Just Realized...

I was looking at college basketball rosters for some of the top schools and isnt it weird that all the players or about 75% of them or all the good ones aremajoring in communications. From what I know isnt that the easiest major?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

also, can you list a few that are majoring in communications?

Patrick Patterson, AJ Stewart, and Josh Harrelson.

about 6 UK guys are majoring in Community Comm. & Leadership Development.

Meeks: Business Marketing

Darius Miller: Pyschology

Porter: Finance with a PHD in Basketball Suckage.

He's right, I did a quick sample of a team with a lot of boneheads: Syracuse. Devendorf, Flynn, Mookie Jones, Paul Harris, Kevin Drew, and Kris Joseph allhave a Communications major. "Human Ecology" was also another preferred major of syracuse players...

thats what I'm saying if your actually interested okay then but some of these guys just want the easy way out.

OP is right... it seems like all of these dudes are either Communications, Criminal Justice, Sports Medicine or Sociology. i always noticed this.

here's an article i just looked up on this:

http://www.usatoday.com/s...-18-majors-graphic_N.htm

laugh.gif
not really surprising... you wouldn't expect cats on the hoops team to be majoring in Chemical Engineering, unless it's Stanford or something

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

He's right, I did a quick sample of a team with a lot of boneheads: Syracuse. Devendorf, Flynn, Mookie Jones, Paul Harris, Kevin Drew, and Kris Joseph all have a Communications major. "Human Ecology" was also another preferred major of syracuse players...
Doesn't Syracuse have one of the top Communications schools in the nation, though? Players getting a degree in Communications in that case ispretty understandable.

I'm pretty sure something like ~80% of the athletes at Texas A&M major Ag Leadership. Talk about a joke of a major
laugh.gif
Look for Antoine Wright's interview from a few years ago, where he talksabout how easy those classes were.

Here at Oregon most of the football/basketball players major in Political Science.

I love it when I walk into a new PS class in the beginning of the term and see four or five football players sitting in there. That means either (a) The classis easy or (b) The teacher grades on a huge curve. Either way, I know I'm in the clear.

my dude in d1 majors in that. he said "i aint tryna read no books" lmao
but its not bad

laugh.gif
it's true tho.
the only athlete i can recall majoring in engineering is Manny Lawson, he did some form of engineering but i can't quite remember which one...that'spretty crazy.

They have too since its the easier of majors. You really think someone doing both sports and engineering/premed/law will pass?

Michael Ruffin got a degree in ChemEngn,
Alan Henderson got a BA in Bio
Emeka graduated with a 3.8 GPA (although, in finance).
Dikembe can speak 9 languages, not smart per se, but still, nine languages is impressive.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Michael Ruffin got a degree in ChemEngn,
Alan Henderson got a BA in Bio
Emeka graduated with a 3.8 GPA (although, in finance).
Dikembe can speak 9 languages, not smart per se, but still, nine languages is impressive.
laugh.gif
you're joking, right? You don't think that Mutombo was smart? First off, you would be playing under John Thompson if youcouldn't hack it in the classroom. Integrity starts with him. Secondly...

Mutombo was a double major with degrees in Linguistics and Diplomacy from Georgetown University

and before that, he was originally pre-med....

wow.. this post just made me feel useless.. im majoring in communications and i dont even play any sports
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

I think a lot of college athletes major in communications so they can do some sort of sports broadcasting or analyzing on air on some local sports networkafter they're done playing if they don't make it to the pros

Back
Top Bottom