1695826352279.gif

1695865030380.png

1695865047620.png

Air Jordan 14
Color: Black/Black-White-University Red
Style Code: 487471-016
Release Date: December 20, 2023
Price: $200

A little too boring. A nice black/white/red bulls colorway of these hasn't been done, but this isn't going to be it either. A lot of cool prototypes were floating around back in the day before he retired and they went white/black/indiglo.

These are just another damn panda color gimmick pair of shoes with them having more black than white. 🙄

And I've been enjoying reading all the flak and jokes about these that y'all have posted since actual photos came out this week. 😆

Last edited:
Maybe I’m just out of touch with what Js are popular with kids 20 years younger than me, but these aren’t the days of one retro a month. If you’re coppin these at full price for $200, what will you not buy that they put out?

Personally I don’t have 5+ grand a year to toss away on awful retro+ colorways with zero thought behind them, but it seems like some people do. To sit in a closet? No resale value down the road? And if you’re on any kind of budget I can’t see how this XIV moves the needle for you.

I’d rather see 20 great retros a year than 50+ when it nets you garbage like this. Almost like a corporate litmus test of demand for the lowest effort product at the highest prices they’ve ever charged for them. It’s really diluting the brand’s image. Materials can even be great but enough consumers eventually see through the cash grab. If they keep this up they might crash the secondary market for the first time in 15 years.

Back
Top Bottom