June Wrestling Thread 2021 | AEW | Sasha Banks is JOTM

Favorite Show This Year?

• Total voters
What are y'alls thoughts on wrestlers changing promotions but keeping the same gimmick just with a different name? Like IRS Man in WWF and VK Wall Street in WCW?
Is it just laziness? Lack of creativity?

WCW NITRO 5/13/96

Wack show overall but I guess they it was just build up to Slamboree.
Nice outing by The Steiners. They showed their stuff vs. Public Enemy. They should be in a story line vs. HH for the titles by this time. PE is just messing up the tag division.

The Lex Luger camping out segment was the most memorable part of this episode. Your boy had a fly squatter and everything. :lol:

Canadian Crippler appearance! Always good to see this man in the ring. Perfect heir to the new 4 Horsemen.

Macho man segment trying to get into the Building :rofl:Love it

Ric Flair was really stepping on boundaries. Playing around with two men's wives and dropping lines about playing wide receiver with them.

The Giant vs. Lex Luger - I expected more from this since they kept hyping Lex getting a title shot for 3 straight weeks. Turned out to be a squash match.
The table spot looked deadly. Well sold. Wasn't Flair fighting The Giant just a few weeks earlier for the belt and pulling off every dirty trick in the book? Before that they were together and now during the Table spot Ric was edging him on? Inconsistent storytelling with these two

What are y'alls thoughts on wrestlers changing promotions but keeping the same gimmick just with a different name? Like IRS Man in WWF and VK Wall Street in WCW?
Is it just laziness? Lack of creativity?

It's a business, changing your gimmick, messes up what is already established, no one has time to keep building themselves over and over again.

How are you a GM and not realize this?

It's a business, changing your gimmick, messes up what is already established, no one has time to keep building themselves over and over again.

How are you a GM and not realize this?
It seems to not do the wrestler any good and they'll never reach the same success with the "B" gimmick
If you're not going to be the exact same character with the exact same name then come up with something fresh.

Who bought Summerslam tickets? I'm thinking about it..
tenor.gif

ValidReliableIndusriverdolphin-size_restricted.gif

Who bought Summerslam tickets? I'm thinking about it..
tenor.gif

My lady grabbed a pair as part of my Father’s Day present. I’m pretty hype about going. Got back into watching wrestling over quarantine when there was nothing else poppin andI’m hooked lol. First wwe live show I’ve attended since a Monday Night Raw at the old Arrowhead Pond back in like 2000ish

Back
Top Bottom