Jordan XII Brilliant Orange (Women) - July 13, 2023

It's a balance, right? I'm sure Nike's marketing and executives like the exclusivity and resulting feeling of being special that consumers feel, but its got to be a balance between that and, you know, like making sure the demand doesn't so far outpace supply that you have a significant stock of unhappy would-be purchasers.

When shoes aren't available, like Kobes, NT is all abuzz about how terrible it is and how unfair it is. When shoes ARE available, they're "sitting" and NT is all abuzz about how that's somehow a problem.

I also think like 99% of us, me included, have no real idea of the scope of the Nike brand, even just shoe-wise. I mean Jordans and various popular Nike shoes are highest profile but the depth of Nike's product line both currently and historically has to be unmatched by (here's that number again) 99% of businesses out there, save for maybe women's clothing retailers.

There are so many nike shoes that get produced and sold for the average consumer that shops at the likes of kohls, belk, macy's, so on and so on, and that's just talking about the US market. Nikes are sold all over the entire world, whether it's shoes or clothes or gear.

Point being I'm sure when they're planning out manufacturing numbers they have a general formula with a range and then they decide high end or low end based on various factors....but even then there's no accounting for taste. Some of these shoes they think people will care about, nobody does. And **** like the GT Cut, which isn't even that great of a shoe, was on discount before now being like double or even triple (factoring in discounts) the price on resale. So they may come out with something completely stupid like the Roshe Runs and people go absolutely insane over them and pay exorbitant prices, meanwhile you have performance basketball shoes that are excellent that people completely skip over for one reason or another.

For a behemoth like Nike it surely must be a process where you have an immense amount of historical and predictive data, but at the end of the day it's almost like the stock market in predicting what will ultimately happen with the product. Some product could be "sitting" one day and then a high profile athlete goes viral and the stock is all gone and you have 0 plans in place for remanufacture to take advantage of the new demand. Similarly you could have a Kyrie situation where the shoes are ubiquitous among pro basketball players (they were), but the player goes viral for a bad reason, and so the demand dries up. Ah but you could also have an athlete pull a Ja and go viral for a bad reason but people are at a different place with the market and people buy up a subpar shoe because they think ... well I don't want to go into what I think people think, but yet another possibility of what could happen with demand that is unforeseen at the time of production.

Factor in shipping delays, production issues, Enes Kanter :lol: and there's just no way to truly get a pulse on the market to be able to perfectly match supply with demand, because even at the point the product is in people's grubby little hands, they can start in with the "Oh this elephant print isn't to my liking, I'm going to return these and skip this release", on a whim, and influence others to do the same. Or some prominent YouTuber has issues with a defect that's affecting tons of pairs even if its minor, and that changes things.

Or you have products like the Jordan 13, which gets acclaim for being a great looking shoe, wearable casually, and still able to be played in performance wise in 2023, and they release and for some reason 13s just never sell as much as 11s or 12s.

If it were up to me, all Nike stuff would "sit". I don't really care if that ruins resellers ability to price gouge people or affects people's fragile egos (including mine since I've done it before) that have certain shoes and get dismayed when they see a bunch of other people rocking them and it's no longer exclusive to you. I'd love it if every release was widely available.

That said, these WNBA 12s are going to be gone in bigger sizes in like 5 seconds, wish me luck :lol:

It's a balance, right? I'm sure Nike's marketing and executives like the exclusivity and resulting feeling of being special that consumers feel, but its got to be a balance between that and, you know, like making sure the demand doesn't so far outpace supply that you have a significant stock of unhappy would-be purchasers.

When shoes aren't available, like Kobes, NT is all abuzz about how terrible it is and how unfair it is. When shoes ARE available, they're "sitting" and NT is all abuzz about how that's somehow a problem.

I also think like 99% of us, me included, have no real idea of the scope of the Nike brand, even just shoe-wise. I mean Jordans and various popular Nike shoes are highest profile but the depth of Nike's product line both currently and historically has to be unmatched by (here's that number again) 99% of businesses out there, save for maybe women's clothing retailers.

There are so many nike shoes that get produced and sold for the average consumer that shops at the likes of kohls, belk, macy's, so on and so on, and that's just talking about the US market. Nikes are sold all over the entire world, whether it's shoes or clothes or gear.

Point being I'm sure when they're planning out manufacturing numbers they have a general formula with a range and then they decide high end or low end based on various factors....but even then there's no accounting for taste. Some of these shoes they think people will care about, nobody does. And **** like the GT Cut, which isn't even that great of a shoe, was on discount before now being like double or even triple (factoring in discounts) the price on resale. So they may come out with something completely stupid like the Roshe Runs and people go absolutely insane over them and pay exorbitant prices, meanwhile you have performance basketball shoes that are excellent that people completely skip over for one reason or another.

For a behemoth like Nike it surely must be a process where you have an immense amount of historical and predictive data, but at the end of the day it's almost like the stock market in predicting what will ultimately happen with the product. Some product could be "sitting" one day and then a high profile athlete goes viral and the stock is all gone and you have 0 plans in place for remanufacture to take advantage of the new demand. Similarly you could have a Kyrie situation where the shoes are ubiquitous among pro basketball players (they were), but the player goes viral for a bad reason, and so the demand dries up. Ah but you could also have an athlete pull a Ja and go viral for a bad reason but people are at a different place with the market and people buy up a subpar shoe because they think ... well I don't want to go into what I think people think, but yet another possibility of what could happen with demand that is unforeseen at the time of production.

Factor in shipping delays, production issues, Enes Kanter :lol: and there's just no way to truly get a pulse on the market to be able to perfectly match supply with demand, because even at the point the product is in people's grubby little hands, they can start in with the "Oh this elephant print isn't to my liking, I'm going to return these and skip this release", on a whim, and influence others to do the same. Or some prominent YouTuber has issues with a defect that's affecting tons of pairs even if its minor, and that changes things.

Or you have products like the Jordan 13, which gets acclaim for being a great looking shoe, wearable casually, and still able to be played in performance wise in 2023, and they release and for some reason 13s just never sell as much as 11s or 12s.

If it were up to me, all Nike stuff would "sit". I don't really care if that ruins resellers ability to price gouge people or affects people's fragile egos (including mine since I've done it before) that have certain shoes and get dismayed when they see a bunch of other people rocking them and it's no longer exclusive to you. I'd love it if every release was widely available.

That said, these WNBA 12s are going to be gone in bigger sizes in like 5 seconds, wish me luck :lol:
You must be a fast typer.

Really wanted to use my GCs from FTL or FNL for these.

Went the safe route with Nike though. If they ever get them, I’ll just return my OG pair:

Otherwise, I’m RELIEVED!

IMG_4452.jpeg

Other sites with them:

this was an interesting release for me.
let me start off by saying how massively underrated these are. orange flu games. the future is gonna want these.

i was all in on hibbo online. my virtual card declined... my old faithful profile even. then i tried to checkout with my regular card and by the time i got to the checkout button, all size 11.5's were gone.

started to panic and went to ndc. added and got sent to queue UGH!!!.
waiting waiting waiting
"didn't get em"
refresh and try again
waiting waiting waiting.... at this point panic is setting in.
i'm throwing on clothes ready to run out the door to the only dicks location in the state of colorado that has them.
screen pops up and says "didn't get em."

we start running out the door fully expecting SOME sort of line at dicks. mind you, I already confirmed TWICE yesterday that the store is doing FCFS release. Traffic is TERRIBLE and we get to the store about 20 minutes before they open. Nobody there.

Dicks opens their doors and they are doing their standup meeting and theres clearly some confusion with the release. Some lady directs me to follow a guy who is already heading to the shoe section to figure out whats going on for me. I finally get him to come out of the back and he has no idea what i'm talking about.
"they release today?"
"You SURE??"
"what do they look like??"
*asks another instore associate and he has no clue* "I havent seen any dam jordan 12's.... we didnt get those"
the whole time i'm like trust me you have them.
gets on the phone "you know anything about a jordan 12 release?? Yeah exactly i think they were online"
i'm like yes they released online but you have them
"i dont think so. i'll be right back."
THEN after about 5 minutes he comes from the back and he's like........
"They're womens. You still want them??" THIS mfer smh.
"Yes."
I bet he told me no 3 different times. FINALLLLY he comes from the back with my 11.5 like nothing happened. SMHHHHH

I get home, take a nap..... go through my phone notifications and notice a nike notification for an order confirmation.

2 pairs. :pimp:

NeeSX6As.jpg

this was an interesting release for me.
let me start off by saying how massively underrated these are. orange flu games. the future is gonna want these.

i was all in on hibbo online. my virtual card declined... my old faithful profile even. then i tried to checkout with my regular card and by the time i got to the checkout button, all size 11.5's were gone.

started to panic and went to ndc. added and got sent to queue UGH!!!.
waiting waiting waiting
"didn't get em"
refresh and try again
waiting waiting waiting.... at this point panic is setting in.
i'm throwing on clothes ready to run out the door to the only dicks location in the state of colorado that has them.
screen pops up and says "didn't get em."

we start running out the door fully expecting SOME sort of line at dicks. mind you, I already confirmed TWICE yesterday that the store is doing FCFS release. Traffic is TERRIBLE and we get to the store about 20 minutes before they open. Nobody there.

Dicks opens their doors and they are doing their standup meeting and theres clearly some confusion with the release. Some lady directs me to follow a guy who is already heading to the shoe section to figure out whats going on for me. I finally get him to come out of the back and he has no idea what i'm talking about.
"they release today?"
"You SURE??"
"what do they look like??"
*asks another instore associate and he has no clue* "I havent seen any dam jordan 12's.... we didnt get those"
the whole time i'm like trust me you have them.
gets on the phone "you know anything about a jordan 12 release?? Yeah exactly i think they were online"
i'm like yes they released online but you have them
"i dont think so. i'll be right back."
THEN after about 5 minutes he comes from the back and he's like........
"They're womens. You still want them??" THIS mfer smh.
"Yes."
I bet he told me no 3 different times. FINALLLLY he comes from the back with my 11.5 like nothing happened. SMHHHHH

I get home, take a nap..... go through my phone notifications and notice a nike notification for an order confirmation.

2 pairs. :pimp:

NeeSX6As.jpg
A womens 11.5 or Mens? Did they get extended sizing in store?

I "GOT ‘EM” through SNKRS this morning. On my way to work in the AM, I saw that my size was still available in the Nike app, so I pulled the trigger again. However, this time is was for a pick-up locally at NikeSF. They got them after all! Plus, I was able to get 12% cashback via BeFrugal. I LOVE THESE.

Official Image via US11

IMG_3729.jpeg

Is it just me, or do y’all see that the midsole has a streak of red toward the forefoot to mid foot too?

With them in hand, my senses did not deceive me after all when I first saw the official Nike images. In certain lighting, the anterior midsole/strip is a darker Orange compared to the Orange on the other sections. I wish it was all uniform. Nonetheless, I still MF'in LOVE this cw!

Back
Top Bottom