Jordan x KAWS 4 Black “Cyber Monday” 11/27/17 release thread

Again I don't need a sneaker head's acceptance or props or need to stunt on anyone. And it's not about a grey shoe it's about the silhouette. I have cement, bred, fire red, dunk from above, mars, royalty and a few more IVs because I like the IV. I also like glow in the dark. Hence why the KAWS pair is dope as opposed to any other grey shoe.

I don't hang around sneaker heads, go to sneaker events or even frequent sneaker boutiques. I work at the highest US contracted water engineering company where I've never seen anyone rock any "heat" on casual Friday. and all but 2 of my friends whom I hardly see have no idea about sneakers. So again who's respect am I trying to attain?

And every shoe doesn't have me going on treasure hunts or sitting in front of my comp all day.
You don't "need to stunt on anyone" yet the length of justification to wear fake sneakers to "sneaker heads" is ridiculous. I wouldn't "hang around sneaker heads, go to sneaker events or even frequent sneaker boutiques" if I were wearing fakes either. Even if you don't own fakes, so much implications just shows your perception on owning fakes and your idea of a sneaker head. 

You work at a water company plain and simple. There's a vast majority of ways someone can be a "sneaker head" without wearing heat, and if your justification on not looking for acceptance or respect for wearing fakes or not, then why say everything you said to a forum full of "sneaker heads"? 

No need to be above a group of people to enjoy sneakers or to justify your opinions/views. Just share your opinion.

Personally, I don't feel comfortable owning 1 pair of fakes in my collection. Even if they are 99% spot on and no one will notice. If it is too expensive, I just admire the shoe without ever owning such as Air Mags or Red Octobers. Some things you just have to live with the fact that you can't afford to be spending that much. 
^^ This!

JB got dudes out here talking like its cool to buy fakes because they got the real deal. I wasn't aware a double standard existed that made it ok to buy fakes if you had the real deal. Fufu be fufu, they don't make em two ways for different groups of people.
laugh.gif

Counterfeit products are a cancer to any culture centered on collecting a company's products. The reasons why have been discussed at length on this forum for years. Supporting these trash companies by buying their products only enables them to keep doing what they do. If someone wants to be part of that problem then that's on them, just don't come on NT trying to rationalize your behavior. NT was formed out of the love for collecting Nike products, which is obvious by the name given to the site. This should be the last place someone goes to discuss their fufu ways. 

^^ This!

JB got dudes out here talking like its cool to buy fakes because they got the real deal. I wasn't aware a double standard existed that made it ok to buy fakes if you had the real deal. Fufu be fufu, they don't make em two ways for different groups of people.
laugh.gif

Counterfeit products are a cancer to any culture centered on collecting a company's products. The reasons why have been discussed at length on this forum for years. Supporting these trash companies by buying their products only enables them to keep doing what they do. If someone wants to be part of that problem then that's on them, just don't come on NT trying to rationalize your behavior. NT was formed out of the love for collecting Nike products, which is obvious by the name given to the site. This should be the last place someone goes to discuss their fufu ways. 
This aint no culture.

Only time I'd buy fakes is if I owned the real thing but they were too valuable for me to comfortably wear without worrying something would happen to them. In that case i may wear the fake and stock the real. I have rral kaws on the way but i don't think I'll be buying fakes, but I'd be lying if the idea wasn't tempting.

but would you take a monkey out and have a beautiful wife at home?

Yeah I see nothing wrong with it. Personally I don't own a pair of fakes but I also wouldn't pay $2000 for a pair of $10 shoes made in China. I can very easily see why someone would rather just go for a look alike/fake and enjoy the shoe, wear it and beat it up instead of paying $2000 for it and crying about it every time they get wet. If you're cool with fakes, go for it. If there were a shoe that I absolutely loved and felt the need to own, I know I'd probably rather just get a fake than pay over a thousand for the real ones. 

Some people have some weird sense of loyalty to a company(even if the company doesn't care about it's customers at all) and they just won't even look twice at a fake. Other people are just bothered at a personal level by fakes and feel uncomfortable owning or wearing a fake pair. If it doesn't bother you personally, go for it. I personally think it's smarter to buy a rep than pay $1500-$2000 for a real pair, unless of course you're rolling in money. As long as you can enjoy whatever you buy, no need to justify yourself to someone who disagrees with fakes. 

Personally, I don't feel comfortable owning 1 pair of fakes in my collection. Even if they are 99% spot on and no one will notice. If it is too expensive, I just admire the shoe without ever owning such as Air Mags or Red Octobers. Some things you just have to live with the fact that you can't afford to be spending that much. 
yea we don't do fakes, whoever contemplates owning em is fugazi

View media item 2393654It came with receipt and i was still paranoid lol...

If I WERE posting here for a weeks and never had a pair I would move on and find a pair before its saturated with fakes...

I even asked for a cc statement and Im having shoe gallery email me the transaction confirmation.... LOL

Yeah I see nothing wrong with it. Personally I don't own a pair of fakes but I also wouldn't pay $2000 for a pair of $10 shoes made in China. I can very easily see why someone would rather just go for a look alike/fake and enjoy the shoe, wear it and beat it up instead of paying $2000 for it and crying about it every time they get wet. If you're cool with fakes, go for it. If there were a shoe that I absolutely loved and felt the need to own, I know I'd probably rather just get a fake than pay over a thousand for the real ones. 

Some people have some weird sense of loyalty to a company(even if the company doesn't care about it's customers at all) and they just won't even look twice at a fake. Other people are just bothered at a personal level by fakes and feel uncomfortable owning or wearing a fake pair. If it doesn't bother you personally, go for it. I personally think it's smarter to buy a rep than pay $1500-$2000 for a real pair, unless of course you're rolling in money. As long as you can enjoy whatever you buy, no need to justify yourself to someone who disagrees with fakes. 
theres just levels to how involved people are in this whole sneaker thing. I personally dont  care whether or not another man is wearing fakes because i honestly dont care what another man is wearing at all. I'm generally not as interested in sneakers as much as I used to be and even less interested in collecting as i get older. but when i was picking up every release and really invested and apart of the "culture" I'd have a much less than neutral position on the matter. 

theres just levels to how involved people are in this whole sneaker thing. I personally dont  care whether or not another man is wearing fakes because i honestly dont care what another man is wearing at all. I'm generally not as interested in sneakers as much as I used to be and even less interested in collecting as i get older. but when i was picking up every release and really invested and apart of the "culture" I'd have a much less than neutral position on the matter. 
Yup and I think that's totally cool, you've got a personal preference and you buy according to that without calling others "fufu" or "fugazi" loll. That's kind of immature, I feel like as you get older and wiser you understand that there are more serious issues out there in the world and it really doesn't matter if someone else is getting fakes. As for trying to discuss purchasing reps on a sneaker forum, I agree, not the greatest idea loll. 

You don't "need to stunt on anyone" yet the length of justification to wear fake sneakers to "sneaker heads" is ridiculous. I wouldn't "hang around sneaker heads, go to sneaker events or even frequent sneaker boutiques" if I were wearing fakes either. Even if you don't own fakes, so much implications just shows your perception on owning fakes and your idea of a sneaker head. 

You work at a water company plain and simple. There's a vast majority of ways someone can be a "sneaker head" without wearing heat, and if your justification on not looking for acceptance or respect for wearing fakes or not, then why say everything you said to a forum full of "sneaker heads"? 

No need to be above a group of people to enjoy sneakers or to justify your opinions/views. Just share your opinion.

I've never once put myself above anyone.

And why exactly wouldn't you? What's there to be ASHAMED of hmmmm? My point in stating this was that this "sneaker bubble" many of you so relish in belonging too isn't a part of my life. I don't frequent those places because they're just shoes not a status symbol to me. I like sneakers, been on this board for 14 years, and been into shoes alot longer. No I don't own any fakes but I'm not above adding one to my collection.

My point is if you have some sort of "moral ground" you want to stand on cool. Do you spend or save your money as you see fit. However I'm not going to let the actions of the people that make sneakers a terrible hobby deter me from owning something I want. There's an alternate avenue I'll take it and keep it moving. I'll rock em and if someone "calls me out" i'll agree that they're 98%ers and *shrug* I buy things for me. Unless it's pizza then I buy that for the office.

Back
Top Bottom