Just bought a pair of Air Max 95 ‘Greedy’ off StockX and the uppers have some weird smears?

*The smears arn’t as dominate on the infrared/safety orange lace holes side of the right shoe as they are on the side of the left shoe with the emerald lace holes* View attachment 2239316 View attachment 2239315 What’s good guys, so I’ve wanted to cop a pair of Air Max 95 ‘Greedy’s since I took an L back in 2015 and finally decided to attempt a buy on StockX for cheaper than the usual going rate rn. Fortunately, someone accepted my bid and after weeks of waiting (the seller was was from Europe so StockX needed extra time to get them)... the box arrived at my apartment earlier today. Excited, I opened the box and immediately started looking at the shoes...the outward side of the uppers was fine but then when I flipped the pair over to the inward side of the uppers, I immediately noticed that there was some weird dye-type smears going across the top layer of the grey shading. It just doesn’t look right to me, especially after StockX “inspected” them, etc. I’ve gone online and seen only a couple other pairs with similar dye smears and those seems to be shorter than mine. The rest, especially on all those YouTube unboxing videos, look like the should in the official Nike photos etc. I own a bunch of Air Max 95’s and have never seen this before. Is this legitimate or should I demand a refund from StockX for trying to pass off a B-grade pair to me? I don’t think they’re fake tbh. But my fear, of course, is that I’ll just receive my money back instead of a replacement at StockX’s expense and I’ll be back to square one. Probably won’t find another DS pair of these bad boys for $350 anytime soon...smh. Help! Appreciated.

*I apologize for the poorly lit pics but you can definitely see the dye smears still. Just not as prominently as they appear IRL.

I have 3 pairs of Greedy 95's. All I purchased brand new when released years ago. All 3 have that same "bleeding". That's just what they do.

Back
Top Bottom