JVG Apprecation Post

Just watching knicks bulls right now, and Jeff Van Gundy's commentary reminds me what I really like about him. He's one of the few guys who doesn't try to be a politically correct drone like the rest of the NBA media crew. Dude actually points out a lot of the garbage and bullspit rules and things that stern has implemented in the league. His actual basketball commentary might be questionable sometimes, but his unwillingness to just talk the way the NBA head office would want him to gets my respect 
pimp.gif

I respect the Van Gundys . They keep it too real.

[SVG]the only thing I don't like... is bull-$$@+[/SVG]

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by ColdCity

but he's terrible tho

wth are you talking about

eff outta here. JVG is legit.

Nah fam i respect him for speaking his mind but hes too biased 
& you can 
96mhds

Mostly appreciated just made a comment similar to this in the bulls thread. He doesnt hesitate to speak his mind which is what i like.

Jeff Van Gundy is becoming a legend in the booth. The man is a genius, his wit is as proud as the Queen's Knights, it's truly and honor and privilege to listen to the man and absorb his knowledge.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

but hes too biased 
Biased about what? Of the few complaints I've heard about JVG, being biased was never one of them. He'll call out or criticize anyone and isn't afraid to go against the grain.
Originally Posted by TraSoul82

I respect the Van Gundys . They keep it too real.

[SVG]the only thing I don't like... is bull-$$@+[/SVG]

Appreciated, the only guy who I like more is Bill Walton when he used to do the NBC broadcast.

His commentary was great today. Way too many BS calls were being called and he didn't hesitate to speak on it. He's grown on me over the years.

Always loved JVG. He was schooling the hell out of Mike Breen.

I want to keep SVG too.
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by rashi

Always loved JVG. He was schooling the hell out of Mike Breen.

I want to keep SVG too.
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif
SVG and JVG doing a game together would be
pimp.gif

Breen would be driven to off himself

laugh.gif
 Appreciated.  I bet David Stern loves and hates this dude.  Because JVG always shoots between the eyes when it comes to his commentary.

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I wonder what playing for him was like?

Ask Steve Francis.  Though he made his only postseason appearance via JVG, he loathes him.

he speaks truth about rules and what not but if anyone has ever watched him commentate a heat game, its some of the most biased commentating I've ever seen.

I remember some years back when he was coaching the Knicks and they were playing the Heat. The Heat went on like a 20-0 run or something, JVG called a timeout and NBC had a camera over the Knicks huddle and he went ape %%*@ 
laugh.gif
. Knicks ended up blowing out the Heat by like 20.
roll.gif

laugh.gif

JVG is a character. How could you not like this guy? I knew I liked him after he held on Zo's leg.
laugh.gif
The Lakers Heat game when he started singing Blame it on the Alcohol, I just died.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom