June Wrestling Thread 2021 | AEW | Sasha Banks is JOTM

Favorite Show This Year?

• Total voters
probably be nbcu or disney
amazon may be a name that gets thrown in as a potential buyer

thats nuts man vince tryna get his george lucas on.

if wwe is sold that means better product right?

I ain't getting too hyped about no sale till they say who's in charge of booking/creative.

thats nuts man vince tryna get his george lucas on.

if wwe is sold that means better product right?

That's what it meant for Star Wars, right?

mase-gif (1).gif

It’s the one I was looking forward to the most. Jake had an insane story and I’m interested to hearing more about his family and the craziness they went through..

His dad was a pedo.

If it's true about him raping a 13 year old :smh:

Lana maybe but Braun should go Hollywood. I dont think the indies is for either of them build up the name make a movie or two then come back for a rumble or night after Mania. Lana was improving and it sucks b/c i thought her and Naomi would be a good team to cheer for once crowds were back. Maybe she goes to Miro and just is the mouthpiece or there for looks but i think Miro should be solo for a while.

Can Braun get a Marvel check?

This grizzly smith vice thing have me shaking my head ..... nasty individual and I could see why Jake had demons ...... sick sick man

Leave any questions or comments here, or contact us via twitter:

Fumi Saito: @fumihikodayo
Justin Knipper: @justinmknipper
(Originally published on April 6, 2021)

This week’s episode kicks off the beginning of our profile series on Stan Hansen. In part one, we went over Hansen vs. Bruno Sammartino at Shea Stadium & MSG before diving into his early years as a pro wrestler in 1973, when Hansen debuted in El Paso, Texas, and then his first tour of Japan in 1975 for Giant Baba’s AJPW.

Additionally, we discussed Hansen’s time playing football at West Texas State University (now West Texas A&M) and later hooking up with the Funks in Amarillo before diving deep into the background of his relationship and training days with Jumbo Tsuruta in Texas.

The latter half of today’s episode centers on Hansen’s longtime friendship with Bruiser Brody and the ensuing turf war between AJPW and NJPW, where both became centerpieces in the mid-’80s promotional battle. Hansen spent 1977–1981 with NJPW before jumping back to AJPW and forming.

Other topics we hit in part one:
The beginnings of Hansen and Brody’s philosophy towards pro wrestling based on poor treatment from Bill Watts in Mid-South; Hansen & Baba’s unique and long-lasting friendship; Hansen vs. Riki Choshu; Stan’s love of Japanese toilets; Hansen holding the same status as John Wayne in Japan, plus details on how Baba and AJPW orchestrated the AWA title change for Hansen in 1985.On our next episode, we’ll cover Hansen’s later years in AJPW, from the late ’80s and into the ’90s.

Bout to watch the Warrior DSOTR mostly to see what info is or isn’t in the A&E Biography

Back
Top Bottom