Just moved to Osaka, Japan. Any Nt'ers out here?

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

OP you done *$$++$ up man
smh.gif
I bet you'll be back in the states within a year
laugh.gif
you act like japan is such a bad place. many aspects of japan i'd take over the states.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

OP you done *$$++$ up man
smh.gif
I bet you'll be back in the states within a year
laugh.gif

I am not your average hate on everyone thats different, don't want to try something new because i'm scared, i think i'm better then everyone, typeso i doubt i'll be back anytime soon. i'm not a kid who just thought it would be so "fresh and dope" if i moved to japan and don't knowwhat i'm getting myself into.
Originally Posted by koolbarbone

For everyone ragging on the OP: Do you know how many foreigners teaching English in Japan try to marry someone Japanese to stay in the country?

i actually met my wife in hawaii and she lived with me in vegas for a while before i moved here to japan but a lot of people try to stay here especiallythrough marriage cause the visa there are a lot of foreigners here from so many countries. you can't just assume if they are black or white and dress acertain way they can speak english. a lot are european or african and english is their second language. one of my friends is italian and his wife speaksitalian with him.
Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

OP, what car do you drive?

don't have a car yet. i think it'll cost a few thousand just to get my license and then the cost of insurance and the taxes is pretty crazy. i'mdefinitely trying to figure a way they got some sick #$$! out here. i seen some pulsar gti-r's pretty cheap out here. sr20det + awd sounds good to me!

Originally Posted by Club29

I guess we know who wears the pants in this relationship

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

osaka is cool, nothin compared to tokyo tho. osaka is more of the countryside than anything, but its also a pretty big city. tokyo is where its at tho.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by Club29

I guess we know who wears the pants in this relationship

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

osaka is cool, nothin compared to tokyo tho. osaka is more of the countryside than anything, but its also a pretty big city. tokyo is where its at tho.
I agree, Tokyo is the coolest looking city by far, THE place... but I'd like to visit Osaka eventually.

I am going to try to live in Japan for a year once I am done with this contracting job here in Kuwait. I am so jealous of the OP right now
frown.gif

i stayed in japan for 6 months last year
just visited some family
that place is really dopee
specially where my relative stayed in tokyo.

anyone that can speak real english can be a teacher there real talk.

good luck tho

its a bit pricey living there too

I pray i get stationed in Okinawa

I heard you either love it or hate it

ik i would like it tho, im not one to complain

Originally Posted by eight2one

i would move for the life expierence.

that is on point. we on the same level.
Originally Posted by finnns2003

OP, how is Osaka? I've only been to Tokyo.

osaka is cool lots of good things around the kansai area. kyoto,nara,kobe. good shopping, good food, good people. like i said i'm a professional cook andosaka is the food capitol of japan so you can figure how great it is for me........ and to the people who think it's so expensive, it's not that badreally just depends on how you wanna live. our apt in total size is a bit small but our bedroom is pretty big, enough for a queen size bed, with a lot ofcloset space and a big shoe cabinet!! we pay about $450 a month! try to beat that without livin in the ghetto....lol

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

I love what you're doing.

Good luck to you and your wife.

thanks man. really appreciate it.
Originally Posted by RunningFishy

how did you meet your wife?
kalani nani ole highway.

no wayz braddah! i neva meet her on Kalaniana'ole Highway.......lol....i actually met her through a korean friend of mine who studied with her at UH.

my boy lived there for 3 years, he's been back for a little over a year and is going back there to live, he goes by the name "thelocust" not onniketalk, but he posts on hypebeast, and is a mod on bapetalk

hey OP, best of luck! i'll always give props to anybody willing to expand their horizons and keep an open mind.

btw: what's it like being a korean in japan? i mean, there's the obvious history there but i figure since it's a new generation, it's not asbig a deal?

Originally Posted by bohrdom

hey OP, best of luck! i'll always give props to anybody willing to expand their horizons and keep an open mind.

btw: what's it like being a korean in japan? i mean, there's the obvious history there but i figure since it's a new generation, it's not as big a deal?

this is an educated man! it's not so bad at all. first of all almost all younger gen japanese are not familiar with the general history of japan and asia.i look at my self as a american with a korean cultural background. japanese look at me as just an american. they expect me to think and act like astereotypical white american and are usually surprised and pleased that i am familiar with korean and japanese culture. korean culture and food is prettypopular here.

i still think it's funny how much people stare when you're out, in japan. me, i'm not bothered by it... but it's hilarious being on a train ata busy time and feeling all of the 'eyes' looking at you.

Back
Top Bottom