancelled. That's it. Then proceed with the event yesterday.

I got my pair already yesterday but that's still foul for those waiting on his site to drop them.

Last edited:

I have to agree and I'm mad pissed, but I'm also respecting the decision... If him pulling the release was a way to say eat a **** fo BOTS then hell yeah and I'm ok with the punishment for all because of some bad kids theory above... also someone above me commented about bots not checking all day.. WRONG I met a kid who had his automated to run all day for certain releasss really bots are as complex or as simple as the coder can make them, and like all other code, there is good bad and middling levels of code... but honestly I'll sleep happy knowing I'll get royals tmrw and some kid who was copping to sell, and talking **** about sneakers are just a hustle and he rocks Vans cause he dgaf took a huge L and now has to turnaround on someone and refund them money

Last edited:
Whats the story with the bots and pulling back the release?

Seen some people on my IG with a pair or two.

Bots pwn anything Shopify, pairs were carted earlier this week, Kaws decided to move online allocation to Brooklyn studio, subsequently no pairs dropped online.

But they still dropped other places.

Hello,

it's my first post, so hi 
happy.gif
 !!

Been looking at this forum forever, just feeling it was the best moment to jump on this psy-kaw-drama...

Honestly this has been the ****tiest release ever, and i've done a lot. (big fan since first aj3 og got released!)

When a previous poster said that this was due to the backdoored attempt that kaws shut down the online it's total bs for many reasons : 

1-it was not a real exploit, it was easy to guess the link, easy to add to cart (from the wishlist), and easy to fill in your infos. Just the payment was not enable. (or maybe was at first but very very few people got through). We even figured out the quantities loaded for each size.

2-when it was discovered, kaws shut this down, put his reaper draw (dated from a 2010 shirt release btw), and never stated it was cancelled.

3-there was a HUGE frenzy being the only official online website selling them directly to customers, and being advertised as is in the official Jordan press release. Kaws didn't ignore it, the website was ready with aj 4 and apparel loaded into it. 

4-when the website detected that some users were reloading the page too many times, their ip got banned. 

So faking ignorance from kaws, or finding him an excuse for blocking hackers is wrong. 

Also, what is more shameful? Some few high skills programmers doing their tricks to get their shoe, or some low level vips, given the chance to buy multiple pairs in front of real fans who had wristbands, who were promised they would get their pair, who waited all day in the rain&cold, and who finally got back home empty handed? Or some thousands online fans waiting 24 full hours refreshing the website?

What i saw in the past 24 h is typical on how Jordan/Nike had behave in the past few high releases. (Air Mags, etc)

As many I loved that pair like crazy,  i wasted my time online, i lost all lotteries too (who most of them also acted like S... by raffling 1/3 of their allocated pairs). I lost respect for Kaws, the man, not the artist, I'm loosing interest in Jays&Nike more and more. I'm not whining. Just stating few things, Nike should look at Nokia, they had an empire. They thought they were invincible and never understood their core clientele. Too bad. Nike has still some advance in the industry but nothing is always given. It's always earned. 

M.

ps: i was banned from Kaws IG who deleted my comments and many other ig negative comments. pfff what an *****. Kaw-nard. (french insult)

To tell you the truth I've seen some of the Kaws Pieces up close and this guy is worth the Hype and More..... HE HAND PAINTS them Cartoon Drawings.... The only thing I can compare it to is Lichtenstein Paintings... Getting up close and seeing Pencil marks and ish like that
Also this Highlights the Power of Nike, and their Formula they've used for years....

People wrote it themselves and handed it to employees, it was their idea not ours, guy said we will get called for a pair but size not guaranteed. While my size would be nice I was there so long as long as I get something I don't give a flying **** what size, could be an 18 for all I care :lol:

Maybe you're the type of creature KAWS was trying to avoid all along

You spend an entire day in the rain and have them offer you a different size, what would you do? Say you're good and leave empty handed? Hell ******* no

This is CUTE. You talk about how just wonderful the art is. Then you bust on a kid who went through a really cr@p official drop in person. We all know he's young and a bit of a hypebeast. So what kind of "creature" are you? Real sophisticated type.

Last edited:
Bots pwn anything Shopify, pairs were carted earlier this week, Kaws decided to move online allocation to Brooklyn studio, subsequently no pairs dropped online.

But they still dropped other places.

Why are people upset then? Wasn't this a good move for the general public? I hate what the bots have done to our culture. It's really spoiled something that was unique and special. Sneakers have now become a damn commodity. It's really unfortunate.

Last edited:
Why are people upset then? Wasn't this a good move for the general public? I hate what the bots have done to our culture. It's really spoiled something that was unique and special. Sneakers have now become a damn commodity. It's really unfortunate.
jordan/nike has never been famous to fight bots. Adidas is. I copped many yeezys and never used anything for it. 

I think people are upset because they never announced that they weren't releasing them online anymore. Had a lot of people sitting at their computers the entire day.

I think people are upset because they never announced that they weren't releasing them online anymore. Had a lot of people sitting at their computers the entire day.

Some people are just always gonna be mad... the comments would of been about how impossible the kws site was if he had dropped, so he really didn't have a fair option... except for maybe drop tmrw at an undisclosed time [emoji]129300[/emoji]

The bottomline, instead of being upfront and honest, he lied. Excuse me, but I'm no fool, so don't try to sell me that garbage. He knew exactly what was going on.

KAWS so Full of it

"Wish he caught it earlier but put the drawing up on his page?"

Wouldn't putting the Grim Reaper up be the same thing??

BS on his part

Back
Top Bottom