Just saw the movie j. Edgar..........

This dude was wearing dresses though
laugh.gif

I tried watching this movie during a flight...

put me to sleep.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

This dude was wearing dresses though
laugh.gif

I'm sorry, but did you not go to school? Hoover being a cross dresser and homosexual was not a "secret" even though he wanted it to be. 
terrible, over hyped movie.

Movie was definitely not overhyped. It got pretty bad reviews. Sad too it had Leo and Clint.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Eastwood is the most overrated director in Hollywood not named "Tarantino."

oh, so pulp fiction, kill bill 1& 2, resevoir dogs and inglorious bastards all suck huh!!

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Eastwood nice on the camera, and behind it

Yeah, that statement is pretty dumb. But I can kind of see why people think Tarantino is overrated.

M knight shalamalan our however you spell it is overrated. Tarentino is good in my book.

Steven Spielberg...James Cameron...Judd Apatow...Oliver Stone...

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

oh, so pulp fiction, kill bill 1& 2, resevoir dogs and inglorious bastards all suck huh!!

See... I never said they "sucked" (or didn't).  They're just not the masterpieces his most vocal fans are desperate for them to be.  Hence, the term "overrated." 

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

M knight shalamalan our however you spell it is overrated. Tarentino is good in my book.

Nah, people have been hip to his garbage since "The Village." His later films make me wonder if really he directed the first few by himself. I loved "Unbreakable," though. And Tarantino is "good," just overrated. Eastwood also has some "good" films (out of the thousand or so he's done). But again, he's not a guarantee for cinematic enjoyment like some folks try to say.  

GotHolesInMySocks wrote:
See... I never said they "sucked" (or didn't).  They're just not the masterpieces his most vocal fans are desperate for them to be.  Hence, the term "overrated." 
Well they were great and some of my favorite movies.  Pulp Fiction is regarded pretty highly.  That's how it is with diehard fans and saying movies are "masterpieces".  But those films listed are loved for good reason.
If you want to talk about overrated movies, Inception is one of the worst ones.  The slurpage for that movie is 
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom