Just started collecting any suggestions

Hello NT i just started my jordan collecting in 2008 so far i have a pair of 8's orange blaze, Fire red V's, oly flag VI's, 3/20 cdp, cool greyspizikes, and some i.e xi in white and blue, like the title says anysuggestions for a new sneakerhead

stop while you can....

sneaker "collecting" is thousands of dollars wasted on shoes that could go into something alot better....

At this point, just that G money sneaker.
pimp.gif

Welcome to NT.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Untitled

stop while you can....

sneaker "collecting" is thousands of dollars wasted on shoes that could go into something alot better....
Truth. If you really want to 'collect' something, try stamps.

Buy what you'll wear.

stop while you can....

Word. My advice would be, buy what you like and wear what you like. Starting a collection only really means that you're out to get any andeverything you can, and most of this will be outrageous prices for sometime unwearable shoes..

Originally Posted by duerr

stop while you can....

Truth. If you really want to 'collect' something, try stamps.

Buy what you'll wear.
yea maybe i worded that wrong but i do wear all the shoes i buy

Originally Posted by Beelzebub23

stop while you can....

Word. My advice would be, buy what you like and wear what you like. Starting a collection only really means that you're out to get any and everything you can, and most of this will be outrageous prices for sometime unwearable shoes..

OMG I had to learn this the HARD WAY bought up a bunch of shoes I dont want anymore. Listen look around and get the shoes you really want no spur of the momentthing. The Shoes should be your favorites and the colors you like.

yea i havent been able to decide on a pair lately but ive always wanted the oly vii's since i first started buying j's

buy what you like .... cause if you fall into buying everything Jb puts out youll find yourself throwing so much money away before you know it

quality over quantity! if you follow the hype, you will waste money and forget the purpose intended. people are so concerned that one collector has a biggerarsenal of kicks than they do and fail to remember that someone always has a bigger collection. like the guys have already stated, buy the kicks you know youwill rock!

stop while you can....

agree

but you should check out the buy/sell forum

Take your time and dont try to '' keep up with the game''.

If a release date or shoe passes u by, dont go OMG.

It's not the end of the world.

stop while you can....

Lol yup the Better thing is to finally get That Jacob Jesus out of the Gulag Ninja lol

Been down since '98, "collecting" actively since about '02... just develop your own preferences and don't worry AT ALL about the hype orwhat everybody else likes... get those Oly 7s if you've wanted them for awhile... I lost mine that I got on RD (they flew out the bed of the trucc I wasdriving to my new house) and almost a year after losing them (and a lot of patience and missed opportunities) they should be on my porch sometime this week.That's what this is all about in my opinion. The sniper's creed of "one shot, one kill" rings true even when buying shoes. Choose your targetcarefully, wait as long as it takes to ensure the kill, and only reveal your position when the target is neutralized. In short, buy what YOU like, not whatTHEY beast over....

seriously, the easiest way I rationalized my situation was first looking at my collection of about 65 pairs of sneakers, and asked myself "if someone camein here and had intentions of stealing all my sneakers, which pairs would I seriously miss?" I realized that all I needed was my 3 favorites; grape 5s,metallic black 5s, and 2001 cement 3s. So the point here is, BUY WHAT YOU LIKE. NTers can't stress that enough. If you want oly VII, then buy it. There isnothing more satisfying than buying the pair that you want, in your size, and the specific colorway that you really like. No need to get !@*@!%@# sneakersevery other day. Save and get that one sneaker you absolutely have no gripes about.

best advice as mentioned is don't follow any hype and also if you do decide to collect jordans 1 thru 23, my advice is not to purchase 5 or 6 colorways ofthe same shoe. I learned this lesson the hard way, thus forcing me to cut the fat off my collection and only keep the pairs worth holding onto.

Back
Top Bottom