Judge sentenced Jalen Rose to 20 days jail 1st DUI .12 BAC Detroit

If you don't have any priors then you really get a slap on the wrist. I can't say it's a race or status thing. My homey (who's black) caught a DUI in a mostly white town down here in Georgia. They gave him a $500 fine, no jail time and no points would go on his license. It was his first DUI. That there was a unbelievable 

JD214 wrote:

and Jalen Rose is racist himself.

And this statement is based on...?
indifferent.gif

do work son wrote:

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

jalen rose said that duke wouldn't recruit him and they only recruited "uncle toms" or something to the effect.

What's really funny to me is that Rose's comment that you're posting here is more about social economic class than it is about race. But carry on though...

Originally Posted by DMoney82

If you don't have any priors then you really get a slap on the wrist. I can't say it's a race or status thing. My homey (who's black) caught a DUI in a mostly white town down here in Georgia. They gave him a $500 fine, no jail time and no points would go on his license. It was his first DUI. That there was a unbelievable 

damn he got off super easy

JD214 wrote:
Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

wasn't there a football player that killed a guy while driving under the influence, and he got like 30 days?

It was Donte' Stallworth, he killed a Hispanic. He only served 24 of the 30 days.
30t6p3b.gif

and Jalen Rose is racist himself.

If y'all are wondering why Gran Hill is posted on this thread, Here's it is

THE BEST video i've ever seen on NT.

Originally Posted by TiZzlexiPhone

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I hear ya, Pro....These athletes/entertainers get nothing but the usual slaps on the wrist for DUIs and the one time a judge actually upholds the law to a certain extent, it's gotta be racism....

Good for the judge.
Precisely, I got 2 DUI's in one week they gave me 45days in the county, and 90days EHM (ankle bracelet) and 2 1,000 fines, + victims panel & drug assessment. I had a good lawyer. Judges don't ever really make the decision, they go w/ the prosecutors recommendation, and the judge just co-sign's.
grin.gif
how could you get 2 DUIs in one week? 
are you mentally disabled?

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Seriously? Its not illegal to drink and drive though. Its illegal to be impaired over the limit. A person license should not be revoked for life because they made one mistake.

Thats like saying your license should be revoked if you forgot to use your turn signals. Dude BAC was only .12 and he is a big man so I m pretty sure he was mildly buzzed.

Like i said its not illegal to drink and drive

If you're behind the wheel and you're "mildly" buzzed, well...your driving could be impaired.  Reflexes, amongst other things might be a tad off....could be the difference between life/death. 

It's not illegal to be UNDER the limit and drive....but I don't care how slim the margin was that he was over the limit...bottom line, he was over the limit and CHOSE to drive.  He deserves whatever sentence he got. 

No, he's right. Driving with a level of .12 doesn't mean he's drunk, everyone has a different tolerance to alcohol. Someone with .02 BAC could be just as dangerous as someone with a .12.

These tests don't test the ability to drive, they test the alcohol level in the body, which doesn't determine someones ability to drive. You are more likely to get hit by someone who falls asleep at the wheel, but "falling asleep at the wheel" isn't illegal.

I have a patient now that has Multiple Sclerosis, which disrupts someones central nervous system. They suffer from loss of balance, poor coordination, problems moving their extremities. This patient has a card signed by his neurologist stating "This person will not pass a coordination test.", that is specifically for Police if they get pulled over. So these people should be allowed to drive? The card is telling you that the person has abnormal reflexes, but yet is still allowed to drive?
laugh.gif
Where did I say he was drunk?  All I said was that just because he may be mildly buzzed he MIGHT have impaired driving.  No matter how high you think your tolerance is, there's a chance your reflexes amongst other things could be a fraction of a second slower.  THAT is the difference between life and death when someone chooses to drive after they've had a couple of drinks. 

Its amazing how people are still judging Jalen Rose of how he felt when he was 19 and him talking about it at 35 and totally feeling different about it now and realized he was wrong then for judging those players.

I like Jalen but I don't see this as a bad thing.

I'm sure he'd be willing to spend that time.

Sucks, but that's the consequence.

did not get offf easy i saw dui cases 1500 dollar fine keeps liscense and everything 20 days in jail is a %!%!!%$ bid haha

Originally Posted by JD617

Dude BAC was only .12 and he is a big man so I m pretty sure he was mildly buzzed.
That's not how BAC works. Body weight is already factored in. A .12 BAC is the same level of drunkenness for a 150 pound man as it is for a 300 pound guy. The difference is the amount of alcohol it takes to get there.
No its not. 100% correct. Even officers said its a difference and they did various studies on it.

When i got my DUi I was a .24 and very fine even officer thought I would pass. a women small frame came in and she had a .09 bac and was off the chain. couldnt stand straight.

Do you research holmes

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

He didn't get off light but 20 days for a DUI isn't harsh, either. He put lives at risk and no amount of charity work or good will changes that. Those things play no part in his choosing that night to drive drunk. He's mature enough to know that despite his lawyer's protest. Hell, he was lucky enough that ESPN took him right back after the DUI.

You put lives at risk when you text and talk on your phone. Do you deserve 20 days if your car slipped on ice and you feel in a ditch while talking texting on your phone?

Originally Posted by TiZzlexiPhone

I hear ya, Pro....These athletes/entertainers get nothing but the usual slaps on the wrist for DUIs and the one time a judge actually upholds the law to a certain extent, it's gotta be racism....

Good for the judge.
Precisely, I got 2 DUI's in one week they gave me 45days in the county, and 90days EHM (ankle bracelet) and 2 1,000 fines, + victims panel & drug assessment. I had a good lawyer. Judges don't ever really make the decision, they go w/ the prosecutors recommendation, and the judge just co-sign's.
grin.gif

Prosecuter said no jail time also..

Also for people saying he is a racist. let me define this for all of you who got F's your report card.

definition of Racist- when 1 believes that his race is superior over all others. Jalen never said, BLACKS ARE SUPERIOR TO ALL RACES. Read a book before you throw words out that you obviously dont know the meaning of. Idiot. Jalen was MISGUIDED and PREJUDICE of BLACK PEOPLE who chose to attend DUKE and of DUKE UNIVERSITY as an institution. That non sense you talk would get shut down in a conversation with me

The FACT is Duke DOES recruit a certain type of players. That is the truth. They DO NOT recruit inner-city urban low-income kids...That is a fact....Also, he said thats how he felt at 17 years old! Not now. He had no filter a most kids don't. But everybody overlooks that. Does he think Grant Hill is an uncle tom? NO because he's not. And NOBODY has YET to address the RACIST LETTER FROM DUKE ALUMNI........NOT EVEN THE UNIVERSITY.........

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]UPDATE:[/color] Ok so i read more about the judge. She is the toughest judge on DUI's in the nation. They said she lost a family member to somebody who was dui.. She is the only judge int he nation who sentence 1st time DUI jail time.

The Detroit Free Press actually just published a report highlighting Judge Small as "one of the toughest in the nation on first-time drunken driving offenders." She typically recommends between 14 and 30 days in jail, which is consistent with Rose's sentence. More: http://www.freep.com/arti...runken-driving-offenders

For those not in the know, 1st time DUI south of 8 Mile jail time is almost never served, 1st time DUI north of 8 mile jail time is almost always served. This isn't really a race issue in my eyes, he happened to do it in the burbs where the penalty is stiffer. 

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Dude is about his Detroit community, gives back, started Jalen Rose School for children, clean record, had letters written from the mayor pleading for no jail time and also the probation recommended no jail time.

With all this the judge gave him 92 days with only 20 days to server the rest is suspended.

Jalen got a DUI charge in a high end Detroit suburb west Bloomfield. Racist town. I stay in Farmington Hills.

Its clear the Judge was a racist. Dude BAC was only .12. Heck my first DUI in detroit my bac was .24 and I had a record and I didnt even get any jail time

[color= rgb(0, 0, 255)]UPDATE:[/color] Ok so i read more about the judge. She is the toughest judge on DUI's in the nation. They said she lost a family member to somebody who was dui.. She is the only judge int he nation who sentence 1st time DUI jail time.

The Detroit Free Press actually just published a report highlighting Judge Small as "one of the toughest in the nation on first-time drunken driving offenders." She typically recommends between 14 and 30 days in jail, which is consistent with Rose's sentence. More: http://www.freep.com/arti...runken-driving-offenders

http://toronto.ctv.ca/ser...0727/?hub=TorontoNewHome
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. — Former Toronto Raptor Jalen Rose was sentenced to 20 days in jail Wednesday for a drunken-driving crash along a snowy suburban Detroit road.
Rose, a college star at the University of Michigan, actually was sentenced to 92 days in custody, but District Court Judge Kimberly Small suspended all but 20. He was also given a year of probation.

"You're not here because you drank. I have no problem with that; have at it," the judge said. "I do mind when you get behind the wheel of a two-ton vehicle and use it as a weapon against the rest of us."

Rose pleaded guilty in May. At that time, he said he veered off a West Bloomfield Township road in March after drinking six martinis. His blood-alcohol content was 0.12 per cent, above Michigan's legal driving limit of 0.08. No one was injured.

"I have no one to blame but myself for endangering the community," Rose said in court Wednesday.

Rose's lawyer, James Burdick, noted that the probation department did not recommend jail.

"The people have hired me, not my probation department," the judge replied.

Prominent people sent letters to the court supporting Rose, including Detroit Mayor Dave Bing. Rose, a Detroit native, is opening a school in the city that will bear his name.

"Judge Small, for what it's worth, I fully believe Jalen was being truthful to me when he stated, 'I will never drink and drive again or ever be in any other court for any violation of the law,"' Bing wrote.

Rose played 13 NBA seasons and now is a pro basketball analyst at ESPN.
Judge smalls is the worst.  She hates everyone, not just blacks.  I went to groves and everyone hates her

more bad news for Jalen Rose....
[h1][/h1]
[h1]Rose gets speeding ticket shortly after sentencing[/h1]CLAWSON, Mich. (AP)—Former NBA player and ESPN analyst Jalen Rose wasgiven a speeding ticket in suburban Detroit hours after he was sentenced tonearly three weeks in jail for drunken driving, authorities said Thursday.
Rose was clocked going 46 mph in a 25-mph zone shortly before 9 p.m. onWednesday night, Clawson Police Chief Harry Anderson said. He was given acitation for going at least 10 mph over the limit.

Rose’s attorney did not immediately return a message left seeking comment.

Rose was sentenced earlier Wednesday to 20 days in jail for a Marchdrunken-driving crash near Detroit. He pleaded guilty to driving whileintoxicated in May and apologized in a brief statement.

After playing at the University of Michigan as part of the Fab Five, Roseplayed for six teams during a 13-year NBA career, including six years with theIndiana Pacers. He currently works for ESPN as a pro basketball analyst.

Rose is scheduled to begin serving his jail term Tuesday, though defenseattorney Keith Davidson has said they might appeal before then.

Several prominent figures, including Detroit Mayor Dave Bing, had writtenletters to the court asking for leniency. Rose, who is from Detroit, is openinga school in the city that will bear his own name.

Rose’s actual sentence is 92 days in jail and one year’s probation, but 48thDistrict Court Judge Kimberly Small suspended 72 days of the sentence. Rosereceived credit for the night he spent in jail after the crash.

Link

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom