Justin Timberlake Thread: The 20/20 Experience Due 3/19, Link to "Suit & Tie" ft. Jay-Z on 1st Page

When has justin timberlake not been horrible lyrically? He gets away with murder for how bad his lyrics are. If someone else put out his songs, they'd be clowned endlessly. What's confusing to me is that he has the money and label power to hire any songwriters, yet his lyrics still suck.

Last edited:
Suit and Tie is the biggest pile of ****

Take Back the Night bores me to death

Haven't heard TKO yet. Looks like it's getting bad reviews though.

What are you talking about?

Dress On has some profound lyrics
laugh.gif
This song is honestly total crap and I'm a huge JT/Timbo fan.

Whoever said it sounds like something from Shock Value, Vol. 4  is spot on.

Rehashed ideas and it sounds like it was made in less than 48 hours. **** sounds like the 47th track they cut from FS/LS.

"Dress On" >>>>> "TKO" and it's not close. Even the breakdown was rather basic.

"Mirrors" >>>>>>>>>> "TBTN" >>> "S&T" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "TKO".

It's a shame too, because I was really looking forward to this 2nd part. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
The whole concept/lyrics of TKO is cringeworthy. Got Timb harmonizing coochie coo right from the jump. Definitely a waste of a beat.

Suit & Tie & Mirrors is better than any one these two singles released from this 2nd album. let's hope the rest sounds better.

I'm interested in the "special surprise" which I assume is the 11th track that's 11:31 in length

And Cabaret ft Drake which is a "strip club anthem"

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm tired of hearing JT and Timbaland recycle the same songs they have already done before.  This is Ayo Techonology/Chop It Up.  Maybe he should just get with The Neptunes again 
ohwell.gif

These lyrics are atrocious.  It's been that way for a while now, but for some reason, JT gets the biggest pass out of anyone.  I know JT stans in real life that weren't even showing 20/20 love, and on NT, it's a classic.  I'm starting to think my copy is wrong and it ain't the same one yall got 
laugh.gif
.  Crazy to me 

first two songs off this album are terrible. it's crazy how nobody told him that "take back the night" is the name of a well-established anti-rape group. and timbaland saying "coochie coo" to start of the new track is creepy as hell. it's looking like this "part 2" album is just throwaways from part 1.

Thing is he's not targeting NT as his audience; lets be real 80% of this board only care about rap and don't buy albums anyway

I wasn't impressed with Take Back the Night after giving it time but TKO is a smash hit to the masses

I mean SexyBack is his worst single IMO and that's his biggest and I hate that song

He's supposedly debuting new music tonight at the I Heart Radio festival

Last edited:
True Blood I still need to hear in cdq but it sounds pretty disappointing. The song he did at the end sounds pretty interesting.

Back
Top Bottom