Jordans- Real Leather

I was wondering are Air Jordans made from real leather? More of the new releases seem plastic.

I was wondering are Air Jordans made from real leather? More of the new releases seem plastic.

i have the retro blk & grey 1's they felt like real leather & smelled like it too..but most retro now have a harder leather than the older retro's smh

i have the retro blk & grey 1's they felt like real leather & smelled like it too..but most retro now have a harder leather than the older retro's smh

Originally Posted by airpito7

which aint bad at all. it actually is better in some ways
yes bro the shoes are real leather lol

Originally Posted by airpito7

which aint bad at all. it actually is better in some ways
yes bro the shoes are real leather lol

Yes and No. The recent releases of the Flint 13's and the White/Red 12's have real leather with the exception of the tongues. You can feel the difference and if you also look real closely at the seams, the real leather has real leather look but the tongues have that pleather look.

Yes and No. The recent releases of the Flint 13's and the White/Red 12's have real leather with the exception of the tongues. You can feel the difference and if you also look real closely at the seams, the real leather has real leather look but the tongues have that pleather look.

^^ LOL, I can pretty much assure you 100% that the 09 white/red 12s are NOT real leather, anywhere on the shoe.

^^ LOL, I can pretty much assure you 100% that the 09 white/red 12s are NOT real leather, anywhere on the shoe.

Yes and no. Real leather is used on some Jordans, but its far and few between. The most recent ones off the top of my head that used real leather were the White/Varsity Red VIs, Motorsport VIs, Oreo VIs, and Black/Shadow Grey Is. A few Jordan Is here and there use real leather too..I know there was a pair of Black/ University Blue AJ 1 straps and they had a leather similar to the Yeezys. Also, the XIIIs look like they use real leather.

Yes and no. Real leather is used on some Jordans, but its far and few between. The most recent ones off the top of my head that used real leather were the White/Varsity Red VIs, Motorsport VIs, Oreo VIs, and Black/Shadow Grey Is. A few Jordan Is here and there use real leather too..I know there was a pair of Black/ University Blue AJ 1 straps and they had a leather similar to the Yeezys. Also, the XIIIs look like they use real leather.

poor cows
frown.gif
wink.gif

As far as I can tell, some do, and some do not. Pleather tends to stiffen and degrade at lower temperatures, but the kind JB uses still seems somewhat durable, so I can't be sure if you can still test that way.
The Laser Vs for instance, do, as I have a pair, and the leather used on each shoe actually feels different from that on the  other, although it looks more or less the same, which most likely means that the material actually came from two different sources as opposed to being commercially synthesized. And they hold up amazingly well too, even though I've beat them into oblivion. Most older retroes prior to 2006 like the XIIIs did indeed use real leather as well. The 2010-11 XIII retroes on the other hand, seem to use pleather. I have a pair of 2010 Flints, and the top white layer of the toebox is actually peeling off after a single small scratch. The tongues are just plain old plastic. It's very rare of JB to put genuine leather on a GR these days.

I haven't even taken a look at last year's XIIs, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was pleather anyway.

I'm not sure whether the stuff used on the MS VIs is genuine or synthetic, but it's still of pretty high quality.

The Oreo and White Varsities both used pleather, IIRC.

As far as I can tell, some do, and some do not. Pleather tends to stiffen and degrade at lower temperatures, but the kind JB uses still seems somewhat durable, so I can't be sure if you can still test that way.
The Laser Vs for instance, do, as I have a pair, and the leather used on each shoe actually feels different from that on the  other, although it looks more or less the same, which most likely means that the material actually came from two different sources as opposed to being commercially synthesized. And they hold up amazingly well too, even though I've beat them into oblivion. Most older retroes prior to 2006 like the XIIIs did indeed use real leather as well. The 2010-11 XIII retroes on the other hand, seem to use pleather. I have a pair of 2010 Flints, and the top white layer of the toebox is actually peeling off after a single small scratch. The tongues are just plain old plastic. It's very rare of JB to put genuine leather on a GR these days.

I haven't even taken a look at last year's XIIs, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was pleather anyway.

I'm not sure whether the stuff used on the MS VIs is genuine or synthetic, but it's still of pretty high quality.

The Oreo and White Varsities both used pleather, IIRC.

Originally Posted by jcollectr

^You sir, are incorrect!! Prove it.

What is there to prove? Compare the white/red 12s to a shoe that uses genuine leather (especially a non-Nike), and you would be floored by the difference. The 12s have the exact same super thin, plastic/cardboard like leather JB uses on the majority of Retros. I don't know if the tumbled effect fooled you or what, but that does not make them real leather.

Originally Posted by jcollectr

^You sir, are incorrect!! Prove it.

What is there to prove? Compare the white/red 12s to a shoe that uses genuine leather (especially a non-Nike), and you would be floored by the difference. The 12s have the exact same super thin, plastic/cardboard like leather JB uses on the majority of Retros. I don't know if the tumbled effect fooled you or what, but that does not make them real leather.

Back
Top Bottom