Jordan XVII Low Lightning - May 30, 2024

Change that yellow to red on the low 17's and we'll have a sell out.
I would cop in a heart beat
20230415_202844.jpg

Something related to the XVII.

Fun fact, the black mid shown on this post, has 3 lace holes as opposed to the standard 4. My original college blues also had 3 holes. They were a sz 7.5. The 4 lace holes were only on sz 8 and above. So the black mid shown on the post is either a men’s sz 7 or 7.5.

Only us old school small footers would know this info. :lol:

Ah the 17 lows..could’ve been my first Jordan’s back in the day but when I finally saved enough money to buy the all black lows on sale for $99 at footlocker they told me it was all sold out.

I’ve had a few pairs of 17’s later on including the college blues and lightening lows so I’d be interested in these depending on the color way. I would love to see the white/unc’s come back since I’ve always wanted those.

I always liked the lows better than the mids for the xvii. These were in the height if the jb gimmick era. The ankle shroud gimmick on the lows is less obnoxious than the lace cover on the mids. The lace cover might be the dumbest, most useless gimmick out of all the gimmicks on signature jordans. The Carolina colorway was the best imo. The college blue is ok, I never loved the colorblocking on it. White and reds were solid. The black and silver pair was weak, and then to top it off a low version of the same colorway was released! I think the xvii has potential, but the og colorways were among the worst of playing era mjs. The xviii had better corblocking than the xvii.

Fun fact, the black mid shown on this post, has 3 lace holes as opposed to the standard 4. My original college blues also had 3 holes. They were a sz 7.5. The 4 lace holes were only on sz 8 and above. So the black mid shown on the post is either a men’s sz 7 or 7.5.

Only us old school small footers would know this info. :lol:
These are the ones I had back in the day. Note the 3 lace holes. I was wearing them through the spring of 2017 with the insole removed for extra room, until they finally started to fall apart on me.
3CC3FF29-9308-4AE9-8E23-A5A9A95B976D.jpeg

Last edited:
JB, cut the bull**** and give me what I want...
jordan101-xvii-summary.jpg

It definitely has to be an original color because it would be awkward if they rehashed a signature model version for the first time ever in an unoriginal color predicated on their history with re-releasing stuff.

I was never a fan of the XVII.

That's exactly what I was thinking before y'all two posted that. I don't understand why they didn't go with rehashing a mid in an original color instead of a low. I would have assumed they would rehash a low much later after a few re-releases of the mid.

We all know it would be a jacked up price if they rehash a mid and include the metal briefcase in current times. It makes wonder if they would include it if they rehash a mid.

With the pending re-release of a low, I'm pretty sure it should be inevitable with a mid re-releasing in the future.

They’re so annoying. I just want college blue 17s bruh why lows???

Because they figure, most people who care about 17s want the OG mids. If we drop those first, no one will buy the lows later. So let’s try to get everyone who wants mids to buy lows to feed their desire. Then they’ll also buy mids later.

I didn’t appreciate the 17s enough at the time. Nearly bought the white/blue mids and lows. Couldn’t convince myself to pay the price for mids, and I guess I just didn’t get around to actually buying the lows. These days I mostly want those OG mids. Can probably control myself and let the lows pass me by again but maybe not. Definitely like that pair, too 🤣

What really sucks about this news is that it appears to indicate the mids are still a long way away from returning, if the lows are a full year out as of now.

Back
Top Bottom