Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

do a raffle where you have to pay for tickets, then have the proceeds go to charity. most fair method i can think of.

Last edited:
That was a horrible interview tho nonetheless - i think we can both agree [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Every couple of words from the "editor in chief" of complex was "umm...ummm ummm". Come on man you work in publishing maybe he was starstruck but send someone who can talk straight and at least look at the person you are interviewing instead of the floor.

I'm interested in how this went. What were the clues? Where all did you have to go? Spread out over a large area? Tell us about it. Sounds fun.

Ohh ****! How was the process?

They posted one clue on IG for the past few days as to where the location would be to find a "golden ticket." Then the final clue was this morning. The clues were pretty tough for me, not being an LA native. Had a few friends I was texting the clues to for help. Anyway, final clue was much easier w/ a google search. All but two ppl in line didn't figure it out until the final clue today. I left the house early bc I knew I needed to be close to the city if I had a shot. Was 10 minutes away from the site once the clue went out and my boys hit me up as I was driving and trying to google. Went there and it looked like 15 ppl in line. I was heated. Got in line anyway and 4 of those guys were Union employees / security so I was actually 11th in line out of 13. Pretty crazy. But once 11 hit, they hid the tickets inside/outside the museum and you had about a minute to find it. One at a time. I'm sure they would've let you have more time if needed....if not, that would've sucked! lol. but found it fairly quickly and it was a wrap. they had donuts and coffee inside for you as well if you wanted.

Shout to Union for keeping it fair. I was sure info would get leaked somehow to employees' friends or something, but seems like it didn't. Unless the two guys in the front of the line had inside info or they legit figured out the clues early. They said they were like at like 4am or something. Thankfully security was there and were cool bc they kept the line in check. One dude strolled up at like 10:30 and hopped in the front of the line saying he was there since midnight. smh. they didn't let that fly. Def could've seen some fights breaking out. But it went super smooth overall.

They posted one clue on IG for the past few days as to where the location would be to find a "golden ticket." Then the final clue was this morning. The clues were pretty tough for me, not being an LA native. Had a few friends I was texting the clues to for help. Anyway, final clue was much easier w/ a google search. All but two ppl in line didn't figure it out until the final clue today. I left the house early bc I knew I needed to be close to the city if I had a shot. Was 10 minutes away from the site once the clue went out and my boys hit me up as I was driving and trying to google. Went there and it looked like 15 ppl in line. I was heated. Got in line anyway and 4 of those guys were Union employees / security so I was actually 11th in line out of 13. Pretty crazy. But once 11 hit, they hid the tickets inside/outside the museum and you had about a minute to find it. One at a time. I'm sure they would've let you have more time if needed....if not, that would've sucked! lol. but found it fairly quickly and it was a wrap. they had donuts and coffee inside for you as well if you wanted.

Shout to Union for keeping it fair. I was sure info would get leaked somehow to employees' friends or something, but seems like it didn't. Unless the two guys in the front of the line had inside info or they legit figured out the clues early. They said they were like at like 4am or something. Thankfully security was there and were cool bc they kept the line in check. One dude strolled up at like 10:30 and hopped in the front of the line saying he was there since midnight. smh. they didn't let that fly. Def could've seen some fights breaking out. But it went super smooth overall.

[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] glad you hit man!!

The things they got us doing for sneakers 

congrats tho 
smokin.gif

Wild. Congrats on the whole experience and pickup.
The line cutter part, though, had me cracking up.
F* that guy.

Fantastic 
pimp.gif

[emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji] glad you hit man!!

The things they got us doing for sneakers 

congrats tho :smokin

Wild. Congrats on the whole experience and pickup.
The line cutter part, though, had me cracking up.
F* that guy.

Fantastic :pimp:

:lol:...exactly. I'm too lazy and worn out for that stuff. I don't jump through hoops anymore.

Congrats, 757. Happy for you. 8)

Appreciate that fellas! Hope they somehow make the online release fair and we have some NTers that cook!

can't understand anything the dude is saying and I'm Chinese so I can usually pick apart broken English from thick Asian accent. 

so far the easiest tell is the fuzzy suede patches. Seems like the fakes/unauthorized/bgrades/98%er have less fuzzy suede patches while the authentic looks like Oscar the Grouch hair. And the soles, fakes seem to already emit a slight green glow even tho the GITD isn't fired up. Whereas the real pair has more of a grey translucent sole. Thats why I found it easy to tell that Rob Dollaz pair was fake just from the preview video thumbnail. More like 78%ers lol

Last edited:
My eyes may be lying to me but it looks like the inside from around the air bag in the real pair is grey while it's white on the replica. And like some else said, the real suede in the inserts is more nappy than on the regular.

Can't believe that is the EIC at complex, well I guess I can. Totally unprepared and terrible excecution. Don't blame kaws for being uninterested.

Where are those even sold? Just made in bulk and sold to consignment shops that then sell them for $1500 or can you buy one pair direct from Japan for $200? I have no idea how any if that works.

Back
Top Bottom