Junior Seau committed suicide

Man, I can't even comprehend the state of mind dude was in...

But after watching the videos of his mother and M. Wiley, I can't help but think "why did you have to do that to your Mom dude..."

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

I hate to be a jerk and say it, but at what point does it take for people to realize that shots to the head will leave repercussions down the road?  Seau didn't think about this when playing football?  I'm sure ALL ATHLETES realize the risks involved with sports.  If that's the case, they might as well outlaw MMA.  I personally dislike the promotion of such sport anyhow.  Still, the issue of a concussion and his suicide cannot be bridged together.

You have people fighting for their lives day in and day out at the hospital, but here you have Seau comitting suicide?  What good is killing yourself?  He could've put himself up for clinical tests and done better than to just end his life.  Still, it is tragic.

Also, SMH at the upcoming weeks and months about how heroic and great this player was. ESPN will be all over it, his picture will be on the cover of magazines with quick durations, much like Joe Paterno.  The whole process will rinse and repeat, 'again'.  But most of all, SMH at the 'after-the-fact' revelations about how they didn't know he had mental concerns.

Not sure if funny, but Seau proally hurt a lot more people unintentionally with repercussions not in the media.

Please sit down in a corner and shut up .

Originally Posted by gllahone84

YOLO

laugh.gif
 to soon

Dang RIP. When I was in San Diego last year I specifically went to Seau's because I was such a fan.

I hope this heightens the discussion of repeated hits to the head + steroid abuse over an extended period of time.

This is all too Chris Benoit !$%.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Originally Posted by Regal Black

crazy that he's the 8th member of the 1994 Chargers team to pass away. All died before the age of 45

Wow didn't know this
supposedly the average life span for an NFL player is around 52-55.

Back
Top Bottom