Jordan XI '72-10' Release Date: 12/12/15

1974. Being from DC I hated MJ for "The Shot" to beat my Hoyas in the NCAA Chip. We had no idea of the greatness to come. Too bad Len Bias died. I would have loved to see them 2 compete in the L.

Last edited:
80s baby here my dad was a huge Magic fan first NBA finals I watched was Magic vs MJ with him I rooted for Mike even though Magic had playmaking skills like no other but there was something about MJ how he'd soar in the sky with his tongue out gripping the bball n dunked it in a variety of ways just made me want to go outside and start hooping. The Bred 11s are my fav pair even till today but the first pair of jays my dad got me the 10s when mike came back from his first retirement remember it like it was just yesterday.

Last edited:
Malls were smooth. Glad to see it. Jus got home from collecting 7 pairs. Haven't even looked at social media. Any fight vids tho?

Bruh.... You have a better insight on MJ than most of us. I started paying attention to him after he came back from baseball. 5th grade. Black red XIs were my first Js and I've gotten them ever since
laugh.gif
I remember clearly the fan fervor when MJ came back. In fact, there were all kinds of rumors flying weeks before the official announcement because MJ was spotted in numerous gyms playing pick up ball with random people. When MJ was spotted at Bulls practices during the middle of the season, everyone knew he was gearing up for a return. Those were the days...at that point, sneakerheads couldn't wait to start coppin Jordans again.

1974. Being from DC I hated MJ for "The Shot" to beat my Hoyas in the NCAA Chip. We had no idea of the greatness to come. Too bad Len Bias died. I would have loved to see them 2 compete in the L.
Yeah Len Bias man...he was a heck of a player, what a tragedy. Also reminds me of when Reggie Lewis died. I always hated the Celtics (Lakers fan here) but man was Reggie Lewis good.

Everyone born after 1985 is considered "old".

85' baby here :nthat: just turned 30 this year, and my love for sneakers still hasn't slowed down yet. I just dislike the gimmicks and all the loopholes you have to go through to buy what you like. I love certain Retros but I'm also digging the new design kicks i.e. bron 13s.

Yeah Len Bias man...he was a heck of a player, what a tragedy. Also reminds me of when Reggie Lewis died. I always hated the Celtics (Lakers fan here) but man was Reggie Lewis good.

Reggie Lewis death was heartbreaking. My ex's brother was on the court during the pickup game at Northwestern I believe, when he collapsed. I'll never forget him calling her sobbing.

I remember clearly the fan fervor when MJ came back. In fact, there were all kinds of rumors flying weeks before the official announcement because MJ was spotted in numerous gyms playing pick up ball with random people. When MJ was spotted at Bulls practices during the middle of the season, everyone knew he was gearing up for a return. Those were the days...at that point, sneakerheads couldn't wait to start coppin Jordans again.
^^^ This

The 9s and 10s got no love back when I was in middle school.  Penny's were the kicks to have.

When the XIs came out, the game was over.  I remember watching that playoff game and me and my homeboys was like WTF is he wearing (no HDTV back then).

When Ahmad Rashad held them during that sideline interview, that's all we talked about at school.

^^^ This

The 9s and 10s got no love back when I was in middle school.  Penny's were the kicks to have.

When the XIs came out, the game was over.  I remember watching that playoff game and me and my homeboys was like WTF is he wearing (no HDTV back then).

When Ahmad Rashad held them during that sideline interview, that's all we talked about at school.

I remember having to choose between the grant hills and the penny I. Picked penny I but the grants were a force too. Then Iverson turned Jordan into an ice skater.......

^^^ This

Isn't amazing how a superstar's performance on the court is correlated to increase in shoe sales, popularity, and hype. After Penny's career started trending downward, his shoes were no longer selling like they were in '95.

Same thing we're seeing with Steph Curry today. Right now, his signature kicks are popular as heck. Wonder how long before his shoes stop selling because quite frankly, his signature shoe isn't all that in my opinion.

And you're exactly right, people were totally not feelin' the 9s and 10s like they were the 6s, 7s, 8s, 11s, 12s, and 13s.

I remember having to choose between the grant hills and the penny I. Picked penny I but the grants were a force too. Then Iverson turned Jordan into an ice skater.......

:lol:  :lol:

I went to school late that next morning just so I could watch the highlights on SportsCenter

It's like the equivalent of OBJ doing the catch last season. Really put AI on the map for me. I'd say his draft class really defined my generation.
I'm part of the baggy clothes and corn rolls era for sure :lol:

Back
Top Bottom