Just moved to Osaka, Japan. Any Nt'ers out here?

wasssup guys just moved to japan (osaka city) late last year and looking to meet some new people to kick it with , maybe you guys know some cool spots. i'moriginally from hawaii, but was living in las vegas before i moved here. i just got married to my wife who is japanese, and decided to move here for a fewyears instead of having her move to the us, which turned out for the better with the way las vegas is going down.... thank god i didn't buy a house invegas! lol anyway get at me.

damn, congrats on your move. i would love to live in japan but am living in NYC.

i am sure you can find websites on american expats living in osaka though.

Congrats on your move. Do you speak japanese yet? Or do most people over there speak english?

From what I was told, that's 1 of the biggest pickpocketing cities across the world.

Watch your knots, baller.

i've found some sites on americans living here but sometimes it's hard to relate to them. i'm korean-american so many japanese speak to me injapanese, but the funny thing is most americans speak to me in japanese too. lol. i'm pretty familiar with japanese culture from growing up in hawaii withjapanese friends and tons of tourists and being asian myself, korean culture is somewhat similar to japanese culture. i've been to korea a lot before so iam used to the large crowds and subway craziness, plus my wife is japanese and can speak english well. i can speak only basic japanese. i took some japanese inhigh school but failed 2 out of 3 years, lol, so i can read and understand a bit. everyone here learns english but many can't speak it well or areembarressed to use it.

i wanna go to japan....place is nice
pimp.gif

if your wife speaks perfect English and you can barely speak Japanese, why did you move to Japan instead of having her come here?

i just got my visa approved in the beginning of jan. i have a part time english teaching job, but am in the interview process at the ritz carlton out here. iactually am a professional chef/cook (hate saying chef as most people imagine some tv show chef b.s.) and want to get some more experience working atinternational hotels out here which = $$$ when i move back to the us. cha-ching! lol j/k its just really good for my career/resume. i will say this, teachingenglish f_ckin pays good! some places pay up to 4000 yen an hour which is a little more than $40/hr
eek.gif

Originally Posted by fsr20det

i've found some sites on americans living here but sometimes it's hard to relate to them. i'm korean-american so many japanese speak to me in japanese, but the funny thing is most americans speak to me in japanese too. lol. i'm pretty familiar with japanese culture from growing up in hawaii with japanese friends and tons of tourists and being asian myself, korean culture is somewhat similar to japanese culture. i've been to korea a lot before so i am used to the large crowds and subway craziness, plus my wife is japanese and can speak english well. i can speak only basic japanese. i took some japanese in high school but failed 2 out of 3 years, lol, so i can read and understand a bit. everyone here learns english but many can't speak it well or are embarressed to use it.
i found that a lot of those places where americans live in japan, dudes are bitter or salty. like... gaijinpot for instance, rarely any positiveon that site.

in any case, good stuff. i want to move to tokyo soon, gotta finish school and then find a job (hard part
laugh.gif
)

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

if your wife speaks perfect English and you can barely speak Japanese, why did you move to Japan instead of having her come here?

why not? i had a life changing/ once in a lifetime opportunity most people want badly but don't get. i have an advantage being asian as i can blend in orstand out as i choose. my wife is japanese and can help me out so i am not living here "blindly." i am already familiar with the culture but i canlearn and understand more of my wife's culture and language and spend time with her friends and family which is only better for our marriage. i can getworld class international experience in my career which will help my future tremendously, especially when i go back to the us. i already have friends fromhawaii who live out here. there is so many more reasons........ i have a friend in las vegas who is a white boy from indiana and he lived here for 7 years andloved it. i thought to myself if he can make it here with no previous experience/knowledge about japan it's almost a shame that i don't try. you knowit's funny i feel americans in general don't travel as much as asians and europeans, and don't understand why other people from different countriesdo it so much. so many peeps talk about how they want to travel so much but how many actually do it? %$!+, hawaii is part of the us and so many peoplehaven't even traveled there, or even know that it'ss a part of america. lol

Originally Posted by finnns2003

i've found some sites on americans living here but sometimes it's hard to relate to them. i'm korean-american so many japanese speak to me in japanese, but the funny thing is most americans speak to me in japanese too. lol. i'm pretty familiar with japanese culture from growing up in hawaii with japanese friends and tons of tourists and being asian myself, korean culture is somewhat similar to japanese culture. i've been to korea a lot before so i am used to the large crowds and subway craziness, plus my wife is japanese and can speak english well. i can speak only basic japanese. i took some japanese in high school but failed 2 out of 3 years, lol, so i can read and understand a bit. everyone here learns english but many can't speak it well or are embarressed to use it.
i found that a lot of those places where americans live in japan, dudes are bitter or salty. like... gaijinpot for instance, rarely any positive on that site.

in any case, good stuff. i want to move to tokyo soon, gotta finish school and then find a job (hard part
laugh.gif
)

thats true. there are a lot of negative people who just can't adapt but there are some people who love it and get along great. some peeps get sooo japaneseits kinda weird. there's a british guy whos on radio and tv, peter baraken, i think and he speaks perfect japanese. when i say perfect, i mean my wife sayshis formal speech is even better then most japanese people.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

i found that a lot of those places where americans live in japan, dudes are bitter or salty. like... gaijinpot for instance, rarely any positive on that site.

laugh.gif
)

thats true. there are a lot of negative people who just can't adapt but there are some people who love it and get along great. some peeps get sooo japanese its kinda weird. there's a british guy whos on radio and tv, peter baraken, i think and he speaks perfect japanese. when i say perfect, i mean my wife says his formal speech is even better then most japanese people.

that's just it. those people who join a lot of those forums, have nothing to do but complain that it's not like back home. or they thought it would besomething it's not. instead of just... adapting to what the country is about. i'm getting there with the 日本語

wasssup guys just moved to japan (osaka city) late last year and looking to meet some new people to kick it with , maybe you guys know some cool spots. i'm originally from hawaii, but was living in las vegas before i moved here. i just got married to my wife who is japanese, and decided to move here for a few years instead of having her move to the us, which turned out for the better with the way las vegas is going down.... thank god i didn't buy a house in vegas! lol anyway get at me.

did you change your last name to get equal citzen rights
laugh.gif

BUt really it must be nice with all that weather

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

I think Icky is from there

He's from Hong Kong......I believe. I would move there in a heart beat. I need to soak up my roots on the Japanese side of me.

For everyone ragging on the OP: Do you know how many foreigners teaching English in Japan try to marry someone Japanese to stay in the country?

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

For everyone ragging on the OP: Do you know how many foreigners teaching English in Japan try to marry someone Japanese to stay in the country?
no tell us

better be rockin a little bitta that sushi meng.

the sushi in the states esta mas hwhack hrapper

Back
Top Bottom